Tfw work in IT for a year already

>tfw work in IT for a year already
This corporate culture, the goddamn open spaces, the department leads, the office managers, the daily meetings, the staggering incompetence of supposedly educated people, the coffee breaks and overtimes...

I'm not sure if I can tolerate this shit any longer.

How many of you work for big companies and enjoy their jobs? Would you quit if not for the money you get?

Worked for the IT-service department of a Fort 500 for 2 years, almost ended up shooting up the place, now unemployed because I refuse to work with people and middle-management again

It doesn't get better in other areas of work either

This. People are fucking stupid in general, regardless of where you work. My best advice is to save every penny, live like a pauper, and cash out early.

Or start your own business if you're not totally autistic.

>now unemployed because I refuse to work with people

wew. yes lad, you live in civilization

>not going to work on drugs
Really helps me tune out the normies, and I like to play the dangerous game of seeing how fucked up i can get without coworkers or bosses noticing.
Honestly I could never put up with my job for 5 whole sober days in a row. I think I just need to feel like a mischievous goy.
So far I've been extremely inebriated every Monday and Friday since February 2016. My job mainly involves backend development and managing documentation for an order management system- usually we're doing contract work and everyone breathes down your neck about deadlines.

Is there a high res pic of this somewhere

Read the old dilbert cartoons they're pretty good

>Would you quit if not for the money you get?
Start selling weed and coke to normies, flexible hours and you're your own boss. Don't forget to not use your own supply.

>How many of you work for big companies and enjoy their jobs?
Both No one and lot of people.

Learn to embrace the bittneress and channel it into spite, pettyness, envy and backstabbing opportunism.
That or leave the corporate world as it'll eat you alive.

but sweetie, real life is not Mr. Robot

An asian spa in my town actually closed down waiting for approval to open and was bought out by some (((company))). Opening your own business is a bad meme in America.

Wagecuck at 1st level helpdesk for 2 years here. Really hate my job but i'm fucking broke.

Been studying so much on my freetime for bigger and better things. Neets are the true master race.

I work in finance as dev and life is fucking good.
Great pay, less hours than everyone else in the office and an interesting job. No shitty midlifecrisis managers

>tfw you actually heard all the God-tier quotes from your stable client
feels good, mang.

I had my own company once, but it was a failure. I don't have much time to start another since I have a family to worry about.

Get your experience, learn what you don't learn on the job in your spare time. Once recruiters want you, apply to smaller or innovative tech companies. It's what I did. Big companies where tech is a supporting function rather than the main business are aids to all but 40 year old corporate drones who think administering servers is exciting because wow technology xD

Yesss! Piece of shit spends more time thinking he can run the business instead of realizing he's in a shit field that will be dead in less than a decade.

>I'm not sure if I can tolerate it any longer
You can't, nobody can, because IT is a shit field where you are quantally fucked both ways. Everything is proprietary and untouchable now so you are more of a phone consultant liason where you put on a meme face to try to hold out the business owner realizing this.

In 10 years everyone will collectively realize that there is no need for an IT anything anymore because everything is proprietary. We do "IT" with stingy phone calls and lawsuits now.

>tfw indistinguishable between God & High Tier
I hope I'm doing the right thing now

I work like parttime in a corporation as a ''''asp.net dev'''' but ib reality I just do the shit work noone else does.
It's fucking awful, the pay is shit and now I'm in debts but I need the cash for my degree.
if I end up having to take this job fulltime I'm seriously going to consider suicide, I just can't function anymore like this
programming is a meme

Is NEET life worth it?

>Wagecuck at 1st level helpdesk for 2 years here
If you aren't making 40-50k, its time to move on. You have 2 years experience, should have some legitimate knowledge at this point. Go make money somewhere else.

I'm very close to that point.

I just have no idea what I can do that is going to make 40k-50k a year.

I know some linux, cisco cli, dipping my feet into programming.

Totally depends on your resources and attitude. Almost everyone wants to be a NEET sooner or later, it's just a question on whether or not you have the facilities to back it up. Even with the resources you need to be able to separate self-worth and work if you're to do anything other than feel guilty constantly.

The NEET life can range from lounging around pursuing artistic endeavors on daddy's money to a stressed out hell entirely within a council flat were every day is spent trying to forget that your parents hate you through an endless stream of anime, games and tendies.

Both of those ranges sound ideal over wagecuckery.

Then maybe it's for you. I personally couldn't stand the feeling of being such a disappointment and I know an awful lot of people who feel the same.

