Why are normies in love with RGB?

Why are normies in love with RGB?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mItGNNPclvE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retr0bright
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Matches their rainbow dragon dildo and chastity cage.

Why are you?

I'm not. I have my PC in a cupboard, I only look at it when I have to insert my penis or flash drive into it

I can understand the RGB appeal, but this is getting out of hand. RGB mobos and ram?
What's worse is that you can't even find an enthusiast mobo without some kind of led lighting.

If all of those were the light blue to match that first one, it'd look pretty cool. I'd never buy it because I'm cheap, but looks are a factor for some people.

RGB is a great exuse for manufacturers to rise the prices and stop producing non RGB stuff so you have no alternative and stuck buying more expensive shit that you don't wont

SSD RGB when?

That memory is sick though. It does 4266mhz

RGB makes color matching components easier if you want the interiors to look coherent without limiting your purchase options too much. Other than that I don't see too much point in them.

Are you stuck in the fifties, dude? It's called RGBTQ+ now.

Why do normies love RGB? Why do they love Beats? Why iPhones? Why rap/rock music? Why are they so fickle in emotion? Why don't they think things through? Why are they so impatient? Why do they not know?

Because normal people are superficial and they can only see superficial things as "good." They cannot see things beyond their "normal vision".

I think they'd look nice if it was just coloured plastic or whatever they make ram out of. That blue is a nice colour.

>transdiode is now a thing
>that retarded red led who thinks he's blue
>he got a fucking therapy, now he's purple but that's ok, it's close enough

actually it's a fucking good analogy.

>purple is actually the furthest away from red in wavelength

Ambient lighting feels good man. Glowing ram is a shitty way to do it but you only notice that after you buy it.

>tfw you plug in your mobo and wonder what all those lights are
>Bought a mobo with RGB lighting without realizing it

Thank god I have a closed case with no windows.

I am semi normie and i can confirm if i was building pc now, i wouldnt even consider buying non rgb ram.

But the real question remains:
Where are rgb cpu coolers, hdds, ssds and cables? Why arent they norm yet?

>why
BECAUSE IT SHINES! Thats why.

People like LED.

And manufacturers like people that like LED because this shit is so easy to add overall and you can seriously raise prices because of these simple components.

youtube.com/watch?v=mItGNNPclvE

CMYK/LAB don't work as well if light up. Next.

Gay pride

>rgb ram
>rgb cpu cooler
Nzxt kraken
>rgb ssd
New series crucial
>rgb cables
Have been a thing for decades actually, you cover your house in them during Christmas

>ricer faggots taint everything with their DARK AS MUH SOUL faggotry

Now I don't wonder why normalkeks want some colors in their computers.

I still don't understand why people care what a computer looks like. It's literally a computer. A box of electrical components that lives under my desk.

RGB PSU

RGB SSD covers

RGB chair (sponsored by honorary Sup Forums spokeperson Linux Tech Tips)

RGB monitor, its even 4k!

>color matching components
For what purpose

RGB headset too

RGB mouse pad. This shit is like if dubstep took physical form.

Even beer glasses are RGB.

>What's worse is that you can't even find an enthusiast mobo without some kind of led lighting.
but are you not being just as bad as the people drooling over LEDs if you autistically care? Like I can get feeling resigned, but there are people on Sup Forums who flat out refuse to buy something because it looks "gaymur

RGB is the physical manifestation of cancer.
It poisons everything it touches

>interiors to look
>interiors
>look

Found your problem.

I think they could look good if used for ambient lighting (a la Philips Hue) with a single colour that you choose to set the mood or something like that, but every time I see them they're used with stupid rainbow configurations that glow, blink and change colours like a children's toy.

If used tastefully it can look good and non-gamer-like.

Pic semi-related. Can't find one that looks classy, so here's one that at least doesn't look too childish.

>meme clock
>meme wallpaper
>meme headphone stand
disgusting

Doesn't matter. The point is that the lighting doesn't look like a dubstep music video.

Another more fitting example

emotions evoke feelings
translated into color
transliteration of binary into a wider spectrum
marketed self-identification
mildy psychotropic
boost the void
special refuge

Bright multicolors = fast, the same way neon lights on a car's undercarriage = fast, ten years ago

I wouldn't mind if it meant lower margins for the brands, but let's face it, instead they use it to bump their margin for a feature that I'm not interested in. So not really.

this basically. I guess RBG is still somehow a show of modern or expensive hardware, which implies that it's good and fast

>the fastest speed is the speed of light
>more lights = more speed
its so fucking obvious

This looks like a normal ass living room, I don't understand why you're trying to pass this off as "classy".

it looks like the future

typed on my 60 dollar chink knock off blue switch rgb mechanical keyboard

Never said it looked classy.
Just that the lighting is used as ambience light instead of looking like a toy with blinking lights and rainbow bullshit lie pic related.

shining angels
colliding in ashes
seen through scars
cyclic torture
swallowing dust that sets cells free
mouth as battery, locked on one impulse
trapped in a body
my own betrayer

Normies have shit taste in everything

Normies have shit taste in everything

The leds (normal or rgb), from keyboards, mouses, headphones, fans and this shit ... They're going to die in a certain time, right? How long do they have to live? What devices between these usually last longer?
Anyone know this?

