How do we kill Google?

How do we kill Google?

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/?q=How do we kill Google?&t=ffcm&ia=web
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

google owns you

Just wait, they're already killing themselves with the rampant faggotry. If you think a tech company that fills itself up with homosexuals will last long, think again.

How would you make money off the Google decline?

Remember when Penn Jillette said Google can do no harm?

Try googling it

We cant. Unless we make the value of information to plummet.
Lots of social networks operates at a loss but due to the ammount of information that is put there by the user its value is astronomic, they can manipulate and sell those information for who pays the most and then, even if they operate at loss, their value surprass it.

stop using ANY of their services
stop mentioning them
stop thinking about them

more people will do this, less 'google' there be

Make an alternative?

They're already dying. Advertisers apparently aren't too happy with their performance.

You can't kill the google. The google will live on. Bing tried to kill the google, but they failed, as they were smite to the ground.

guys guys what if we all just STOP using google

all ten of us

that will show them

We can't. Google is so big at this point that their survival and continued growth is basically guaranteed.

You can't. Their AI will enslave us all.

Replace the search engine, cloud storage, maps, email, and youtube with something good enough to make people want to switch.

Good luck.

I use Chrome
Youtube / spouse is a successful Youtuber
we both use gmail
I use drive
we both use Maps
I have a Pixel w/ Fi

Wow I'm bad at this....

You can't.

Even if you stop using GMail, Youtube etc. Their ads will still be everywhere which are ~90% of their revenue.. Hell, this website probably uses Google AdSense (I can't tell because of adblock).

>they own google, youtube, android, moot
> killing themselves

We need a way to destroy Google's ad revenue.90% is not a stable foundation. Think of how quickly they would fall if normies staryed using adblock.

They own chrome too

How does Chrome make money? Stealing data?

Should have asked that at least 10 years ago. Google could die tomorrow but Alphabet will live on.

replace http

Blow up all of their redundant servers at the exact same time.

advertising isn't happy with the performance of advertising, it's losing all effectiveness, it's not really about Google

pay mr shark to eat cable - no internet - no power of google

google owns adsense user

yes I know, but it's not that Google advertising is losing money it's that ALL ADVERTISING is and Google is the biggest player in advertising. Pretty soon advertising is going to be invasive as fuck like eye tracking stare at the screen to make the ad go away shit.

By making Google the default search engine. That's also why they bother making Android. Every (vanilla) Android has a big fat Google search bar on the home screen. Just that one thing makes it worth investing billions into developing.

Google is just a really high-tech ad company. Everything they do is to get more people to see their ads.

they make more money selling data than they do from ads

Collectively stop using the internet.

good

Kill their Gibson.

That's probably because there is so much of it that it has become background noise.

Would the ad revenue market crash though? That seems like it would be pretty harmful to a lot of content creation sites.

Yeah that's kind of the bubble that seems to be happening, but apparently even invasive ads like in apps where you have to click things to pass it don't work so we might have to go to an ad currency system where instead of paying advertisers we'd actually be paid by ads directly for watching them, it's kind of insane but we've never had to really deal with a post advertising economy

You can't
Google is too big to fail

No such thing in history.

we live in post history times

true, it's like saying the stadium can lose a football game

>content creation sites

Clickbait factories, you mean. And good riddance to them. 90% of the internet should be purged with fire.

That's just the lie they are selling you. If anything, we live in the resurgence of history.

Source?

tell me how it all pans out senpai

Gonna install lineage without gapps tomorrow
Cant wait to be rid of the botnet

His ass, but I still wouldn't doubt it

>Rome will never fall!
>Communism will never fall!
>IBM will never fall!
>Google will never fall!
You people never learn, do you?

Rome didn't.
Communism didn't.
IBM didn't.
Google won't.

>No such thing in history.

History keeps proving that wrong.

We need a David to slay this Goliath.

where the fuck was I when IBM failed?

Probably in your dad's ballsack.

Just wait. All the tech giants of the past have fallen, as will this one. Beurocracy and greed kill everything on a long enough timeline

>Rome didn't.
Yes, yes it did. Everyone was having a nice time until they started dying. All the dead people falling over and the buildings falling to the ground, that was the fall.

I want to be part of it though and I want to profit off of it and I don't want something worse to take its place.