Doesn't matter, there are places that need a dependable knowledgeable person to answer phones and they'll pay that to get it. Just have to find it.

totally worth it if you have rich parents

Shit posting here and waiting for the daily update legitimately got me through 3 years of I.T. service work.

I worked for the biggest company in my country and yeah, it was pretty much as you describe. Tolerable, but pretty bad.

I got lucky and managed to be able to work from home for the same company so now I don't have to put up with that.

I like my wage cuck job, its comfy and nice and everyone likes me

Only if you have money and have it planned out to last you until your death.

new to IT doing shit helpdesk for shit pay but really good benefits. should i stay? is IT really going to sink?

Only in the short term. In the long term, it's no way to live.

YES YES YES.

I quit my shitty ITcuck job at some horrible ant farm to do shit far below my skill and pay grade out of the city. Took a pay cut of over 50%. I've got an ace in the hole though and that's that I was stupid (smart) enough to invest a decent amount into crypto.

there is a reason that people in IT drink a shit load and watch fuck loads of anime

Been in my job for 6 years now, I'd quit, but I've managed to turn into Wally from Dilbert over the years and the only person that seems to wonder what is I'm doing with my life is me

5 years here. No, it is killing me.

If you have enough dough to live off capital gains/dividends it's fucking god tier. Quarter of the way to retiring in my 30s here. Fuck wage cuck life.

Did I dodged a bullet by leaving IT school and going to college.

Can confirm. Went from some overenthusiastic new graduate to someone who doesn't really care. Yet, you still progress but with a lot less stress

>tfw student and part time food service job

I fucking can't wait to not work in food service, retail, or hospitality on the front lines with guests/customers.

>Sup Forums is banned at workplace because sexual/explicit content
How an I supposed to go through the day without funposting

be a degenerate phoneposter. If it doesn't go over their device or their network, they can't detect it. Unless you let them see it. Don't do that, dumbass.

but I can't have my phone in my hands the entre time, at least when I browse on the computer I can make it look like I'm actually doing work

>set up a vps
>install vpn
>connect
>shitpost

Alternatively, set up a webproxy so that all traffic to Sup Forums goes through your vpn

no admin rights so can't install anything

Then choose the second way.

>get vps
>install gylpe or something like that
>browse Sup Forums

IT supposed to be a fun job

That's not really NEET though, just good financial planning and early retirement. NEET is more like leeching off parents.

If you enjoy working then you have been tricked by the jews
Good goy

>Mexican
>I work as Field Service Engineer
> repairing hospital devices
>They are Jews but only hire competent WHITES
>I'm fairly white
>God, working here is a blessing
>People actually do their jobs
>The white privilege is real in Mexico and I'm enjoying it

AMA I guess?

also
>friend moved to Ireland, went through 2 tech support jobs to some kind of UI analyzing shit in a year and a half, all were better offers than the previous ones
>apparently changing jobs that fast is nothing out of the ordinary

>sit at my shit corporate job
>listen in on conversations about people leaving after 2 years of working and being branded as traitors

Nothing about leeching in "Not Employed, in Education or Training" but ok

universal consciousness tier is inheriting 87 million dollars after taxes then moving to a nice city's suburbs seeing if you can snort 100k a year worth of coke. I am at 207k worth of powered and I bought a 2016 McLaren 675LT. I am about two million down in about a year in a half. I am expecting to only spend 500k this year since buying the house and a sports car and daily driver took took a large chunk of my money.

I am 26 now so I wonder if I can blow through the rest before i die.

I'm so stingy and jewish that I probably wouldn't blow through that money in 200 years

Man why isn't there a phone dock or desktop app to remote vnc your phone

Can I have some money

>having loyalty to some big-ass company that would fire you in a second without thinking twice
ishiggydiggy

>Do marketing/webdev for a small tech company, around 40 people
>Super comfy and pays well, everyone is nice and friendly
>Free catered lunch every day, free car washes, work from home whenever I want
>Absolute Shit Tier

This is why you work for local and small businesses rather than mega corps who see you as just another number.

local and small businesses will treat you just as shittily if they think they can easily replace you. Every employer is like that.

If you're getting replaced easily on a local business you're probably really shitty.

What do you do in your free time?

doesn't much matter whether you are or not. only matters how replaceable your boss thinks you are, whether he's right or not.

Unless you're working for a turbo jew they're not going to kick out someone good for someone who's medicore willing to work for less.

people in the 20 - 30 demographic will change jobs 8 to 10 times according to some research I read a long time ago.

Having loyalty to one employer is the worst thing you can possibly do. I made this mistake once, and then was canned by some fuckwad who just wanted to hire on his friends. I swear, when I left, his team was made mostly of friends.

