Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fn_key
shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920040385.do
doc.rust-lang.org/book/
doc.rust-lang.org/nomicon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's shit

literally cannot

You can develop a kernel in it, trivially.
It's better thought out than C++.
It's faster than C++.
It's safer than C++.

>inb4 but C++ is shit too!
If you're not comparing Rust to C++, then Rust isn't for you, and you should just keep using Python or whatever.

Rust is the best language. Stick to your retro hippie shit if you want

I can't

Pattern matching
Tagged enums
Iterators
Traits

>Tagged enums
Tagged unions*

Enums in Rust are actually just tagged unions, which makes them quite useful.

>t. someone who has never used Ada

Ada btfo'd c++ and rust

>Ada
Ancient obsolete garbage.
Trash syntax.

with Ada.Text_IO; use Ada.Text_IO;
procedure Hello is
begin
Put_Line ("Ada is shit!");
end Hello;

fn main(){
print!("Rust is better");
}

>print!
Fucking retard. It's println!

According to what?

According to the fucking language.
print! does not print a newline, while println! does.
Unless of course your intention was to not print a newline, in which case, you're fucking retarded in this case since it's completely inappropriate.

Put and Put_Line
print! and println!

Who asked for these?

>rust "developers"
wew, I'm glad I never bothered learning this shit language

Who are you quoting?

>this fucking faggot
>AGAIN
just kill yourself

Why?

Just fuck off.

Don't group us Rust users in with those retards please.

Also, who said these? Interested to know.

meant to reply to , not

>Trash syntax.
like which

All me though

Like, all of it.

unlike rust which has even worst syntax

shit garbage trash
begin
usual
end suffering

vs
fn name(args){
stuff
}

Hmmm. Making me think here really hard

>fn

begin
>end garbage

>he doesnt know about function

Who are you quoting exactly?

KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING NIGGER GODDAM IT I FUCKING HATE YOU YOU LITTLE FAGGOT PIECE OF SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kek

>he thinks this is a quote
rust is and will always be a meme

And Akari will never be real

>>he thinks this is a quote
Who said this

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Your mother did when I fucked her last night.

Never knew mom was into girls

>This thread

You mean this entire board.

And got btfo'd by C (avionics) and C++ again (auto). But we shall keep it alive with SPARK!

A-Are you saying I'm a girl?

Wtf you look like one

>THIS THREAD

good thread fellas.
Although, I'm still not convinced

Ada's syntax is beautiful though.
In rust they should have used either 'func' or 'function' but not fucking 'fn', also remove 'let' from the language please it's fucking retarded.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fn_key

But func and function are the worst choices. func sounds fucking retarded, and function is too long.
fn is the best choice, doesn't sound retarded, and is short.

Fn is short for function and it is well established

Blub paradox.
Conveniently ignoring any actual points doesn't cut it.

the fn key on your keyboard is also stupid.
Never ever seen fn being short for function in a programming language before.

So either the whole world is stupid or it's just you.

Hmmmm

What're the best books for learning Rust? Any YouTube tutorials? How would I go about creating wrappers so that the Windows API would be usable in Rust?

When you have read the official book and rustonomicon, read this shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920040385.do

These?

>Official book
doc.rust-lang.org/book/

>rustonomicon
doc.rust-lang.org/nomicon/

yes

this, altougth blub paradox is ironic/paradox as in its name giver is a blub one-trick pony toy language creating fraudster that tricked yahoo

I'm not fond of the SJW aspects but I have to admit, the language is very impressive, the project gives out fascinating updates as it progresses, the toolkit is very convenient.

I wish it went further with code correctness precautions and had better readability. Really I wand Ada with an actual community and borrow checker and cargo.

Cargo makes everything much simpler.

>It's better thought out than C++.
>It's faster than C++.
>It's safer than C++.
This is what rustcucks believe

The reason Rust is being pushed so hard is because social justice warriors have found great difficulty penetrating the communities of open source system coders who use C and/or C++.

The "safety" features give advantages to lobotomised Feminist studies "coders" who are trying to "disrupt" these communities while breaking the knee caps of everyone else who knows what they are doing.

Literally nothing in Rust actually solves problems that haven't already been solved by RAII in C++ and even some GC/stack/heap techniques in the arguably superior but slower D compiler.

The advocates are all social justice warriors and this is their "long march through the development communities". They are employing critical theory against their main targets C and C++, by criticising everything it is and does and demonising its users. They've held back their "cis het white male" jargonism for now, but once they have established a foot hold "killer app", expect them to go wild with it. Just read through the big throbbing CoC they've erected on their main website.

