"console killer" PC's - a meme?

right, we all know the good old "PC master race" meme that was taken too far by Reddit. these sperglords constantly claim that they can build PC's that are on the same level or better than a PS4 Pro in terms of framerates and resolution, but for the life of me I cannot put together a build that would be under 350€ (which is what retailers sell PS4 Pros in Europe, you can probably get it cheaper elsewhere).

my absolute best, memey as fuck build would be pcpartpicker.com/list/wF6hLD, but im dumb as shit and don't know much about hardware nowadays. are these prices just fucked and not updated properly? theres no way a shitty CPU like that costs that much, is there?

mostly asking out of curiosity, but also for a friend that is buying a new PC.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/pJrHZ8
pcpartpicker.com/list/wF6hLD
pcpartpicker.com/list/PfJxd6
pcpartpicker.com/list/L6vKQV
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>but im dumb as shit and don't know much about hardware nowadays

If you already know that why are even here?

because im asking a question? not sure why im even replying to a guy that can't formulate a simple english sentence though.

Building PCs clearly isn't your cup of tea.

Just contribute to the economy by buying consoles or prebuilts.

did I trigger you or something? from what I can tell you can't build a PC that rivals a PS4 Pro either, so thats why you're so upset.

You not being able to pull it off doesn't make it a maymay, bruh.

it's a stupid question
>>>g/sqt
regarding my english you can point my mistake so i can learn

Yes you can, especially 4 (four!) years after launch of the PS4.

They use 2nd hand parts, that's the secret.

>Yes you can
>doesn't prove it

okay then, still not convinced. 350€ for a PC that will run something like BF1 or For Honor at (STABLE) 30fps and 4K? i'll take 30fps/1440p too.

>under 350€
Found the problem. I'm in Europe and while you can occasionally assemble a competitive one, it's much much harder here. Console killers are almost invariably built by and for Americans.

That's fair I guess. Console specs are on par with second hand hardware available at launch of said console.

dumpster diving / theft / mommy's birthday gifts dont count.

parts arent that different when I look at Newegg or places like that. maybe a 10% difference. still no chance of building something for 350€ that isn't either running a C2D or a 750ti.

What? 4K?

A PS4 pro doesn't do 4K. Just build a PC that does 1080p, connect a 4K screen and lie about it's 4K capabilities. There, you build a PS4 pro

you probably still can't do it at 1080p. what are you gonna do, run new games on a 750ti? a graphics card like a 970 or 1060 alone costs 250€. just admit it, you can't do it.

In the Netherlands a rule of thumb is to take the U.S. price of a part in $, multiply it with 1.3 and that's about the price in euros.

Yes, we are pretty much f'ed.

Sure fa.m

I'm afraid my PC is going to take this news quit badly.

This is more like the PS4 Pro:
pcpartpicker.com/list/pJrHZ8

the "PC master race" is more of cult than anything else, they will defend that PC is better in EVERYTHING than consoles, even though console gaming is objectively cheaper.

Besides we all know that the one truly reason PC gaming is better is because it's the only platform were you can play the original X-Com.

Stop falling for the bait, morons.

Ignore OP and move on.

that will NOT run something like Nier Automata at a stable framerate. and its still more than a PS4 Pro.

Install Source Mage

Have you been buying console games lately?

>cant prove OP wrong
>LE BAIT!!! XDD

kys

>Overpriced Intel CPU
>Meme RAM
>Expensive case

Hint: The PS4 Pro doesn't render at 4K, It just upscales the image most of the time. It also can't run stable 30 fps most of the time on demanding games.

>console gaming is objectively cheaper.
>free games vs $60/game
>backwards compatibility
>console gaming is objectively cheaper.

No need to argue OP! Just buy a console and leave it to rest. Consoles are specially tailored to the needs of idiots.

Why the hell would you want to build some underpowered piece of shit that competes with cheap laptop hardware?

> Ignores that a PS4 only does 1080p at 30-ish fps
> Expects Sup Forums to spoon feed him with a 350 eu PC that does 4K at 30 fps

Wew lad! you sure got a point here!

neither will a PS4

the frame drops are pretty bad even outside of combat

I can use a mouse and a keyboard, there I immediately win. Consoles are reduced to gamepads which appeal the to caveman intellect of the normie that lacks basic dexterity necessary to use the mouse.

I was only half joking, but whatever, seriously now. Here's two things to keep in mind:

- It really depends on where you live. I don't think you can build this "console killer" outside of USA (and perhaps Canada?).
- There's little insight in how exactly console versions of the game are put together. Sure, they're running under 4k on that PS Pro, but what's happening under the hood? Which settings on the PC port are equivalent to the console variant?

Just lower the settings, it's not like the Pro runs games like ultra high on the PC, and you'll not get PS4 Pro performance in a PC for the same price as a PS4 Pro.

You don't even have to pirate to get even very quickly. Console games are usually about 20-30 bucks more expensive than the PC counterparts on release. Not to mention sales.

