Windows is just bad

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inspur_K-UX
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix
unix.org/what_is_unix/single_unix_specification.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/thread

b-but it didn't start yet

You did. You said that at least Mac is unix-like. That should tell you right away that Windows is worse.

You answered your own question. Move along.

I use Mac OS for work. The UI is trash but it's pretty solid under the hood. Windows on the other hand has a trash UI and underneath is a patchwork of turds that have been stapled and superglued together so that it can be sold to idiots who will unironically eat the turds, thinking they're the best that's available.

aha
not dead yet

It was never alive you homosexual.

I cant stand the mac pro laptop keyboards though, Im wwaiting for the next release they say there going to change it

It's fine when I'm out and just checking emails or whatever but I plug in a mechanical keyboard at my office or home desks when I'm programming.

Mac OS sucks because you're railroaded into using their hardware choices. It's an ok OS, nothing special, I've got a 27" iMac that I never use because I personally prefer Linux.

osx

are those 2 guys kissing?

Is it worth trying hackntouch?

everything is worth trying

It's simple.

Windows only has a lot of software compatibility. That's pretty much it. As an OS is purely garbage. It's many systems on top of one, constant updates that have the potential to break shit (and you know, I hear this argument about hackintosh, but macOS wasn't even intended to run on different hardware while Windows supposedly is for fucks sake), requires an absurd amount of security, registry is a fucking thing, and it doesn't even look slightly fucking decent to boot.

It has many reasons why people use it, for sure. But none are really that convenient.

For instance games. Fucking videogames. You get a fucking $1000 computer and you have to be forced to use that trashy fucking system just so you can feel like a flashy faggot waving your dick around while having frame drops here and there.

-Some- production software. macOS has plenty of that too. Maybe the fucking Office suite. Then again if you don't need much more than fucking essays, pages does that for you, it's free and it's not fucking LibreOffice which thinks that putting images inside tables is a pretty complicated task.

The "usability" thing. Being used to how the system fucking works so you have this stupid duckling syndrome, so when you close windows you always have to expect to close programs and then you can't just accept the new behavior. All those things that make macOS so "stupid" because it so happens that half of the DEs on linux try to draw in Windows users, therefore use traditional Windows features, but there's a belief that it's standard, not just windows, therefore macOS gets shit on.

And yeah, I understand that the file merging behavior is bullshit on macOS. Or showing files. That's true.

And of course apple hardware is expensive. No one wants to buy a new computer looking out for parts that work for hackintosh. Even though when I bought my parts, it was as easy as 1. Getting an intel CPU, 2. Getting a cheap as shit mobo and 3. Getting a GPU that didn't just come out.

I don't see 2 people
I see one smug smiley

that says a lot about you

macOS >>>> Windows >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shitnux

MacOS. Now, move along.

Yep, works on most modern computers with intel CPUs.

You'll get issues with:

-Top of the line new hardware that just came out
-AMD processors, of course
-Dedicated sound and ethernet cards
-Laptops. Laptops are more difficult to deal with.

But the rest? It's just smooth. I think most year old GPUs work now without more issues than sleep (on the AMD side).

year of the fucking hackintosh desktop

>hackintosh
But you end up using some Pajeet tier crack to run your OS. Securitywise, you might as well run Windows. I just can't come to grips with that aspect, sorry.

if you're going to argue for using a mac vs. windows based on the above criteria and argue that hackintosh is better, you're only making yourself look stupid for not just using Linux. Stability is no longer an issue and in almost all cases, you don't need to touch the terminal anymore. If my 60 year old parents can use Linux, you have no excuse. My mother uses Ubuntu and I installed Solus for my father, but he didn't like it, so he reinstalled Deepin on his own.

Also, complaining about the trivial behaviours of a DE goes both ways; I can just as easily imply that YOU are stupid for not being able to move from one paradigm to the other. And in Linux, you can just choose whatever DE you like best.

Whoops! I forgot to namefag.

yeah, I guess I'm too smart

Faygeleh?

Damnit! Did it again!

What pajeet tier crack exactly?

We're not talking about the stupid fucking niresh thing that nobody uses anymore. We're using a different bootloader, that's it. The rest of the system, unless there's an actual need for it, in most cases runs natively or open source fixes. Clover uses GPL.

this

software is a valid argument for using windows over something else. but that's it. only software.

The OS itself is pure shit, you're not using your software BECAUSE of Windows, you're using it in SPITE OF Windows doing its best to get in your way.

I feel bad for replying to bait :(

How well supported are AMD CPU's using the method you speak of?

what

Update your memes, Plebbitor.

>I can just as easily imply that YOU are stupid for not being able to move from one paradigm to the other.

>Your implication would be right if I had issues being able to use Windows.
Stability is no longer an issue and in almost all cases, you don't need to touch the terminal anymore.