Rust is kill. Don't touch it, spit on all its advocates.

Keep deluding yourself, I guess.

Rust is too hard for SJW's and feminists.

Really, that's your argument? Why do you come to a tech board in the first place if you can't present any argument with technological/scientific merit?

>Keep deluding yourself, I guess.
The one being deluded is you. Come back to me when your rust "hello world" binaries can fit into a program cache. What a fucking joke.

MUH SAFETY
MUH FUCKING SAFETY

Do you know the difference between static and dynamic linking? I don't think so, all you ever did is watch anime and spew the hottest "memes" found on Sup Forums

Is that your only argument? because literally the only reason why Rust binaries are large is because everything is statically linked.
Why is it statically linked? because no one is going to have rust libraries installed, because it's not that wide spread (yet anyway).

Go and fully statically link your C++ programs and see the binary size, faggot.

$ cat main.cxx
#include

int main() {
std::cout

>Anime
Hi.
Go to hell.

>Arguing with Neo-Sup Forums
You do realize these kids are fresh new to programming with no prior knowledge, right. This is how they try to fit into the conversation.

>if you can't present any argument with technological/scientific merit?

His argument about the political agenda behind Rust is very relevant. In science, like everywhere else, political decisions have heavy impact on technical issues. If Rust developers push for their language in order to break existing communities that they perceive as "hateful" then their succes will be harmful on technology.

>His argument about the political agenda behind Rust is very relevant.
No it isn't. Believe it or not, by writing language X, you are neither going to drive white race to extinction nor you are going to kill all African people. Mental delusion is not an excuse.

nyankoposting should be a perman desu

best post in this thread desu

did a cat hurt your feelings?

That's the worst cat though

show me where the cat touched you

Rust is the shittiest PL out there except for all the others.

Second best cat, upgrade

fine

Compared to C? It is and will be for a long time even if it gets adopted.
Compared to C++? It's a godsend. There's no reason to choose that abomination over rust. The syntax is as ugly as c++, but the language is actually usable.
It won't have a chance against C until there's a verified compiler and integration with proof assistants.

its just another meme language. people make these every day and no serious programmer uses them.

FUCK YOU DUMB ANIMELOVERS!!!!!!!
FUCK YOU MODS!!!!!!!
BURN IN HELL!!!!!

>Who are you
It is I!

Oh, right, you meant to write "whom". Then say so, faget.

>It's better thought out than C++.
Is this why rustcucks always use the latest nightly builds so that they can use the latest (((unsafe))) constructs so they can actually use their shitty language for anything more advanced than hello world?

he actually meant site ofcourse

I was seriously considering rust for my freenet rewrite until is looked at their stdlib.
rust is the worst language to write any network aware code in so far.
go is pretty good but their gc is a bit too slow to warrant using it.
C++ has exceptions and RAII which make it too complex to bother with for my use case.
C is the most portable language in existence so I've decided to use that. I hate how the rust kids assume every programmer needs to be handled with kid gloves, we're adults we can handle ourselves and access memory in ways that are scary to amateurs. Rust is immature as a language, their ecosystem is only going to become more fragmented and they are religious nuts on the level of Scientology.

>Oh and just for comparison, here's a statically linked stripped C program:
>Notice anything? it's fucking larger than a statically linked stripped Rust program. KEK.
That's a complaint against the standard library implementation, though, not the language.

Try this for size instead:
void exit(int st)
{
asm("mov $60, %%eax;\n"
"mov %0, %%edi;\n"
"syscall;\n"
: : "r" (st) : "eax");
}

int write(int fd, void *data, int len)
{
int ret;

asm("mov $1, %%eax;\n"
"mov %1, %%edi;\n"
"mov %2, %%rsi;\n"
"mov %3, %%edx;\n"
"syscall;\n"
: "=a" (ret) : "r" (fd), "r" (data), "r" (len));
return(ret);
}

int strlen(char *str)
{
int n;

for(n = 0; *str; n++, str++);
return(n);
}

void puts(char *str)
{
int s, n, r;

for(s = strlen(str), n = 0; n < s; n += r)
r = write(1, str + n, s - n);
}

void _start(void)
{
write(1, "Hello World!\n", 13);
exit(0);
}

For some reason, I can't post the results. When I do, Hiromoot considers my IP range blocked.

The resulting program size was 928 bytes, though.

Also >inb4 b-but inline assembly isn't standard iso ansi c
Being able to interface easily with assembly and other foreign object files via the standardized ABI is one of the strengths of C.