This is such a stupid saying. We go through sperm so fast even without ejaculation, if anything he was in his mother's ovary. But of course everything has to be male centric because despite all evidence to the contrary (mitochondria, ocular development, etc.) we insist male is primary and female is secondary, down to our very language.

IBM is worth over 100 billion dollars you moron

>tfw you like Google and the warm embrace of the botnet even though you're fully aware of privacy issues and are repulsed by them
It's kind of like a diagnosed diabetic stuffing their face with donuts.

nah it's more like accepting that you can't stop technology you can only adapt and guide it. Stop being a luddite

>Stop being a luddite
But I use and enjoy most if not all of Google's services. That was the point of my post. I use gmail as my main inbox (I use other email services but they all go to my gmail), Google Calendar to manage my schedule, an unrooted Nexus device, and of course Google Search. The main exceptions are I use Microsoft OneDrive because I get a free terabyte through my university, although I still use google Drive for personal files, and I use OneNote (and MS Office in general) because it's actually quite good and Keep is a piece of shit.

I'd honestly be fucking pissed if Google went under. I doubt I'll ever find a more convenient and useful suite of technology services. That said I'm conscience of my privacy, but it's just too convenient not to use. I compensate my not entering anything I dwouldn't be ok with the world knowing about.

I also wouldn't mind if their ad business tanked and they started charging for everything. I'd easily make that trade.

This. The only way to win is to blend in .

What do you think the people who buy that data use it for?

Yeah I misread, I just think privacy advocates are just unrealistic a lot of times and the only constructive path is guidance not anticapitalism

advertising and r&d choices

Except diabetics can just take insulin whereas your anal reaming lacks recourse.

I did read spiking your blood sugar and slamming insulin to compensate is a valid diabetes management plan.

you probably can't afford to short desu

stop posting on Sup Forums, only lurk.
Do it like me: Block google and gstatic in firefox with ublock, umatrix and noscript. Post only when absoluletly necessary by temporarily opening the website in chromium.use legacy captcha. Or just boycott posting on here comletetly.

just buy a pass fucking poorfag

That's not GNU/Linux.

They're almost as untouchable as IBM was 50 years ago.

yeah but it's funnier to say ball sack than ovaries

become the unabomber

If we all kill ourselves, Google will have nothing.

Progressive tax on the cor-- oh wait, Republicans exist.

chrome for a very long time had such a limited API that adblock wouldn't work properly on it

Why? :3

Or guys are more comfortable talking about male genitalia instead of female.

Stop looking so far into everything. It's 2017, no one actually cares what gender you are until you try make a big deal about it.

Why not use tor or ungoogled chromium?

That's easy - get rid of net neutrality. Once companies can buy the traffic they want directly from ISPs, Google is toast. Your ISP will collect the data Google currently collects, they'll funnel traffic for money and they won't even have to show you nearly as much advertising to get phat stacks off you because you'll be paying them to track everything you do and relatively few sites will be able to afford their advertising costs.

External genitalia are inherently more amusing than internal genitalia.

But Google is good ;)

m e s h n e t

Apple is still arounf

This is why you buy the iPhone instead of poodroid.

They wont let it fail, theyll save it with state money so it can grow to be an even bigger threat. All under the guise of progressive interconnected society. They couldnt pull their weight without big interests pumping them

(((Alphabet))) is an unkillable moloch by now, good luck trying though.

Stop using them

There is a better alternative to every google service except the search engine
startpage just isn't quite as specific I find

It's too late.

reminds me of that south park episode where they commence mass suicide

>better alternative to every google service
[citation needed]

>selling data
>as if they wanna kill their only profit
No, they don't, you gave them ads and they, Google, will make it appear to targets. No way they would be selling their data about you to any company.

dirty data.

do not stop using their service in brace them,and muddy their data.
Google is based on collecting our data and monetizing it. Creating false data, means that they can no longer target demographics etc

any suggestions on doing this?

I know there was a browser extension that performed random searches at random intervals

search in google how.

duckduckgo.com/?q=How do we kill Google?&t=ffcm&ia=web

Jokes on you, I deleted my Google account years ago and switched to DDG. Fuck Jewgle (and by extension, Android).

Easy, just nuke Silicon Valley

buy apple

Apple has enough money to buy everyone else.

Speaking of Google, how do I escape their botnet? I don't trust duckduckgo etc because they all use Google's search. Is searx the best open source search engine? It seems to work fairly well but is very slow.