Hi Sup Forums, as I enter month 3 of unemployment. I'm forced to ask: what's a good job board for tech?

Hi Sup Forums, as I enter month 3 of unemployment. I'm forced to ask: what's a good job board for tech?

I've been using indeed.com and Dice, and so far I've only landed 4 on sites in the past 3 months.

The fuck am I doing wrong?

3 years of Python experience if your curious

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=urY33QxtDWQ
remoteok.io/
weworkremotely.com
jobspresso.co
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14238007
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14238005
z.cash.foundation//about/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Legit dude, data entry is where it is at.

Stupid companies pay out of the ass where I am for data entry. I get paid $29 an hour to do data entry. It's comfy as fuck.

Nobody hires off of job sites any more. Most of what you find on Indeed is a scam to get your info or a fake posting being used to justify an H1-B hire.

If you're trying to break into Tech from the outside your best bet is nepotism or talking to a tech recruiter.

>your best bet is nepotism

This, OP. It's really simple.

Go get someone you know to give you a job. If that doesn't work, go pretend to be someone else's son and have them give you a job.

lol

become a NEET.

submit your application in this thread. I'll look it over for you.

If it was at least $35/hr I'd consider it... but rent is about 2k a month in SF

already used my nepotism credit for an interview... why the fuck is there so many coders now... it wasn't this hard when I got started in tech and sure was hell wasn't that hard last year

I can't be a NEET, got too many people to prove wrong to become that for now.

>SF
move elsewhere dude, you're competing with all kinds of genius from every corner of the world

Shit are you me? Im at about the same boat. but with ~3 years of C++ XP. I guess it's the wrong middle ground between junior and mid-senior level.

I've been getting hits from meta-recruiters like Underdog, A-List & Hired. Or do hackerrank puzzles until you get a callback.

ok calm down naruto

>I get paid $29 an hour to do data entry. It's comfy as fuck.
Let me guess, you work for a government doing work that requires a security clearance right?

> but rent is about 2k a month in SF
> why the fuck is there so many coders now

Found your problem. Every faggot with sublime text and a macbook goes to SF to try to strike it rich. Leave that AIDS-ridden backward communist shithole and go find a job in the mountain west, the interior plains, or the midwest.

I promise you you'll find a job easier and live better on $70k in a place like Columbus OH or Oklahoma City than you would on $120k in San Francisco.

>Every faggot with sublime text and a macbook goes to SF to try to strike it rich.

So it's some sort of new "gold rush"?

>tfw "muh code rush"

I know, but literally everything is stable for me here, rent is locked at a reasonable 2k, good gym, safeway and target in walking distance, know a great bar tender serving great german beer. I just need to get a job really... done it twice so far. I nail the tech stuff. It's just age-ism and affirmative action keeping me out of it.

We'll make it...

>age-ism
How old are you?

>affirmative action
AKA "virtue signalling"

You can get a room in SF for less than $1k if you're willing to lower your standards.

If you are older than 25 no one will hire you for non-senior level work in the tech field.

Were you recently laid off? Don't you have contacts?

>age-ism

>user turns 15
>"Sorry user you are to young for a job, come back when you're grown up."
>user turns 20
>"Well user, you are still too young and inexperienced for an intellectual job, so all you can do is physical labor for now. Come back when you have a degree and more experience."
>user turns 25
>"Nice user, you have graduated and now you can work with us. But, keep in mind that you're STILL young and inexperienced, so the salary won't be very high."
>user turns 30
>"I'm sorry user, but you're too superannuated now for our young and dynamic team, and we must part ways. Thanks and best of luck to you, bye."

>Nobody hires off of job sites any more.

But that's wrong. I got my current dev job from craigslist. No nepotism, no knowing someone inside the company, no gazillion linkedin connections.

Midwest here #licensetoILL.

The prices I see out there in fag land is hilarious to me. My mortgage is only $325 and that includes property tax.

Train as a mechanic?
I am a diesel mechanic getting $87k+ (+$15k annually, killing feral swine in my spare time) a year in Texas.

Is that indeed so? If so, what are the career options for a person older than 30, or even 40, who had been focused on the tech industry? How are they supposed to reach retirement if 25 is "too old" for junior positions, and 30-35 is "too old" for anything really unless you somehow got promoted to at least lower-middle management?

>killing feral swine

Why? Feral swine killed some islamists in the Middle East recently.

>B8u no oteri wa doko desu ka?
Feral swine wreck environmental and economic havoc on private property, ranches and farms.

Lol don't listen to that guy, it's normally guys who are 21-25 trying to hold on to their idea of youth who make those comments, 30-40 isn't old. Go for any position you think you are qualified for.

fucking kek

So age 25-30 for employees is like the optimal RPM range for a race car engine where it outputs most power, and just as a racecar driver is trying to keep RPM within this optimal range whenever possible, employers are trying to keep the bulk of the workforce in the age range 25-30? If so, then what about 's concernes? Obviously a tiny minority gets promoted to management, what with the rest?

