I just bought rx 580 but on screenfetch says rx 480

I just bought rx 580 but on screenfetch says rx 480.
pls respond

because it's a rebranded 480 lol

-1/10 troll.
kys.

fail

I am srs

Have you tried replacing the RX 480 currently in your system with the RX 580 you purchased?

I had Radeon HD 4850 before this

Well, it's just an overclocked 480 after all.
What you should really be asking is why you bought an AMD GPU if you're going to be running Linux, as their drivers are shite.

nvidia shill is expensive

>Linux
>ARCH linux
>Linux with AMD
>ARCH LINUX with AMD

hahAAAA

>What you should really be asking is why you bought an AMD GPU if you're going to be running Linux, as their drivers are shite.

I've ran Arch for several years now, on both NVIDIA and AMD GPUs. NVIDIA are by far the worse of the two. I had an totally inexplicable bug for close to a year where the GPU driver simply would not wake back up again after sleep, making sleeping the machine impossible unless you killed X blind after waking back up. Getting multi-monitor (or at least triple monitor) displays to work on NVIDIA is significantly more hassle, the drivers require a kernel module to not fuck up the login shell, the insistence on having pages and pages of Xorg.conf for no good reason... It was just endless strife.

For comparison I have had exactly zero issues with AMD. None.

amd drivers are good as long as you aren't using some obscure low end gpu.

>amd drivers are good
Have i been living under a rock?

yes you have

I honestly don't undestand why people make gaming PCs and then install Linux on them. Literally why.

I love Linux and use it daily, but on my laptop that is nowhere near a gaming machine. I do have a high-end pc for gaming but I have Windows on it.

Explain to me why you do dis OP.

gpu passthrough

should have made it zsh
could have done a better trolljob

It's a systemd or arch problem.

This, but then why would you care what screenfetch said as long as it shows up correctly under Windows?

Yes. The open source AMD drivers on Linux are really good right now and they keep getting better with every message release.

Funny I have an RX 480 and it gets mistaken for an RX 580. No joke.

Stop making a mockery and help me fix this. How did you get it to state 580?

the drivers are so good they can't even detect which year your gpu was made topkek

>Rebrandeon

umm because Windows is proprietary software? Are you seriously suggesting that I run non-GPL slaveware on a computer within a 1 mile radius of my house REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes.
The open source are actually good because AMDs last open source guy did not quit for a different job unlike another card manufacturer.

570 and 580 are slightly better and updated versions of their 400 series counterparts, I wonder why they still sell 400 series these days