I got Dark Souls 1+ 2 for like 5 euros.

Consoles just seem cheaper because the manufacturers sell at a loss to bind consumers and then rake in the money with expensive games and peripherals. E.g. the PS4 only came with one controller and they cost like 60 euros each on release. They're still at around 45-50 each.

I think you're actually right but I think that's a pretty unique quality of the PS4 Pro + Europe. The reason why console killers were a thing and now are not is that that console is insanely good value. It's 4.2 TFLOPS for £354, going by amazon.co.uk, that is far more competitive than say, when the PS4 launched and it was 400 Euro for 1.8 TFLOPS. For comparison the RX 470, a 5 TFLOPS GPU, is going for £164, leaving you with less than two hundred pounds across the at least six other parts of the system.

Personally I've always found that PCs really come into their own around the 700 - 900 Euro range for both laptops and desktops, at least around here.

(Yes I am aware TFLOPS are not a perfect measure of GPU performance but if you think I'm going to put that much effort into replying to this thread you must be joking).

This as well. Medium settings should be comparable to console settings.

You can steal console games too

>Personally I've always found that PCs really come into their own around the 700 - 900 Euro range for both laptops and desktops, at least around here.

You can reduce that by around 150-200 eurobucks by buying AMD instead of Intel. Not shilling, it's just a fact.

It does not have to be the same price, you get what you pay for, console killer PC's are just the middle of the road, small size shitboxes that are still cheap but can BTFO a console easily.

Also PCMR is not a meme, PC's are better for gaming in every way since the late 1997's.
Just don't be a poorfag, consoles are for people who can't afford proper hardware.

>don't be a poorfag

Console gaming is much more expensive.
It's just the starter kit that's a bit cheaper.
It's there to lure dumb people in.

Having fun with Splatoon? (online)

Oh wait

>pcpartpicker.com/list/wF6hLD
>2500k
>$185

More like $70

Don't use PCpartpicker for used parts, enter their ebay prices manually, it's that simple.

Get out of here, you shill. Just look at these benchmarks:

>with AMD - 78FPS on this game
>with Nvidia and Intel - 91FPS on this game

As we can see AMD is literally unplayable.

I am running GTA V on low-medium settings in HD on 1080p external monitor connected to 2011 Acer laptop with 640M 2GB graphics card.
With those settings I still have more cars and people on streets than my friend has on his PS4.

Also 40-50 fps.

Maybe not for £350, whatever that is in dollars, but for a little bit more you can make one twice as good that can do a lot more stuff. A pc isn't just a vidya machine.

Although a loose and flawed comparison, if you want what a BMW or audi provides in terms of performance and other bells and whistles like leather seats, touchscreen navigation, customization (driving modes, etc) you won't find it in a $15000 low end car. Even though they both go a to b, some people want more out of their cars.

Also, a lot of times people include the price of things like the monitor or peripherals for pcs, but then fail to factor in the cost of a TV or extra controllers or whatever for consoles. And games are on sale a lot more frequently and a lot sooner on pc than on consoles. You can't find games that came out a year or two ago for $20 on current consoles, ubless they're sports games

More like

>78 fps
>unplayable
Wat lol

Also one thing I don't like about these tests is that you never know if the settings were correctly optimized for the hardware, they could be easily skewed. Although I personally do prefer Nvidia to AMD, I find it hard to trust benchmarks

Don't forget to add 2 or 3 years of the "online access" monthly subscription to the price that PC doesn't incur.

It was a joke

I can never tell on this board anymore if people are actually stupid or just pretending

Why would PC need to kill consoles when they're already dead?

No him but your sentence was
>If you already know that why are even here
It should be
>If you already know that, why are you even here.

Shill please go and take your fake news with you

no
go to ebay and buy a used system with a decent proc, then buy a good gpu
bam, sub 300$ lane is for you

Have you considered that Sony can get parts cheaper than you? Most vendors are going to give them a HUGE bulk discount. Vendors are going to do it because it's pretty much a guarantee they'll sell X amount of parts, and get X amount of profit, vs selling them off one by one.

>mfw I'm PC gaming on a TV

My mom won't let me hook my gaymer box up to the Sup Forums.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Even if you sink $1k into your PC, there's a value to be had over a console if you consider that you're building a good gaming platform AND a fast computer for most other things you want/need to do.

If you get an Xbox and a $600 laptop you can do all your work and play but it'll all be at lower settings and if your work is a resource hog you'll feel the pain of your laptop's specs. On the other hand, the gaming desktop would handle both pretty damn well.

Not by a mile

The whole deal with PCs is that you can do things on it that no console can like video editing, compiling, browsing, shotposting, etc. While also playing games. Its in that sense that it kills consoles.

I'm gonna say most households with a console also have a PC, whether in desktop or laptop form. In fact the laptop will usually cost more than a console in the $1000 range and it definitely will not be used for games. Now imagine you could do everything the laptop does but faster and everything the console does but faster and better looking. That's when you kill the console. Hell for less than the cost of your laptop you can build a killer PC. Something like this pcpartpicker.com/list/PfJxd6

This, you could only lower prices by selling gaming pre-builts because the prices of components lower when are hi bought in bulk, but as it's marketed for idiots they tend to be more expensive.