Not that they killed them intentionally though. A bunch of ISIS sandniggers basically got cought in a stampede of a large group of wild boar. But yea, killed by swine one way or another was one of the worst deaths for them.

How about capturing them instead and once you have MANY MANY MANY ship them to the middle east and deploy them there.
youtube.com/watch?v=urY33QxtDWQ

This, OP. Move to Missouri, we're in the middle of a tech boom.

I've burnt out on craigslist,

once my savings run out then I'll move back to my parents and apply anywhere. Any tips on where to apply or how to get a job w/ relocation help?

I'm about had it with this city anywayz

Move and don't burn your savings, stop being silly. You can move again later. You should move where it's cheaper to survive to build savings for your inevitable career change, old man.

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

I know no one else outside of California is the thing, all my family and friends are here.

Then again, not like I hang out with those people anymore...

At the end of the day, I'd like to work somewhere where I don't have to drive - or have a 2 hour commute. That really just means working at cities... and I feel like it'll be the same situation in Austin or New York.

Thoughts?

>using XP in 2017
No wonder nobody wants you.

Move to Denver and visit user,
>Weed
>Growing tech market
>Thin atmosphere
>Everyone is obsessed with health
Best city in the world

Look for Google search for local contractor companies and see if they know of any openings. It is literally their job to find tech people jobs so they can earn a commission of you getting hired. Also try big name ones like Robert Half technology.

Look for localling tech meetups related to your code language of choice, devops, aws, web development, whatever. Lots of people go to these and they may know of companies hiring.

You're 28 and you say you suffer from ageism when looking for work? They how old are you supposed to be to work in tech these days? 22?

Check GovernmentJobs too. Posting from a comfy support job I found there.

Not him but here in atlantic Canada it seems like you need to be 18 with 20 years experience to get a job cleaning toilets

Guys I need quick advice. How much would a 6/10 to 7/10 unity/unreal developer get in Cali?
Are there such jobs in there?

Don't do this

yes

>he wants to become a wagecuck

>SF
>jobless for months
>getting fuck all responses from Indeed
>won't take a job under 70k because reasons
Are you me OP? Wanna hang out? As long as you're not a Pajeet. I'm East Bay though.

Ubisoft is at my backyard (San Francisco), they seem to always be hiring, but they never get back to any of my applications...

Salary wise - 75kish.

I've interviewed with Unity recently (no offer since you require more experience), people I talked too were great, and the offer was 80-100k range. Although I swear I was about to storm out of that interview when my soon to be manager drew a system diagram with the users connected to the database which was connected to the backend server... I pointed that out and they defended it... (later interviews confirmed, no that wasn't how it worked)

Caljobs is full of Cybercoders(tm) job phishing... I refuse to code for $25/hr with a 2 hour commute to San Jose

bump :)

become a NEET who trades penny stocks and trades in BTC.

I just bought a new Ryzen5 system with this months earnings

teach me your ways... I have 5k ready to invest

>your best bet is nepotism
Fuck. So much this.

>hired in the UK
>CTO is the perfect definition of an idiot who builds computers to feel l33t
>his dad "sold him" his shares of the company
FF
>C++ job at intel
>Managed projects across two continent in three countries
>Plethora of technologies and languages with proven track
>Handled shareholders virtually since I left Uni
>Didn't even make it to the technical interview.

Fuck this gay earth

Not that user but
>open anonymous btc account at simplefx
>trade btc
>get credit cards from spectrocoin to spend your illegal money
>trade more and develop your own systems since you know how to program already

OP, move to the midwest. I'm in Kansas currently, just graduated, and have had several tech related job offers.

Thant being said, I really hope people dont catch on as to whats going on here. They can keep the "code rush" on the west coast.

>job board

This whole thread is a pile of trash.

Use these:
remoteok.io/
weworkremotely.com
jobspresso.co

Post yourself here too: news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14238007

Also look through the hacker news monthly hiring post here news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14238005

For python faggotry, Khan Academy and Edx.org both hire remote python/django programmers.

Forget bitcoin buy Zcash, the people responsible for it are actually competent cryptographers z.cash.foundation//about/

Same here friendo. I couldn't work if I wanted to. 2.5 months in. All I got was calls from recruiters and consultant companies willing to pay 50k for jr. positions when just a year ago these kinds of positions would pay over 70k in my area

What exactly is data entry? Just filling in excel spreadsheets?

What can I look for in an interview to know if I will get an offer or not? I have had a few which have said the "we'll get back to you in about a week" and it never happens even though I do the interview fairly well

It's impossible to know.

They could have really liked you and thought you're the one, but they interview the next guy and like that guy even more.

This, what the hell do you do?