I got a free RX570. I currently run a GTX780. Is it an upgrade or do I sell?

I got a free RX570. I currently run a GTX780. Is it an upgrade or do I sell?

It's equal or worse in some cases. Just sell it.

or use it in another build? I don't get why people don't keep a spare equivalent part should their current, older gen, part fail.

Lol not exactly my man, 570 has about half the power draw, has more vram in the trunk, and realistically has far higher performance with new APIs. Not to mention check recent benches of games if they even mention the 780, it gets kicked pretty hard in the shins by these new games. I use a 980ti myself, but I'd feel pretty comfy on a 570 or 580 myself.

The 570 is much better

Thanks. I think I'll sell my GTX780.

All I want to play anyway is Overwatch and Quake Champions on 1080p@144hz. Considering QC will support Vulkan I think I should be fine. Going to butcher the settings to as low as possible anyway for competitive reasons.

>rx 5700

It's just a 7970 rebrand

Yep. I have a 390x and it's just a rebrand of a fucking HD4870.. I've only learned this yesterday.

It's at least 70% better on average and similar power usage, so much better perf/watt. A significant upgrade.

>worse
>equal
Hahahahaha

>similar power usage
780 is 6pin + 8 pin.
570 is 1 6pin or 8pin on custom board.

The rebranding actually goes all the way back to the x1000 series.

Sell 570 if u need money, sell 780 if you dont plan on buying a new gpu anytime soon

1060 3gb can run overwatch at 120hz at high-settings, considering both cards are similar you don't necessarily have to butcher the settings. The PC i used at PCbang had i5-7600k though

>Implying the hd4780 isnt a rebrand of the 9800pro. Which is itself simply a rebrand of the 9700pro.

upgrade definitely, especially efficiency wise.

Great, except nobody cares about that gimped retarded stepchild version of the 1060

kek, my 760 gets 100+fps on OW ingame on high 1080p, only the title screen gets ~80, i don't know what you people are doing to not get 144+fps with that specs.

Hey, you're the guy from reddit!

Dual wield it

/thread

What the fuck?

The 570 is as strong as a 480, which trades blows with a 980.

>GTX780
Senpai stop it, it hurts. It was as fast as a GTX970 until they gutted the performance by like 20%. Fucking Nvidia man.

Yeah, but the 9700 Pro was something like 8 years ahead of its time.

Where do you think you are?

im a retard that doesnt understand architectural differences: the post

They performed around the same with 970 a little bit ahead, until they gutted the drivers and support.

try mining cryptocurrency with it, honestly

No? The 390/x are rebranded 290/x which is /new/ silicon it doesn't go back any further than that