Where were you when AMD literally BTFO'd Intel's top-of-the-line processors?

Where were you when AMD literally BTFO'd Intel's top-of-the-line processors?

Verily good sir, thoust cannot play ye olden shooting games of yore on that.

AMD is now the choice for linux devs to compile their kernel. That's about it.

A single Epyc curb stomping dual Xeons.

Dumbest comment award. Do you even know what a server is? What a datacenter does? Fucking hell.

Next you're going to tell me all that datacenters and servers do is compiling code.

Congrats, you fell for the 'X can do Y in my specific parameters better so X is better for everything' pitch. You are a certified idiot.

But it can do everything better.

nice one retard, baited.

Considering the first demo for Naples featured a completely different workload and it crushed Intel even harder then I'm going to go out on a limb and say EPYC is just a competent design.

AMD confirmed official CPU of Gentoo.

our boys in red did it.

Intel has had 98% server market share for over 10 years
Doesn't matter how good EPYC is, doesn't matter how efficient it is, it's not going to change that. Just like how Ryzen did not change intel's marketshare. AMD sat around for too long, their time to come back was years ago and they missed it. All we can do now is pray but that won't do much.

And Zen seems to do well with transactions per second in PostgreSQL, compression, some hash functions, OpenSSL, JVM and compiling.

Which seems good for servers, depending on what you do.

You do know that in the first quarter that only had three weeks AMD gain significant market share over Intel right?

That's three weeks AMD gained what was it 3% or 4% of the market share for the desktop back while Intel's quarter sales were down 7% meaning that it wasn't just people who only owned AMD CPUs that upgraded, and let's not forget that that was the first quarter that the desktop market share actually had an upturn in what years?

>inb4 shills hating each other

Correlation equals causation right?
the 7700k was a pile of shit, ryzen didn't take 4% marketshare
Intel still has 70% marketshare in desktops
98% marketshare in servers
Nvidia has 80%+ marketshare in GPUs

They are going to need alot more then a new desktop and server architecture to get out of the tens of millions they are losing every year. This isn't fanboyism because I don't give a shit about any of them, they could all go away for all I care, this is just the truth

>this dumb goy
What next, it cant play game ?

>$500 1800x not even 10 seconds faster than 7700k in after effects
I thought you guys were about price to performance?
>inb4 muh higher scores in handbreak
ok but isn't the 1700 a better value and still performs better than the 7700k? why isn't that on the list?

the majority of the adobe suite isnt on the list because ryzen performs meh in it
this is about all applications shill

I didn't even shill anything I was just questioning the absence of the far more attractive 1700
Jesus you guys are jumpy

Oh shit, nigger!

How could Intel let this happen?

>compiling linux kernel
So what happens when you do something useful?

They're just your typical AMDrones.

AMD's fucking terrible community is what makes me not want to buy their products, but the 1700 was too attractive of a buy.

Good thing Pooga is looking like it'll be a flop.

If they didn't AMD would be dead and Intel would be dead as well

>AMD's fucking terrible community is what makes me not want to buy their products
oh wow you really had to show you were retarded did you

Meanwhile, in the business world, all server software is licensed per core. So when you tell me that you have a 48 core chip, I think "oh great, that's a $200k SQL Server license". If I can get similar performance out of a 20 core Xeon guess which one I'm going to pick?

Good luck scaling 7700k in 32/64 configuration

>Computing Linux kernel

Any other more relevant benches for a workstation, rendering or encoding specifically?

I'm tired of AMDs CPUs and GPUs always being tested on the exact same 2-3 things every fucking times. Linux Kernel and fucking Ashes of the Singularity.

>Epyc

This is going to be that 32 core billionaire 1000 Kilowatt datacenter shit right? What's the name for their line of 16 cores? I want a powerhouse workstation

>Meanwhile, in the business world, all server software is licensed per core.

Shit, that must fucking blow.

I do 3D modelling and rendering so I pay for the package, cores irrelevant. I can't fucking imagine how quit I'd quit this job if I was paying for VRay by the core.

As more and more moves to the cloud it gets worse - you pay per core hour used

Ryzen Threadripper?