Even if the company gives you great benefits and treats you good, remember that it's all a business. Never pass on a better opportunity just because you want to be loyal to a company.

thats the dream. but buying lotto tickets is a jewish meme so I don't know how to get capital.

never planned to, I just fibd it hilarious how butthurt some of them get about it

It sucks. Tbf I don't get hit with overtime, weekend work, called time off or no bonus because of whatever, but I get you on the meetings, the culture and the fucking wing nuts masquarading as developers. I think it may just be my company ylthough, I've got a few friends who ended up in other places and from what they're telling me, it seems like my company is a graveyard for ambition. Strongly considering jumping ship, so I'm not writing off "wageslaving" just yet

>Wasting money on a McLaren when there's fast and fun cars you could have bought

Collecting Dragon Dildos and investing in IPOs.

>36k starting fresh out of college
>day consists of drinking coffee and pretending to work for 4/8 hours
>1 hour hanging out with the local it manager because he's really chill
I get paid for doing nothing, this is pretty good so far.

I'm a security analyst that works from home so its not all bad.

I do some things every once in a while but otherwise I'm playing vidya or shitposting on here till I can clock out.

>36k starting fresh out of college
>day consists of drinking coffee and pretending to work for 4/8 hours
>1 hour hanging out with the local it manager because he's really chill
I get paid for doing nothing, this is pretty good so far. This is a factory with 1500 employees, so there's only 8 people in IT total, but it's pretty good.

Your post describes my job to a T, but I find it comfy. Sure, it's not as much money as west coast niggershit, but at least the people aren't insufferable cunts, and if I'm gonna be spending a third of my day with them, it fucking matters.
Honestly, I just want to save up some money so I can start investing it in other ventures so I can eventually retire early.

You should use this money to atempt to make more money, and most importantly, adquire more power/societal status.

You have the mentality of middle class scum, and probably will never rise above it.

Do you own a feminine penis or a vagina?

driving around the west coast and throwing money at stock and crypto currencies

I didn't know I just thought it looked cool. The fucking battery went out a few days too. The car is dropping in value pretty fast unlike other cars around its price range. It is fun to drive though.

Well I never expected to even get this money. I had a rich aunt whose kid died of cancer about three years ago. I was the only one who visited her of my generation i guess because she left me 80% of it. I bought about a million in bitcoin when it was 682 dollars a coin and made pretty much everything I spent. Honestly I don't know what to do with all this fucking money. I have a genetic disorder that keeps me from being able to make kids so I a figure why not spend it because I can't pass it down.

Done a little wage work at a couple different corporations and didn't like it, didn't stay at either for very long. One small place I worked at for 2 years I loved, it was a family owned pc repair shop. I quit when things got shitty and soon got a business license, ins, and advertising and started doing it myself. I have been doing this for 5 years now and just in the past 2 yeas have started to get bigger jobs. The first 3 years involved a side job at domino's to make ends meet, after that the average monthly IT take was enough to quit. However, I keep a 10-15hr/wk job at advance auto parts because IT still isn't to the point that I can count on jobs from day to day, it's not stable. Currently I am the IT person for 4 small businesses, they call me on an as-needed basis and I bill by the hour. Averages about 30 hours a month between them not counting bigger jobs. Bigger jobs come every so often, example: ran a chain of updates on a piece of software that runs a lumberyard/trucking Co recently. 2 weeks worth of after hours work paid around $3500. I service a few home users as well although I'm wanting to transition out of that. I love helping people and seeing how what I do makes things easier for users in their everyday lives, but the small business money is better. Being in the midst of the wife having our first child, wanting to move into a bigger house in the country, and a couple other things I need all the money I can get right now.
The stress of being the "boss" and working for myself isn't the greatest thing in the world. I'm great with machines, but I'm terrible at most of the aspects of actually running a business. I don't like most people, hate all kinds of paperwork, and don't like doing the advertising myself.

(Cunt)

You will end up growing tired of this after the first few years

(Cunt 2/2)

The feeling I get when a business calls me because their system is down and I get there and everything is quiet and all 30 sets of eyes are on me because I'm the key to these people being able to continue their workday today and having a job to come back to tomorrow is nerve-wracking. I like being invisible and being the center of attention is deplorable for me. Of course in addition to that, if it happens to go bad again, it's your fault to most of those 30 people. Having to fix 20 year old Unix machines with flavors I've never heard of and basically giving myself a crash course in whatever arcane os and software different businesses use to accomplish their goals. Some days I wish I worked for someone so I could have at least a teammate.

