Opus or AAC?

Opus or AAC?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.xiph.org/OpusFAQ#How_do_I_use_44.1_kHz_or_some_other_sampling_rate_not_directly_supported_by_Opus.3F
wiki.xiph.org/OpusFAQ#But_won.27t_the_resampler_hurt_the_quality.3F_Isn.27t_it_better_to_use_44.1_kHz_directly.3F
nigelcoldwell.co.uk/audio/
listening-test.coresv.net/results.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

MP3

Technically superior and free format or proprietary garbage?
Really jogs the old nog.

Compatibility isn't a problem anymore. Here we're talking about quality in a reduced size. I can't carry FLAC everywhere.

If I recall correctly Opus don't support 44.1KHz natively.

Literally who gives a fuck?
wiki.xiph.org/OpusFAQ#How_do_I_use_44.1_kHz_or_some_other_sampling_rate_not_directly_supported_by_Opus.3F
wiki.xiph.org/OpusFAQ#But_won.27t_the_resampler_hurt_the_quality.3F_Isn.27t_it_better_to_use_44.1_kHz_directly.3F

ogg

192kbps MP3

Audiophiles need the 44.1khz to play their 50,000 Kbps uncompressed Kanye West songs

Well, MP3 VBR

+ sizes

48kHz is "superior" (not really) to 44.1kHz you know. As the Opus wiki says, if the very tiny loss of quality that resampling has is too much for you, you have no business using a lossy codec in the first place.

>outlaw audio types
all are the jannetty to MP3's Shawn

>No icon for FLAC files.
>WMP icon for mp3 files.

It's Firefox

Right, a spectrogram is a total indicator of audio quality.

It's an indicator of how little quality it lost relative to size loss.

o fuck. Allow me to commit sudoku.

Am I the only fag who notice the lack of information/distortion in the vibrations of my furniture?

You're fucking stupid, and clearly don't understand the reason why people sometimes look at spectrograms.
You're just as fucking retarded about mpv and other video players. You should stop posting; you're embarrassing yourself.

>ass blasted MemePlayerVideo user detected

ogg if you want loss flac if you want non-lossy format.also ogg sounds much better even at lower bitrates.try comparing for example the 220kb ogg with the 222kb mp3.the difference is mind blowing.USE HEADPHONES

nigelcoldwell.co.uk/audio/

aac is compatible with basically anything; but really nothing matters and the size/quality thing is unimportant. i prefer uncompressed aiff
>some autistic shit by freetards or quality thing by known companies like bell labs, fraunhofer and dolby what withstood the test of time

OGG for compressed

FLAC for lossless

ALAC for homosexuals

listening-test.coresv.net/results.htm
Dumbass cuck.

Dumbass.
mp3 320/V0 will btfo opus 96k.

Wow, a codec with 3 times the bitrate beats a different codec!
What the fucking surprise!

Almost all audio file sharing is done in either mp3 or FLAC.
For archiving: use FLAC
For listening with quality equipment: use mp3 320kbps (or if you are audiophile, use FLAC, but I urge you to do a blind test urself and test if you can even spot which file you are listening to, most people could not differentiate between a 320kbps mp3 and an uncompressed format).
For mobile: Use mp3 128kbps

Wow, in 2017 size doesnt matter!

Yes it does. Opus was originally designed for streaming usage.
Websites want to reduce their bandwidth as much as possible, and considering a lot of you burgercucks are now getting internet data caps, size is even more important.
Also, Opus has a low algorithmic delay. It absolutely shits over everything else in latency sensitive applications.

What about WAV or AIFF, aren't those better than FLAC?

Both WAV, AIFF and FLAC are lossless formats, meaning they sound exactly as the original. From these formats FLAC is the smallest in size (also the generally accepted and used format).

>data caps
This I will say T-Mobile has your back when it comes to their Music Freedom and all.

>meaning they sound exactly as the original
Really, even if the size has been reduced?

but nothing supports opus so it wont be streamed! and again, the difference is minor. about 30% between 96k opus and v2 mp3. effectively a few megabytes so it does not matter. while it has low delay, for these applications people will still use amr/speex/whatever because it just works and just worked for ages.

Size does not equals quality. FLAC is a compressed lossless audio stream, WAV is uncompressed lossless audio stream.

>but nothing supports opus
Opus is a feature required to be implemented for WebRTC.
Opus is used in conjunction with VP9 for WebM.
Most VOIP programs use Opus.

>For archiving: use FLAC
Not APE?

Nobody uses that shit. While having a very slight better compression ratio than FLAC, the computational requirements are much higher.

I didn't even noticed it. You know, I can't imagine modern computers having problems with that.