I'm not saying stability would be an issue if it keeps progressing in a way such that nothing breaks and things are getting fixed left and right. But a lot of things need fixing. I need my opened laptop, under Xubuntu, to display the login window just fine on either display it wants (hell I don't even care, I'll let it choose) when docked and plugged to a different monitor. I can't get that, the window just decides to fuck off to a part of the screen where I cannot see it well. LightDM doesn't have to be this primitive. I'm not bothered about something just breaking, I'm bothered about what is broken right now.

Also I don't even know where I mentioned Linux and stability. I'm not expecting you to defend it and a distro can be extremely satisfying and another a complete and utter mess so, what an argument.

I don't run linux because for a while I always kept a fucking script that I needed to use just to be half as comfortable as I am with this system, that's just how it is. Tell me of a decent word processor. Tell me of a decent Google Drive client. Maybe some decent graphic design tools, because I actually fucking worked with Illustrator for a heck of a long time and no, Inkscape doesn't fucking suffice, no fucking way. Maybe in the future AD will get ported to linux, who even knows. I genuinely do not see the point, even if it's that stable. Because I haven't managed to break my system since I installed Sierra last year anyways.

None.

But that's the thing. There's not one person that will try to sell hackintosh to you and tell you they use an AMD processor, quite the contrary. Intel CPUs or bust, and my man, that's not a hard choice. That's not "specific hardware". Just A or B.

>You get a fucking $1000 computer and you have to be forced to use that trashy fucking system just so you can feel like a flashy faggot waving your dick around

Let the butthurt flow through you

Mac may be unix-like, but Windows is Linux-like

I always thought that windows, but after installing hackintosh I'm not sure

macOS isn't Unix-like, it _IS_ UNIX.

OH SHIT I NEVER NOTICED THAT!

People think hackintosh is this thing from 5 years ago

Keep up motherfuckers with some slightly decent non-obscure hardware the only real difference is you don't have a 5k display and fancy boot times.

>being retarded this much

That, or it's a demurely smiling ass.

>pajeet tier crack
I got my install media from a friend's Mac, copied to a flash drive along with clover bootloader and the config.plist for hd4000 laptop boot

No BS, no pajeet shit
And to get shit working I used the Probook Git patch files, which can't do much to file integrity

Unix is a certification, macOS has the UNIX 03 certification. Ergo, macOS is Unix, tard.

this is a hard one..
I've never used macos extensively but I think windows wins this
it just sux

It's literally, BSD with software and drivers, of course it's UNIX.

>UNIX with name "not unix"
ok

>it only works on one brand of CPU's
>that's not "specific hardware"

Only macfags care about that piece of paper. They can never explain why, but it's supposedly super relevant.

Who even cares?

>ok
Good.
Now fuck off.

I did not know this was the standard now. My appologies.

>if i put on a nametag that says, "Josua", on my shirt, my name will be Joshua
tard

It doesn't mean anything other than that macOS is Uniux. Nothing more, nothing less

Why do people circlejerk to Unix so much here? Literally no one except schools cared about it until Linux. BSD and GNU/Linux are mainly relevant because of their licensing, if they were less FOSS no one would care. Mac switched to Unix because "borrowing" BSD code was easier than making their own OS to compete with Windows. There's more desktop operating systems than Unix derivatives and Windows, it's just unfortunate they all died, usually due to mistakes by the companies who created them.

>Unix is a certification
Objectively false. Unix is an OS, macOS is not Unix, it's certified UNIX.

So, it's completely irrelevant.

if anything, Windows users use sketchy cracks

t. Prekeet Sudin Raghu Poojeet

UNIX is a certification, for an OS to wield the name "UNIX", it must meet certain standards. macOS meets those standards, and had the open group decide this. They then earned that piece of paper and the right to call themselves a UNIX OS.

>UNIXlets still mad
kek; your shit OS will never be UNIX, that's why they call it shitnux

>hackintush

>Objectively false. Unix is an OS
False. UNIX is a brand. According to the Open Group, anything meeting the UNIX spec may use the brand and call themselves UNIX, like macOS.

>being a *nixlet
kek

>UNIX is a certification, for an OS to wield the name "UNIX", it must meet certain standards. macOS meets those standards, and had the open group decide this. They then earned that piece of paper and the right to call themselves a UNIX OS.

>Windows meets Windows certification
>Linux meets Linux certification
>Android meets Android certification
paste any OS

You still haven't explained why the piece of paper matters. How it's a criteria of quality.

>your shit OS will never be UNIX, that's why they call it shitnux
Oh, you're retarded.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inspur_K-UX

Yes, they can call themselves UNIX. Which is different than Unix, which is an OS, not a brand or a certification. Does capitalization hurt your brain?

You haven't refuted anything I wrote, tard. In fact, it looks like you're agreeing with me. I have acknowledged you, subhuman. You may fuck off now.

>And yeah, I understand that the file merging behavior is bullshit on macOS. Or showing files. That's true.
>And of course apple hardware is expensive.

Seriously - if Apple could drop laptop prices to be even *somewhat* competitive, they would generate tons of business interest.