Just stop playing games and get in with your life

>games about 30% more expensive. not even accounting for sales here
>peripherals extremely expensive
>online fees

Yes by a mile

consoles are generally faster than cheapo PCs for a year or so after their release, it's nothing new

also, when it IS possible, it's only really possible in america. consoles are cheaper elsewhere (in comparison) than PC parts.

with that said, if you're willing to buy a piece of shit DRM box just to save a hundred bucks, you deserve to be gassed.

>peripherals are expensive
>keyboards and mice are now free in anons country
Do you realize how many years youd have to subscribe to xbox live or whatever to catch up to wven a midrange desktop in price?

a "midrange" PC is buttloads faster than any console though. your point is disingenuous.

Who is that fluid druid?

I can't ignore Choa

We were talking about price dicknose

If you want to be that pedantic, you ought to know that since his question was a direct one, the sentence should actually end with a question mark.

My keyboard cost me 7 euros and my mouse 8 and they're perfectly fine for gaming (Logitech, btw).

Also a PC that is faster than consoles costs maybe 150-200 bucks more. Conisdering the high cost of peripherals, games and online I'd say half a year max.

>150-200

That's way too high, btw.

You were comparing a console with a midrange desktop, which is invalid.

Consoles are between low and mid.

PS4 can't run dwarf fortress so this whole argument is irrelevant.

pcpartpicker.com/list/L6vKQV

/thread

He asked for someone to tell him the mistake he made that someone else pointed out. Yes there should be a question mark.

>RX 560
Too weak

Consoles 50 dollars a year in online fees and cant be upgraded so they are always end uo much more expensive then an equivalent PC

It's faster than the 1050 Ti in OP's build, but you can replace it with a 1060 if your autism doesn't let you use a GPU slower than the PS4P's.

Pretty much no.
Consoles are compact pieces of shit with no airflow whose components are often underclocked to compensate for the shit heat management.
The PS4 was an example.
>AMD
>being underclocked and not overclocked
KEK

Any PC on the other hand has good airflow.
Also SSD's and the ability to pirate and mod freely, as well as replace HDD's.

The console killer is a misnomer in that consoles are so anti-consumer these days that there's no point to even pay attention to them.
I remember when Sonyfags made fun of Xbox fags for not having free online.
Gen later, Sonyfags are as quiet as the vacuum.

>pcfags butthurt they spent $1000s of dollars to play games you can pick up for $250
>b-b-but online is free
>i pirate my games
Piracy doesnt count. You can steal anything

My PC has shit airflow and I'm too lazy to fix it.

>mfw aftermarket Alpenföhn CPU cooler has been laying on the table still in the box for over a month and I can't get my ass up to install it

You forgot to mention that not only does it have an AMD processor, it has an AMD processor designed to be used in phones.

Nigger there should be a limit to how much of a vegetative state you are in.

Vaccuums arnt very quiet

Sup Forums tier bait.

Vacuums aren't. But THE vacuum is singular and self-explanatory in regards to the grammar used.

Kek

A lot of the things you've ignored have already been covered by other anons here, like the value of a PC beyond just gaming and that you can buy games for PC at much lower prices than console (Steam, GoG, etc.). You've also ignored that the upfront cost for a PC is somewhat deceptive, since many of the parts you buy can be migrated to new systems, thus saving money on upgrades. When your console is old and useless, you buy a new console. When your PC is showing its age, you replace only some parts. Case, hard drive, SSD, PSU, cooling, etc can all be used for a very long time. If you knock all those parts off your list, how much does it then cost? You may not think it's relevant, but it really is, since anyone who would want to "kill" their console most likely already has a console, so they've already paid entry price. Also, there is a good chance the average person has a shitty PC they could upgrade to game on, or a recycling center they could visit to get an i5-2500 sysyem (yes, a complete system. although no GPU) for less than $100.

People who pay 1000 on a pc get one more powerful than your PS6 will be, it will last multiple console generations.

>pay a console manufacturer in addition to a publisher only so developers can end with scraps

>pay a distributor like Valve much less than how much publishers steal from devs, while developers get a proper revenue and that's under the circumstances when people are even buying at discount and cheap

Hmmmmmmmmm.

G4560, 8GBs of RAM and a GTX 1050/RX 460 for OG PS4 Levels or a GTX 1060/RX 470 for PS4 Pro Levels.

oh right, i forgot the "you", sometimes i forgot to write words, even in my native language

Can the ps4 do this? I think not.

A generation later I went from being a sonyfag (ps3) to replacing my late 90s tower for my pc gaming.

The thing everyone forgets is you need a computer in addition to a console anyway so you can add $2-300 to the budget for that.

>Consoles just seem cheaper because the manufacturers sell at a loss
People still believe this?