Is there any reason to install a custom rom nowadays?

Is there any reason to install a custom rom nowadays?

To remove gapps.

To remove bad stock chinkshit roms.

Support past official on Nexus devices. There's no reason to buy anything other than a Nexus device though.

Yes, but not that one.

Unjewgle yur device

This.

Have current security updates and not get cucked by NSA 0-days.

then, which one?

You can get updates more often, which means you can keep that old phone alive as long as you want.
You can remove Google Play Services (GPS) and run free software on it instead.

- no gapps
- no preinstalled OEM bullshit
- up to date android and security patches

my S4 would otherwise be stuck on a 2015 version of android 5.0.1, with gapps, samsung shit and gapps

Easier customization, comes with nice features and optimizations

Remove google services, bypass carrier updates to just get the latest updates every week, updated security patch every month, and life longevity extended for older devices that aren't supported with updates.

This goes for any device, only allow on your phone what you explicitly choose you want to have on that device.

I installed imperium OS on my LG G4 and now my phone will easily last the whole day with some to spare in the morning. It basically lasts as long as it did on the first month of when I got it.

Only thing I'm butt blasted about is I can't use snapchat until I find a way to restore from a backup but currently all of my devices are rooted, so to be frank i don't know what to do.

Fuck this "anti root" mentality that is starting to take hold of more popular apps. I struggle to believe that there are more root users exploiting their root than people who do it for other reasons.

If you're a xxx_gamer_xxx and pay for gamer hardware, you might not like the way it looks.
You need bloated design. You love it.

90% of Android phones have disgusting stock ROMs that don't get any updates after a year (if they get any at all).

Except the Nexus line is dead.

>gapps are bad
will you ever stop memeing

>s4

Muh nigga.

removing google services, hardening

Remove gapps, any other reason depends on your phone. My one plus 3T doesn't come with a shitty stockrom or carrier bloatware and still gets updates so I don't need it.

I used to think it's some ricer neckbeard shit.
But my phone is pretty much unusable with the shitty stock Samsung ROM. It has a bug which occasionally drains the battery very fast and Samsung doesn't want to fix it.
I switched to LineageOS, the bug is fixed, the system is significantly faster and I get the latest updates as well.

So yeah, in my case totally worth it. If you have a good default ROM and good support from the phone maker it's probably not, though.

Is there any reason not to?

Which is why it's so important to have extended support.

I'm rolling with a G4+ and it's stock ROM is pretty good.
Before that I had a Huawei G760, that had an awful stock ROM, and as soon as I reflashed it, never looked back.

This one is fairly new, I'll wait for a bit before unlocking the bootloader, as that voids warranty n shit.

>0-days
lol, more like 5-year old exploits that the manufacturers just don't care to release patches for.

Because I'll get weekly security updates until the device breaks. It's also faster and gets better battery life than the stock ROM. It also removes the Google shitware.

>gapps are good meme
k y s
y
s

Its not because of root snapchat doesnt work. Its because you have xposed framework installed. What you do is flash the xposed framework uninstaller then install snapchat make a backup using titanium backup then reflash xposed.

Stop deepthroating Google "don't be evil".

It wasn't working for me prior to root. I installed xposed to try and get past it, but didn't work either

I'll give it another shot in a bit.

Hrm strange most apps are fine with root. The only ones that come to mind are the nintendo mobile games.

Yeah but snapchat worked for me after i rooted my lgg3. You just need to be logged in before you flash xposed or else it gives you an error

Replicant.

I hate that so many devs block their apps if you have your device rooted. It's such a bullshit practice.

>no GAPPS
>better battery life
>7.1.1 on any device

Because I want a smooth Android 7 experience on my S3 without TouchWiz

Gib me specific reasons why plz

Because android is a fragmantated OS and you won't get regular updates I'm models prior op

LineageOS rom and ElementalX kernel

Replicant is the android fork backed by the FSF.

Mostly that was a meme answer. Replicant is impractical because there's only like 6 devices that are supported. (Next major release is working on changing this).

However, were it practical, i would use it because it does have a stronger focus on freedom than CM or Lineage.
All nonfree firmware is replaced, including the bootloader, ideally.