Background Check

Just got an official job offer from a local IT company after interviewing, and the only thing left to do is the background check. Questions:

1. What do they usually look for?
2. What should I disclose up front, if anything?

Have you been arrested for anything?

criminal records, obviously
they can also look at credit, loan history, and tax information, the latter of which can be used to verify your employment

they may contact references at this stage but i don't think anyone bothers

Even if they did they can't talk shit. Could be taken as slander.

>bg check
>Sup Forums

Into the trash it goes

Holy shit. Is that really legal in the US for an employer to request that information?

"Most states allow employers to refuse employment to anyone with a conviction record and many even allow employers to refuse applicants with an arrest record"

heheheheh i've done such felonous shit so many times and i've never been arrested once, yet some kid can get caught with a few grams of weed and get a big black mark on his record + jail time

i've trafficked heroin lol, one time through TSA with a gram in my sweatshirt i put through the xray machine.

Usa is so fucked up

they check with your isp if you ever went to Sup Forums.org

>refuse employment to anyone with a conviction record
That's how you become the country with the highest percentage of the population in prison I guess.

>arrest record
How can that even be a thing?

Why should an employer be allowed to look at your credit/loan history?

If you didn't lie about your employment history and you've never been convicted of a felony (and you're not currently awaiting trial) it's fine.

It's primarily to keep blacks from voting

>with a gram
WE'VE GOT A MADMAN OVER HERE

>Why should an employer be allowed to look at your credit/loan history?
maybe you are going to be using the companies money for things and they want to see if you are responsible with your own money

>That's how you become the country with the highest percentage of the population in prison I guess.
That has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of minimum wage jobs available to felons and the like. The reason the prison population is so high is because like 50% of people who go to prison return, and that's probably because of a large number of social factors in prison and post prison

>Why should an employer be allowed to look at your credit/loan history?
because what the fuck are you gonna do about it, nerd?

Not that user, but everything you mentioned is considered standard procedure from a Human Resources perspective in the US. Lower-paying jobs don't care as much about your credit history, but a criminal record will bar you from a lot of options. The biggest sector for "regular" employment is retail and service sector, and you handle credit cards and cash. If you have any priors they'll see you as a liability. Having said that, lots of small business owners don't take the time to do background checks at all, and it often bites them in the ass.

>1. What do they usually look for?
Felonies

>2. What should I disclose up front, if anything?
Felonies

>There are plenty of minimum wage jobs available to felons and the like.

no there aren't
There are thousands of people without records who would kill to work for walmart or mcdonald's, why should they hire someone who's spent time in jail?

rhetorical question because they are occasionally enticed to do so by tax breaks or the like but they still generally don't. this causes a pattern of recidivism

thats 200$ worth, not a ton but at least ten times what a normie would do to get high for 8+ hours.

thats just the most i've brought into an airport

i had a response typed out but then i realized you see the job market as "walmarts" and "mcdonalds" when those are literally the top of the bottom of the barrel jobs. (IE for young adults and old people looking for something to do and a little extra income)

Factory's which have high turnover rates will always hire whoever the fuck because that's all they can get. Felon or not.

I KNOW because i've spent plenty of time working in industrial bakeries or misc factories. It's criminals, immigrants, and drug users, every time.

hope you're not a dual citizen :^)

probably just a CRB check senpai, if youve no got a criminal record you'll be fine

Does this usually include all arrests or just convictions?

It doesn't include minor things like parking tickets, public intoxication, public nudity, etc. I've had to pay fines for all of those and my criminal background check comes back spotless.

public nudity is anything but minor in the states, that puts you on a registry.

>because what the fuck are you gonna do about it, nerd?
I roll a d20 to hack the credit check so that it appears that they owe me money.

Source?

>1. What do they usually look for?
Criminal records

>2. What should I disclose up front, if anything?
Just give them exactly what they ask for, nothing more, nothing less.

what if they ask for the d

Then you give them all the D they can take.