He willingly uploads his exact gps position, all connected cell towers, all nearby wifi aps, everything typed...

>he willingly uploads his exact gps position, all connected cell towers, all nearby wifi aps, everything typed, all websites visited, all user data and much more to google

Remind me again why you haven't left the gapps botnet

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/5/15/15640820/netflix-blocks-app-rooted-android-devices
microg.org/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For the convenience.

Why not?

Got an alternative that has remotely similar functionality?

> muh convenience meme

Basic functionality isn't convenience. Convenience implies the user doesn't care about freedom and just wants to save a few minutes out of their day.

microG

When the fuck do you plan on using MicroG

I've never been on it...

my iPhone 6s doesn't have this problem

doesn't microg still farm all your data like gapps does? or whats theh point of microg?

Never heard of it before. What are the practical tradeoffs?

They do this thing where they willingly tell you what they are doing with the data and I get the chance to agree to it before using it.

You can pick and choose the data you share even with gapps installed so I don't mind

Shitty google apps like books, music, docs, and gmail aren't installed as system apps

I need to provide my GPS coordinates to the botnet for the GPS app to work. If you don't use the keyboard and chrome I don't think it does the other things.

Because I love to have a location history

It does. At least Google doesn't roll over and take it like a bitch when the NSA comes knocking.

Sure, you have a choice to not participate in modern society by not using a cell phone. Real people don't have that choice.

That's it? What about security updates?

>turn off GPS
>don't give location access to any application
I win.

>implying Google is not just an NSA front

You don't need GApps for the GPS to work. There are geolocation backends you can install for a faster GPS lock if desired (look up UnifiedNlp in Fdroid).

>That's it? What about security updates?
Use a custom ROM or compile AOSP from source. This way you never have to worry about not receiving updates because your manufactured decided your model is too old.

>Real people don't have that choice.
WTF are you on? Roll your own if you are worried about others having said data but also want the benefits they provide from your data.

I actually like looking up where I've been previously.

Not like it makes a difference. What are they gonna do, give me ads based on where I've been?

>Android
>updates

Isn't MicroG a custom ROM? I'd have to install updates from them, wouldn't I?

No, it's just a bare bones version of gapps. Most custom rims shop without gapps and it needs to be installed separately

I know but I'm too lazy to flash a rom without the botnet and do all of that. Unless I do everything through TOR or something NSA is going to collect lots of data on me anyway and I can be tracked with silent SMS no matter what I do unless I get a phone where you can pull the battery. It feels pointless to resist

*roms

So I can sideload updates from AOSP just fine? It won't break when it doesn't see GMail or other botnet apps on my phone?

If you install an AOSP it likely won't have gapps at all, but if you install one (like MicroG) that will give you Play Store access and gmail, along with all the other google apps, can be installed as normal. They just won't be saved in the system partition is all

Is it safe to assume it's pre-rooted?

I rushed and got a phone that can't be rooted (LGH-635)

I haven't had gapps in a little under two years.

Depends. Some custom roms come pre-rooted while others require SuperSU

theverge.com/2017/5/15/15640820/netflix-blocks-app-rooted-android-devices

MicroG still does everything listed in the OP, it just does it without being propriety and closed source software.

Do apps to hide root not exist anymore? I know I used to use one all the time when I used Android for TWC's app

I send my coordinates to my mummy when I'm not at home using Google Player services (tm) using an Android app

Magisk hides root from those apps I'm pretty sure

Prove it by showing the relevant source code

Buy unregistered sim use an used/stolen phone catfish everything and your fine

It's really useful in my everyday life and privacy is an illusion anyways

Had to select like 20 storefronts to post this

dude this is Sup Forums, they will cry about muh windows and telemetry but use android

"Although most microG components are far from complete, users are amazed by the results. Free software users got extended application support, privacy-caring users can reduce or monitor data that is sent to Google and especially older phones can expect some battery life improvements. microG is not only used on real devices, but also replaces Google tools in test emulators and is even used in virtual mobile infrastructure."
microg.org/

"privacy-caring users can reduce or monitor data that is sent to Google"

Microsoft has a long history of abusing the trust of those it collects data from and actively working to reduce Internet freedoms. Google, for all of its (many) flaws, does not have that history.

What is your sim card and ip adress? You don't use vpn nor tor.
Die already, scum.

>Convenience is a meme
This is why there will LITERALLY NEVER be a year of the linux desktop

Yes, because *convenience* is the issue there rather than unreliable support for a number of software packages that work just fine on Windows (WINE not working due to missing fonts isn't something that flies for normies). Also its reputation as a consumer desktop has been damaged from its early failed attempts in the early 2000s. Printers not working right and a productivity suite that's lagged behind Microsoft Office in usability for years also contributed to that reputation.

Here's your (you). Your willful misreading of my response was done well enough to earn that.

Why didn't you just return it?

Yes, microshit has. Google was participating in prism program. Your goverment had access to your g and ms account.
Google isn't reducing internet freedoms? That can't even be a bait.
Btw, does it even matter? I'm not willing to sell myself to some corporation because they locked me from bought device and told me that I "own" it, like, software-side too to some extent at least. But if u are okay with being cuck and supporting google with your data=money.. I guess it wasn't really your choice, people are born as slaves.

