Don't worry we except all wavelengths here

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (Why is this in here twice? lol)
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (Is this guy just sitting on his ass? Its been what 4 or 5 months?)

Previous thread: (nice dubs)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129006
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2167
1upkeyboards.com/qfr-frosty-flake-controller.html
bathroomepiphanies.com/store/
smile.amazon.com/AUKEY-Mechanical-Keyboard-LED-Backlit-Customizable/dp/B01NCWZ8QR/
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=15&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
youtube.com/user/TheTechIntake
youtube.com/user/RhinoFeed/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=RijB8wnJCN0
youtube.com/channel/UCubARa-8i4hk5w8X6wsremA
aliexpress.com/store/product/double-shot-pbt-keycap-cherry-profile-rainbow-cap-for-mx-usb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-5-5/2230037_32799680240.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/Mechanical-keyboard-pbt-keyboarded-a-large-black-keyboard-keyboarded/2230037_32740037614.html
amazon.com/E-Element-Mechanical-Water-Resistant-Swappable-Anti-Ghosting/dp/B01K3Y04N0
amazon.com/Team-Wolf-Swappable-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01E2UPS64
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've had

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129006

for a few years now. It still functions pretty alright.

Is it considered to be an acceptable keyboard?

Its a rebranded Filco, which means you can replace the controller to make it programmable.
You have two options. Either the Frosty Flake, or the Voice of Reason

>Budget
Up to $300

>Location
USA

>Preferred switch type
What's best for typing. I'd like buckling spring, but I hear that Unicomp has poor QA. So I guess greens.

>Layout
ANSI

>Form Factor
Full, or TKL. Either is fine. TKL would probably be best.

>Backlight
Is there one best for night typing, like f.lux, but for keyboards? If no, then no backlight.

>Current keyboard
Whatever chiclet keyboard is on this laptop.

I also prefer PBT keys.

Don't fall for the K70 RGB meme. It's a waste of money. I had at least 1 dozen LEDs go bad on me. Corsair told me to send it back to them to be replaced. I had to pay for shipping to send it back and now they are telling me they won't accept it and want me to pay for it to be shipped back to me.
Their reason for not accepting is "NO/MISSING WARRANTY SERIAL LABEL". However, I have not removed anything from my keyboard, incurred physical damage to it, or modified it in any way. The only possible way it could be missing a serial label is if they failed to put it there in the first place. Fuck Corsair. I will never purchase anything with their brand name on it again.

Pic related: It's my $150 paperweight I'm letting Corsair throw away for me

Don't fall for the meme!

Programmable? Why?

It functions as a keyboard, is there something wrong with that?

Not trying to intentionally sound like an idiot here when I ask this.

want to go for the topre meme? you can get a realforce or a topre leopold for that price. they both come with PBT keycaps.
otherwise, something with cherry clears is nice for typing but they're harder to find than the usual cherry switches.

with a fully programmable keyboard there's a lot of potential for rebinding keys, such as moving escape to caps lock (for vim), etc. You don't have to rely on software like autohotkey.

To do whatever you want. My keyboard is already programmable so I set a function layer to have a numpad that I can use for alt codes, despite being a TKL. I also made it so that the F keys are actually dedicated media keys. If for some reason I need them I can quickly switch the layer. I also have a few macros set for trading in mmos on that layer. It makes trading a whole lot easier.

Alright then. What is this supposed controller then?

Ducky One with PBT keycaps
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2167
The one with white and grey keycaps is out of stock. I have one and the PBT keycaps are nice and thicc.
I also have a model M and I enjoy typing on it much more then the Ducky.

>Don't worry we except all wavelengths here
>except

Fuck OP, that id embaressing.

I told you that there are two options
These are the first two search results in google for them:
1upkeyboards.com/qfr-frosty-flake-controller.html
bathroomepiphanies.com/store/

Oh, weird.

Okay guess I'll be researching stuff tonight. Thanks user.

when will other manufactures be able to use nature whites?

I recently tested out a Logitech G413 (pretty sure it was this one) at a store. Man it's been awhile using a mechanical keyboard that feels like that, feels great. Can any other anons that have/had it confirm the weight of it, light/rather heavy? Also the second USB is only for the USB bypass, it's not required to just use the keyboard itself right?

smile.amazon.com/AUKEY-Mechanical-Keyboard-LED-Backlit-Customizable/dp/B01NCWZ8QR/

For 30.39. Yes or no? How bad are Outemu compared to Cherry MX?

tada force 68 with imperial porcelain from massdrop

I'm actually impressed at how fucking ugly you've managed to make that keyboard.

Bravo.

there are threads on deskthority and geekhack going in depth about them. Just google costar replacement controllers

Fucking christ that's hideous.

they already are
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=15&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

Nth for 75%

The LEDs ruin it.

The keys were pretty bad but if you replaced the black plastic outside case of the keyboard as well with another you could've stayed on theme.

But then the LEDs? Just. God. It's ugly. So ugly. Not the good kind of ugly either that's aesthetic, that's just non-ironically ugly.

Thoughts on the k-type?

Why would they want to when RGB blacks are the same thing

Anyone?

they fixed the LEDs in the LUX versions

Just bought this for $99 on massdrop.
Did I do good?

>Tai-Lamo keycaps
Well they're better then razer, but thats not a high bar

you did bad lad

buy the ikbc instead

fuck

A Ducky would cost the same while being a 100 times better.