And a few tweaks to their UI/file handling would satisfy most geeks... shame really...

you can always install a Unix layer on Windows and enjoy many of the same services and applications
but you can't pull a barbed apple-branded cock out of your ass

>Yes, they can call themselves UNIX. Which is different than Unix
You are retarded. Unix is not the trademark, but UNIX. It doesn't mean Unix is the OS while UNIX is the brand, subhuman tard. Holy shit you're dumb

MacOS is certified UNIX, leenooks retard
Windows have multiple "unix-like" subsystems, both official and third-party

No, you are retard who can't understand what I meant. And what I meant was that some stupid certification does not mean anything, lol.

It means it is UNIX, Pookeet. That's all that means.

that is not even funny, /g can't troll anymore?

Actually that's exactly what it means:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix
>Unix (/ˈjuː.nJks/; trademarked as UNIX) is a family of multitasking, multiuser computer operating systems that derive from the original AT&T Unix, developed starting in the 1970s at the Bell Labs research center by Ken Thompson, Dennis Ritchie, and others.[3]
>the UNIX trademark passed to the industry standards consortium The Open Group, which allows the use of the mark for certified operating systems compliant with the Single UNIX Specification (SUS). Among these is Apple's macOS,[5] which is the Unix version with the largest installed base as of 2014.
Again: Unix is an OS, UNIX is a trademark and certification.

Ok, and Windows is Microsoft certified, and RHEL is Red Hat certified.

>being smart

Nope, you are retarded.

>Unix (/ˈjuː.nJks/; trademarked as UNIX) is a family of multitasking, multiuser computer operating systems that
>trademarked as UNIX
>trademarked as UNIX
>trademarked as UNIX

unix.org/what_is_unix/single_unix_specification.html

Previously the UNIX operating system has been a product with four elements (Figure 1); the specification (e.g. SVID) , the technology (e.g. SVR4), the registered trade mark (UNIX), and the product (e.g. UNIXWare).
>the UNIX operating system

You are the cancer ruining Sup Forums, goddamn retarded fuckwit. Do some research first, please. Dumbfuck retard, literally proved himself wrong on his own wikipedia article. Holy shit you're retarded.

Did you read "specification" and "unix system" In this green text, Pajeet?

>arguing with nixlets
They're either Poojeets or autistic spergs using shitnux, Sup Forums is dead.

who the fuck cares?

Nope, Unix and UNIX are the same thing, moron. UNIX is the proper, trademarked name is all. Are you a nixlet by any chance? I bet you use GNLoo/Shitnux.

t. nixlet

Go be poor somewhere else, nixlet.

>the UNIX operating system
Why are you misquoting me on purpose? Are you really that desperate to win? I literally said in my post:
>Unix is an OS, UNIX is a trademark and certification.
Are you doing this backpedalling because after all these posts you haven't been able to explain why the certification matters? Or because you got utterly BTFO when I showed you that a RHEL distro obtained certification?

Source?

>Sup Forums is dead
When Macfags outnumber the rest, perhaps. Until then, back to your prolapsed anus, you twat.

>all this fuckery in thread about muh UNIX
Is this a linux user pretending to be retarded?? It's impossible to be so dumb.

That's in my link, tard. Follow it, the Open group refer to UNIX as the OS, specification, trademark, and technology. There is no distinction between Unix and UNIX, you goddamn retard. Try following my links this time, nixlet.

t. linuxlet

Go be stupid somewhere else, nixlet.

Pepe is rolling in his grave right now, you disrepectful Macfag. You are all that he stood against.

t. starving nixlet

>still zero arguments as to how muh piece of paper matters

don't answer to him
we should ask mods to implement captcha with make you solve some simple equations to prevent such retardacy

>MacOS
>not macOS (ex-OSX)

What's Unix-like about a cooperative multitasking operating system without memory protection?
>muh System7

Prove to me that your life matters first, nixlet.

haha holy shit installed ubuntu to dual boot my machine 2 days ago and that single selected picture preview is a grotesque fucking downgrade from what i was used to

i can't believe how much you people have to suffer just to be on par with windows users and meme hate on them

well i guess i'm finally one of you guys now, calling wincucks out for what they are while i secretly hide how backwards trash linux is

>that single selected picture preview is a grotesque fucking downgrade from what i was used to
what?
>while i secretly hide how backwards trash linux is
you are doing something in wrong way

Are you posting this while figuring out how to buy bitcoins to fix your ransomware?

I think macOS has no more than 1% of original UNIX code in it.

No, I'm posting this while I try to figure out a way to quickly select pictures without having to manually highlight a file in my directory and view its preview as in the picture I replies to in my previous post.

As far as I can tell, you can't just see all the image thumbs to quickly find what you want like I could on windows.

It's an unimaginably painful laborious task when you have over 7GB worth of meme reaction images.
see above

>I think
If I wanted to know your opinion, I'd ask it, nixlet.

Burden of proof.

Yes you can, what DE are you using?

That's not how burden of proof works, nixlet. What statement did I make do you feel I need to defend? That macOS is UNIX?

Lmao are you the guy that for the last 5 posts has pretended not to see me asking for an explanation of why the certifications matters at all?