>implying I don't use AFWall
>implying I don't use Orbot
I deleted gapps after rooting, but some time after I needed the playstore and microg worked fuckall

I'm talking of Microsoft selling consumer data and actively litigating against FOSS and trying to kill user freedoms and enforce lockin at every opportunity.

Google does not have that history.

There's more to privacy than just the NSA.

>dependent on non-free sw
proprcuck
Btw what is yalp and what is freedom? If u will be dependent, you will never ever have an opportunity to make a descision, like which rom u flash or whatever. There will be none. Future is proprietary because fucktards like you.

>not just using yalp store
my sides what a fucking tech illiterate faggot you are trying to be pretentious by bragging about your high tech apps

>Google does not have that history.
Yes, google does the same, just way more smarter.
>There's more to privacy than just the NSA.
That's the thing u dont get.

I turned those options off.

>inb4 implying turning them off does anything
>inb4 providing no evidence otherwise

Are you a terrist?

Fuck off leddit

Ahmed detected

They were one of the first PRISM partners you dumb fuck

r u a terorist cuz BOOM

>Basic functionality
google actually has some insane features up their sleeves. The photos app lets you just query your photos and the image recognition finds whatever you look for. A bit scary but fuck that's useful

Cute little faggot pog. Been to way more cuntries as a civie. Got nato and me gong you fucking shit kicker.

> Yes, google does have the same, just way more smarter.

Citation needed.

> That's the thing u don't get.

I don't get what autists think, no.

Here's your (you). Make your shitposts more entertaining next time. You bore me.

The government isn't the only entity that can violate your privacy you dumb fuck.

> Actually being an amerilard

Why would Google knock on the door of their own house?

>superSU
Magisk.

the Apple iPhone with iOS doesn't have this problem, or any analytics or telemetry for that matter.

must suck to have to use american websites because your country is vastly inferior. really activates the inferiority complex I bet.

That's only logical since you're connecting to google services with it (play, mail, etc.), but it doesn't send anything besides what you willingly connect to (this is easily verifiable with any system monitoring app). Also, those of us who want/need to use google services without having our entire phones watched at all times this is a good alternative to Gapps

>tfw escaped google botnet by changing to BB10 on a Blackberry Classic
>tfw use Xubuntu as my daily driver with StartPage as my search engine
>tfw use noscript and only allow Google scripts on 4chins to post

if i got an app that needs jewgle maps, will microG suffice to make it work or will i need to also reinstall maps?

Just use OSMand~. Has offline, contour, navigation, etc. Get a good POI interpreter and you're good to go

that is, unless you mean some shitty app with google maps embedded. in that case, delete that app.

I've tried OSMAnd. It's missing a ton of addresses. I end up having to guess at a nearby location it has stored and hope that's close enough I can figure out the rest of the way on my own.

bus app with embedded google maps, don't know why they don't just use their own fucking map it's a small city

because I never do anything or buy anything. They only want to track normies to sell them more stuff.

>implying you don't care about privacy is freedom

you don't directly use OSMand~ to search, you need a POI interpreter. That interprets an address to a GPS coordinate pair which OSM accepts directly. I've used Acastus in the f-droid repo.

What's the best RSS reader to manage hundreds of YouTube subscriptions? NewPipe finally works with 1080p60, so I don't need gapps.

Is there any way to integrate it into OsmAnd~? Like... if I type 42 Lincoln Street in Acastus it translates it into longitude and latitude for its exact position but if I type it in OsmAnd~ it just shows Lincoln Street as a result and not the exact address.

First I've heard of this. Why is that not bundled into OSMAnd~?

Last I used it, if you tapped on the position in Acastus it would open in OSMand~

Because it requires a lookup service I assume. Google's is of course Google's, there are a few. You can also run your own server if you wanted. OSM is just maps. All the addons are what make it a competitor to GMaps from what I can tell. Think of OSM as the Linux kernel and all the other modules as part of the GNU operating system.

>Last I used it, if you tapped on the position in Acastus it would open in OSMand~
I know but I asked for a way to integrate it into the search inside OsmAnd~ instead of first having to open Acastus

>hundred of youtube subscriptions

You don't watch 99% of that shit

That I don't know. I use BB and paper maps now to avoid Google botnet.

How the hell have dedicated GPS devices such as the kind Garmin makes been able to do address-specific lookups with a database that isn't crippled? I have a very hard time believing good local lookups are impossible. OSMAnd~ already has some that's downloadable and locally queryable. Why not all?

Of course not, that's why I use an RSS reader to choose what videos I want to watch.

Wut. Apple literally fought the fbi in the san bernardino case.

Printers STILL don't work right fyi

Linux has awesome printer support now

I don't know for sure, I was just postulating. Garmin and TomTom, etc, all made their own databases or purchased from others. Most people don't map addresses to locations for free.

Hell, it wasn't until recently that you could update the maps on your TomTom or Garmin for free.

The NSA doesn't need to "come knocking" when it comes to Android, the doors are all wide open.

I just installed lineage without gapps on my moto g4p, lets see how long i can last.