With all that money I'd call Bjarne Ingels and have him help me build a cluster of small apartment buildings (maybe 3-4 storeys or so) with rooftop terraces and little shops and cafés on the bottom floors.
Nice gardens outside, etc.

Then I'd rent out the apartments to students for a small profit while living in the tallest of the buildings with a private rooftop terrace.

I'd hire a secretary to do the paperwork and actually run things while I could just work in the gardens or go traveling.

I'd also get an advanced milling machine and a waterjet cutter and make whatever things people want to pay for.
So, start a small workshop as a side business, I guess.

>tfw I will never live the dream

>How many of you work for big companies and enjoy their jobs? Would you quit if not for the money you get?

I'm an engineer at Google. Personally I absolutely love it. I've heard of bad teams and some bullshit things but I've never been hit by any of that, I got a nice team, nice projects to work on and it's all in all pretty chill. I know several people working at other big companies like Amazon, Facebook, and Microsoft and honestly all of those places sound so much worse (been in Amazon and Facebook offices, Facebook is mostly alright but I got a weird feeling from them).

Would I quit for another job? Probably not, even if they paid me more, I am enjoying my time here and I still got plenty of growth in career so I'll definitely stay for a few more years. I wouldn't be as happy in other companies I've seen.

Working in IT is absolute dogshit if you're not at the top of the chain.

Fuck off Google with your botnet.

I work for a pretty big corp, but our department is pretty laid back. All my managers 3 levels up do actual work and come from the same line of work as I do, and I don't see anyone else who's organizationally above them.
I'm surrounded by competent people, the kitchenette has a wicked coffee machine and tasty tea, three meals a day, the gym is across the street, and I live close by.
Pretty comfy tbqh

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not my field anyway.

I have some funds and I work part time to keep my bank balance stable. 4 to 5 hours a day is enough to make me hate working and whenever they try to advance me because of my skills and experience I politely decline. As few hours and as little responsibility as possible.

The problem I guess is initially putting yourself in a situation where this can work for you. Working is the fucking worst and old timers are fucking stupid for being proud of wasting their lives away in a job.

Your heart will stop if you keep that blow habit up

Do you write that because you know they watch everything you do?

As much as people hate working, infrastructure, food and products are not going to make themselves, at least not yet.

I am against exponential growth, mostly caused by the population endlessly breeding, but someone has to maintain the shit we have and mine/produce the materials for maintenance. But I guess a good 40% of the workforce are glorified paper shufflers, tasks than can be automated and hopefully more will over time.

NEET life is fun and all, until everything breaks and you starve.

Ayo Hol up, at my last break. I highly recommend mechanic jobs.
>diesel mechanic for last 6 years
>getting $67k a year
>30 hour work week
>first and last hour just at desk duties
>four hours in between, haul fucking ass
>boggins the noggin
>additional $8k a year pest killi g gigs for farms/ranches/large property about 16 times a year
>additional $11k DJing once a month for parties/weddings/misc events
>additional $14k a year being part owner of a comfy mini-mart
E S C A P E
S
C
A
P
E
user!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worked in a chain of computer repair shops last year. First job after high-school, i make ~25$ an hour full time.

Its terrible. The company is hella unorganized, which means shit goes wrong all of the time.
Dealing with customers is shit, and the prices are ridiculous scams which makes it worse.

Easy access to parts, working alone, and learning a bunch are the only good parts. Quitting now to study ee.

Word of advice, unless you're completely irreplaceable, there's going to come a day where you're going to fuck up either the job or socially, and 99% of the time, your ass is out the door before you realized what happened. Be careful.

>you know they watch everything you do?
Nah we don't, user. Don't be paranoid lol

I'll be your kid.
Give money pops

I like IT because I've worked way worse. The worst was in a fish plant.

I've worked for a huge company. I hated the corporatism.

Currently work for a small IT company. It's a lot better.

I am above "God tier"
I invested early in crypto and I made millions without moving a finger
Self-employed still has to work a lot

>working in the private sector

You fucked up. Work for the government that way you either can join a union or everyone else will be in one so you can enjoy the benefits regardless. Sure, the downside is the people you are working with will on average be more dumb, but the upside is you can't ever be fired. You also get nice perks like 25min breaks, a ton of vacation time, come in late everyday, overtime if you want it, best healthcare from cucking the tax payers, etc. You are still a wage cuck, but you are at least not an absolute shit tier wage cuck like the private sector ones are.

>Be freelancer
>Be paid for things I would do in my spare time
Feels awesome.