Phone is locked with fingerprint sensor

>phone is locked with fingerprint sensor
>always worried about someone cutting my hand off to access my top secret information
Haven't you guys never seen a spy movie? Happens all the time!

> Cut hands off
Seems immoral given that they probably just are gonna take the fingerprint off your phone or anything else you touched and unlock it with that.

Or even off a photograph of your hand taken with a nice sharp modern DSLR / MILC at any point in time, with or without you noticing.

If they cut off your hand, it's probably an act of violence for no technical reason, whoever it was just wanted to cut your hand off.

Pic related. CCC (german chaos computer club) guy who pulled fingerprint off a press photo.

They also developed very easy very good methods to make all typical fingerprint scanners accept a fingerprint they grabbed this or in another way.

> who would have thought that something you can see all the time and that you even leave behind all the time like a fingerprint is *not* good for security

>*cia (wo)man hands user an object*
>*user holds it*
>*cia gets anons finger print*
>gg

Give the hacksaw back, Jamal.

Get a retina scanner.

I hate when people bring up that finger cutting, eye poking thing. Such violence is less likely than a thief stealing your keys when your not looking.

And have my eye scooped out? No thanks!

Just use a fucking password you paranoid fuck.

Your hand is broken. I'd take it back to the shop if I were you.

If a fingerprint is a key that is so easy to copy, then why is it considered so "secure"?

Is this shopped or what? You cant bend the inside of your hand outwards like that.

>passwords rememberable by the average human will be trivially bruteforcable in your lifetime

would not use that. fingerpring logins have no legal protection in usa but you dont have to give a normal password for them.

No one who would be interested in getting in is going to cut your hand off, they will just force you to log in.

Fingerprints are not protected under privacy laws, considering you literally leave them everywhere all over the place. Government agents have the authority to force you to unlock your device via fingerprint. However, they cannot compel you to reveal your password.

wew

GENIUS

>NSA sees you post something on the Internet they would rather you not
>gets you fingerprint from the secret database and leaves them at a crime scene

My ex coworker's stories about her boyfriend are why I will never use a fingerprint reader on my phone
>he falls asleep
>she takes his thumb and presses it to the reader
>proceeds to be a cunt and goes through his phone

Not to mention biometrics aren't constitutionally protected, a cop can legally touch your finger to your phone if he wants to go through it, can't do that with a password.

Don't fingerprint sensors also check for a pulse?

Evildoers lose again.

So many cockroaches

There is a video of this somewhere, looks neat.