I think some market testers got some odd results on how to sell tech to 18-25 demographic and came up with colored lights = sales. It doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense, it only matters that it shifts more product.

they're gay.

anyone who has RGB in their devices is gay.

And only led?

Chris stapleton is good tho

Why are you looking inside your computer?
Look at the screen instead you muppet.

What normies do you know that have rfb ram? Most my normie friends dont even have a desktop computer

We have to go back.
Someone build a time machine and stop this shit.

I'm legit confused by the RGB for use as a rainbow thing. The original appeal of RGB was the ability to match everything together to look cohesive without the manufacturer of whatever you are buying having to make specific version of it for every color. Now people think the rainbow thing doesn't look like dog shit for some reason. They used to only advertise things that way for demonstration purposes.

I don't know anyone who actually uses rainbow colors, they usually just set it to red or blue.

>i hate it cause it popular
>the popular kids bullied me in high school so now i hate everything thats popular

the real question is why does RGB get so much hate? its not like thats the only option you have. and arent most "enthusiast" PC's filled with RGB's? if anything, normies are learning from enthusiast.

Colors :3

We need to go back to that beige/opal colour they had in the 90s. That stuff is way better looking aesthetically imo.

Because they can afford it unlike OP

Happened to me too.

Board lit up like a gay disco.

maybe in pictures, but it looks pretty shitty in person. then they start turning yellowish after a while

keyboard leds will stay forever because backlighting
whether rgb or white
I don't need them, and for mechancals it doesn't seem to effect the price aside from rgb models, normal backlights sometimes are cheaper.

that's because of bad plastics
we can do it but better now
also I like the yellowing, gives it character

>disgusting white or beige
>somehow better than RGB

Yea nah. 90s PCs were hideous and I'm glad we made the move to different looks. I hate RGB as much as anyone ITT, but the various black boxes available today completely shit in 90s tier cases both aesthetically and functionality wise. Fractal Design R5 with no window for life.

>the move to different looks

You mean a move to same exact looks.

It only yellows if you take shitty care of it. High exposure to UV makes it do that generally. In person the beige is one of the best looking colours, I think.

90s PCs look amazing to me and I am fond of the beige and white. I guess im just a retro fag who appreciates that sort of stuff.

Pic related: God-tier beige 90s aesthetic

Though I was the only one. Bought the Asus ROG X370 board. Before that I owned an LGA-1150 board also Asus ROG line. Figured I just had to put up with red/black edgy looks. Boot it up and there are LEDs everywhere. Thankfully also a windowless case.
Not really. I mean there were enthusiast board that had RGB of course, but looking back, RGB wasn't nearly as wide spread as it is now. I buy "enthusiast" boards because of their features such as number of SATA ports, power phases and VRM cooling, overclocking capability and BIOS features. Not for the RGB nonsense. I mean it is possible to be turned off of course, but why am I being charged the premium for it if it's fucking useless to me?

underated

>matching colors
>in a computer you won't ever look inside
what a faggot

>then they start turning yellowish after a while
Only if you put them in direct sunlight or smoke indoors.
I had old 90s shitboxes that were still a nice pearl white when i got rid of them a few years back.

I meant more so color availability as opposed to shape or layout of course.

A E S T H E T I C

wew thats pretty nice.

Was kind of pissed about this when I bought my X370 board. I found that the Asus PRIME X370-Pro is the least obnoxious.

The yellowing is just the sweating of flame-retardant bromide. It's reversible.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retr0bright

Because they haven't learned what dust is.

Not everything was beige. There was colour availability back then, its just that beige was more common back then.

They look good

sir, I'll have to ask you for the source on this

Why are neckbeards so upset when someone likes things that they don't ? is that the only moment when they get out of their autism?

I don't know whats the problem with RGB. If you don't like it you can just turn it off. Otherwise its nice to have if you own a windowed case.

I wouldn't buy a 700+ € GPU without RGB anymore, its a premium feature that I expect from high-end premium components. I'll also buy RGB RAM somewhen if the prices drop.

iphones are redpilled tho

Underrated post

A premium feature that is useless and serves nothing more but making everything more expensive.

I have nothing against it being an additional feature,
it's okay if people who want rgb receive it, but why make everything high end with it?
Just make it optional, a version with rgb and without but cheaper.

The way it is today is completely retarded

ez way to charge a $40 idiot premium

if you NEED a night light, get plain parts (black/white) and light your case. it looks far better.

>When your motherboard is all shiney but every thing else is drab and you lock it all away in a windowless case

fpbp

Wtf i hate RGB now

People care about aesthetics you nigger.