Need a RGB 75% cherry mx silver keyboard.

No such thing, unless if you custom build it.

where you get those keycaps from?

idk, i just really likes the aesthetics on this one. Been on the fence for a while. First mech kb.

hi mkg. . . .

what would compel someone to do this?

That wrist rest looks super gross, if you're gonna get a wood one at least get one that's all wood, not half plastic resin.

It just looks generally uncomfortable tbhimofamalamadingdong

Wait till you see the picture that Massdropped into my inbox. Putting this many memes into one picture shouldn't be possible.

>no fidget spinner

fuckinh casual

This looks like me mom's dinner plates

>$200
>kailh
>shitty ass keycaps

No thanks. I do like USB-C and the case though.

But it does have that spin station along with four """EDC""" 'tism tops so you can have Beyblade duels with three other Redditors at McDonalds.

wtf not getting year-old mtg booster boxes
you gay bro

Bought a GK64 from Taobao, should have shipped to my proxy today. Looking forward to this.

I spent too much on overstock Alpha Industries jackets.

fell for this meme
binned it tbqh

Link?

I want one.

Needs a film camera, with stupid expensive Japan only imported film.

It was very warm, but also very out-of-season.

you got an N3B? how's the construction? thought about getting one but ended up just getting a military surplus ECWCS jacket instead

what do you guys think about a liquid scale kobo case on a majestouch tkl? I might snag this and put thicc grey pbt caps on it.

That looks retarded.

damn I'm trying to think of a sleek gray/black case because anything else would stand out way too much on my desk.

Construction's pretty good other than the zipper. (Gets stuck a few places, not YKK at the full price they ask, not double zipper) Can't really complain though for $70.

yeah that's not bad; my jacket is pretty ugly but it's like wearing a furnace when it's 15 below lol

Look for a high end black aluminum case. Might have to wait for a groupbuy. Check out the custom Novatouch case for examples.

I want a black L-2B.

Someday....

200 bucks is pretty steep especially for an mx board mod

just get a Baracuta G9 or maybe a Scottish Drizzler; cuz we're about to hit peak Alpha

What's Alpha Industries?

On second thought don't tell me, I don't need more shit to spend money on.

>What's Alpha Industries?
a passing fad, tbqh

the switches are designed by some guy, and manufactured by kailh

they are also swappable

Yeah and I can swap an LS into a C3 Corvette but that doesn't make the stock 350 not absolute garbage.

youtube.com/user/TheTechIntake
youtube.com/user/RhinoFeed/videos

Any /mkg/ anons watch these two ?

RGBTQ+
can go fucking die
>backlight my ass

Is pok3r worth the money? Looking to buy one but is there any good alternative

pok3r is the best prebuilt 60% keyboard there is

(checked)
Please post more hmm.png

i am thinking of getting a tkl.
nav-less CM pro M
Ducky
Leopold 750R
or the more expensive filco
I want something low-key but will not look bad if i put custom keycaps on it, the CM pro M i can imagine it looking shit with custom keycaps

Thank you kind sir

>i am thinking of getting a tkl.

seriously though

1. why are you comparing switches to car engines?
2. this is a new switch
3. reviews of the switch so far has been good despite kailh's bad reputation
4. you've never tried the switch so how would you know if it's garbage?

>Budget
$150
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
I've never owned a mechanical keyboard, but it's mainly for gaming. Red? Brown...?
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
don't care either way, never use it
>Previous/current keyboards
membrane shit

Life is pain. Please help me find a keyboard.

youtube.com/watch?v=RijB8wnJCN0

just get a corsair k65/70

I like small channels with lots of videos.
youtube.com/channel/UCubARa-8i4hk5w8X6wsremA

why does he list his videos as comedy?

I have a Ducky TLK with reds, it's a nice fit because of limited desk space. Great build quality apart from the standard keycaps (laser etched ABS). Would definitely get another Ducky when the time comes.

Anyone got experience with these? thinking about getting one.

see this opinion

I actually like the resin part cause it would go well with my transparent acryl case

wish I could get a fully transparent wrist rest desu but the jelly keys ones aren't available anywhere

i suggest you consult /chinkshit/

>corsair

the old k70 models had the LED defect

the LUX models have supposedly fixed the issue

Also the poster said he didnt care about backlighting

yeah that's good. you can get thick PBT keycaps and it'll be really solid

they're memeing you. you almost certainly don't need it to be programmable. just use autohotkey

aliexpress.com/store/product/double-shot-pbt-keycap-cherry-profile-rainbow-cap-for-mx-usb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-5-5/2230037_32799680240.html

aliexpress.com/store/product/Mechanical-keyboard-pbt-keyboarded-a-large-black-keyboard-keyboarded/2230037_32740037614.html

the reason they're kailh is because kailh makes the hotswappable socket thing but being able to swap the switches isn't all that special in and of itself. and i don't think they're "designed by some guy" they're just kailh switches with light pipes because of the way the LEDs are mounted with the hotswap system.

amazon.com/E-Element-Mechanical-Water-Resistant-Swappable-Anti-Ghosting/dp/B01K3Y04N0
amazon.com/Team-Wolf-Swappable-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01E2UPS64

>100%
reconsider

but i guess some ~$100 chink board with gateron brown switches and ~$50 thick PBT keycaps