EPYC THREADRIPPING BULLDOZER PILEDRIVERS
Mmmm tastes like curry in here boys

Threadripper
or "tedripple" as raja call them

>EPYC
>RYZEN
>RYZEN MASTER
what kind of retarded 12yo faggot comes with these names

Guess what, the 20 core Zen beats the 20 core Xeon
It's not just more cores per socket, it's faster cores, more efficient, and much more ram and IO per socket

>compiling linux kernel

Nobody gives a fuck

Fuck AMD is so fucking shit, do something we actually care about

Installing gentoo is all we care about.

this is Sup Forumsentoo you know

With the CPU market, they only launched the highest end of the consumer chips, and had a severe motherboard shortage along with massive motherboard problems at a time when DDR four is the most expensive it's ever been and am's these still it's desktop market share compared to Intel, along with it being the first quarter where the desktop PC wasn't declining.

Now with CPUs AMD's pretty much golden. All they really need to do is make something compatible and more powerful it isn't like the GPU market where Nvidia has proprietary instruction sets that AMD can't use.

On the GPU side the consumer market is pretty much all but fucking gone for AMD they're never going to get the market share back Nvidia has too strong of a hold. I mean seriously talk to these retards and they say shit like 'fucking AMD they can't make a high-end GPU so my Nvidia costs more' because AMD was never an option to them even if AMD put out a GPU that was five times more powerful they would still go Nvidia.

Now in the consumer space AMD has yet to launch the AP you line which will largely be laptop hardware, and we've already seen that they have a deal with alien ware for their 12 core CPUs, and if AMD's GPs are actually efficient in their design, they could cut back a lot or highly been them and put them in laptops for a premium. In the professional space AMD's going to have a bit of a hurdle to go over but the biggest factor here is compute and it seems like AMD's doing pretty fucking good with that, so they got a good portion of that down. If they bring out open our custom binaries for AMD GPU's that could cut into Nvidia's market share there easily.

what did you use to "type" this post?

this is the only reason i come to these threads

>AP you
Voice recognition I guess?

AMD really needs a supercomputer deal with this, something to get them a little bit of halo marketing.

Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13, my keyboard has a few keys that double or triple type, I need to fix that, and Dragon is a fresh install so it has pretty much none of my old speech patterns so it fucks up, and then when I read it back I read it correctly so I don't notice the errors unless there fucking glaring but even then I miss shit all the time.

It's either I post it right now and I'm in the conversation or I wait a few hours so it's not fresh on my mind and the threads that.

I should also mention I forget say the punctuation a lot to, that something I get used to saying again.

Have there been any price hints for 10+ core CPUs at the investor event?

IT'S ALL THAT FUCKING ASSHOLE ANTI-SEMITE JIM KELLER'S FAULT.

The reason that we even knew about AMD's 32 core CPU a long time ago was because of cern's leak. Having your CPUs being the CPU that one of mankind biggest scientific projects is using would prior be a pretty big halo for them.

Phil prime be a GPU-based supercomputer and the CPU base supercomputer by the end of the year from AMD, Now that they have something that could realistically be used in one again

Up through 12 cores it's gonna be less than Intel's charging, but after 12 cores AMD had a history of hiking the price is pretty high when Intel has no answer. Intel for their 16 cores apparently charged over $3200 so if AMD wants to charge up to about 2500 they probably be justified there. But this is just speculation I think the got a price match up against Skylake E, so the 16 cores going to be ballpark what Intel charges for their 12 maybe 500 less maybe 500 more.

And you save a lot on the electricity and fire enshurance.

FUCK YOU JIM KELLER

Meanwhile, you never saw that business world.
Most of those applications and databases run in VMs where you have absolute control over how many cores you assign them.
EPYC being able to deliver more cores at lower or equal TDP compared to Intel is God-send for blades and other high-density solutions used for redundant hosting of many VMs.

Why didn't they call it Epyon.

Because Bandai.

Yeah but who gives a shit when Intel CPUs will give me more FPS when I play CS 1.6 at 640x480???? AMD BTFO again!!!!

When will RAMlets and corelets ever fucking learn?

>THREADRIPPER! Cuz it has a ton of threads and RIPS AND TEARS your applications! Rawr!
>EPYC! Cuz it's like, totally epic! It's gonna be yuge! Epically yuge! The most epically yuge thing that ever

How many beer kegs did the marketing team go through to come up with these names?

About as many as NVIDIA did while creating GEFORCE EXPIRINCE, THE WAY ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED.

Precisely 0. Marketing teams are notoriously boring and stupid people.

>using hyper-v for anything

Let's face it, it's all embarrasing shit.

I guess Ryzen is kilo-tasking at best.

We'll see currently Xeons enjoy a 30%+ lead over AMDs best. Hope they bring the heat, lots of ground to cover and contracts to win still.