Do you live in a old/historical place Sup Forums?

Do you live in a old/historical place Sup Forums?

What's it's story?

I live in a neighbourhood consisting of a few new blocks with underground garages/fountains that are build between Prussian dragoon barracks that were changed into lofts, shops and caffes.

Btw. New worlders need not apply.

>his country is so shit he has to live on history

History is a beautiful thing. Australia might have some IF it survives at least 500 more years.

No, I live in city of different types of ---blocks and russian version of suburbs.

Is there a city in Russia, other then Petersburg, that has a historical center? I've been only to Petersburg and Moscow so I can't tell.

kinda, we have some jesuitics and colonial buildings, like this cathedral built in the 17th century, not much more.

Vyborg

But do you live in them? Are the areas large enough to be called neighbourhoods? Or are they just tourist spots, few buidlings to make pics of and visit?

Kazan, not big though

Yeah it seems Kazań meets the requirements.

Kolomna

>Are the areas large enough to be called neighbourhoods?
it's a 4 million people province, my city have 2 million, so we have several neighborhoods, te historic parts are in the downtown or outside the capital, most of them are churches so we can't live in them, but there are some really old houses and recidences mized with the modern buildings

Vladimir

Yaroslavl (not big though again)

this was built in 1671 and rebuilt in 1944, it's 28 km long and it's in the middle of the city

Forgot pic
Any city old enough has historical center though, the problem is its size and maintainance.

Dosn't seem like there's enough historical buidlings.
Don't get me wrong it's big, and all but not historical enough.

Not a russin city

I live in the first European settlement in North America and no it's not st Augustine and if you say "hurr Vinland" frick off

Think we were founded in the 1540s

When I was there I only saw russian flags :^)

Its under illegal occupation!

That's old enough. Post pics.

Well both Finnish and Swedish states recognize it as russian.

I live next to a roman via.

I live in a commieblock neighborhood of Wrocław. Festung Breslau razed the old district to the ground - the only buildings that have made it through the war are two townhouses and a bunker.

Pics. Pics. Pics.

It's ogre. WW2 destroyed so much beauty.

btw. here's how the dragoon barrack buldings look like.

Antigua Guatemala, used to be the capital of Central America and a part of Mexico.

I did some goolgle research. A very specific place if you compare it to Euro ones. Shame it's so devastated.

My village was supposedly founded by the kosezi, the freemen who were farmers and warriors. Also, the Germans murdered hostages here and a homeguard commander himself shot his soldiers when they refused to escape to Austria durin the last days of WW2.

But do you live in that place. I mean in the buildings with the history you described or in a old building near it.

I live by the river where 500.000+ Mongs got rekt 800 years ago.

Battle site is just a few km away, the stakes used to trap and damage Mongs warship can still be seen today.

Nice. That's some good stuff.

When it comes to historical events I live few kms from quite a lot of them I mean, 3kms from my place there's a castle where Compernicus lived, lots of batles all around from middle ages to napoleonic times and ww2.

No, my house was built in the 1920s.

Hmm, here's our local Spanish fort, the historic area isn't 1500s aside from the graveyard maybe because the original de Luna colony site was wiped away by hurricanes

The king of Spain visited a few years back to commemorate our anniversary or something, big crowd, gave a speech, I was probably 5 feet away from him. Kinda neat

kek

Oh, and the building I work in is civil war era, I think the absolute oldest things you'd find still intact downtown would be 1700s but it's mostly 1800s so not really old by European standards

It looks like in a really bad shape.

I was more interested in things like "I go out of my home and I can stand on the same spot where some history happend".

I don't recognize the Swedish government

For example I can walk, like, 50m from my apartment and stand where Hindenburg inspected his dragoon and artillery troops.

No Germans? French? Italians? Everone lives in some new blocks or with their parents in the suburbs?

Yeah we haven't made efforts to restore it on purpose, I guess we like it in its natural state, makes for some nest pictures. It's also a really good site for camping, and some say it's haunted

As far as sites go, some civil war fighting happened here and there are a bunch of Native American archaeological digs but obviously nothing like what Europe has, what Europe has in a rich history we have in beautiful nature I guess

OH forgot to mention, this is the fort that Geronimo was imprisoned at which is kinda cool

Also military naval aviation was started here

Well USA has nearly all from what nature has to offer, I guess only missing tropical forests and tundra.

We've got tundra in Alaska and tropical forests in Hawaii if we're not only counting the contiguous US

Ah, yeah I forgot about Alaska and Hawaii.

>tfw the Hansa forced this out-of-place shithole to become relevant

Th-Thanks Germany

GIVE BACK

You know Hansa was just a continental city trading alliance, not Germany?

>implying Stockholm is relevant