My sister studies graphic design and insists that the best possible laptop for her is a macbook...

My sister studies graphic design and insists that the best possible laptop for her is a macbook, i told her that i could find one better than that for $500

do you recommend any laptop in particular?

Other urls found in this thread:

emperorlinux.com/mfgr/panasonic/wasp/?tab=overview
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She's probably right.

>graphic design

she's probably right, all the graphics fags use macbergs

So you're just spouting bullshit about Macs in real life that you can't back up?

Delete this thread and reconsider your life, faggot

>graphic design
She is right then

>Macbook
>graphics design

But she's completely right

people over /gd/ says that you shouldn't go for a macbook but don't say which models are better in price/specs

Here you go:
emperorlinux.com/mfgr/panasonic/wasp/?tab=overview

You do realize if anything happens to this laptop she'll just blame you for the rest of your life.

It doesn't matter if it's her fault that she dropped it down the stairs where it kickflipped off the cat and into the toilet. It'll be your fault. Because you suggested it.

Just let her buy what she wants, if she's already decided then you telling her otherwise is just going to cause problems down the line.

THIS. You have no means to back up your argument and so it might as well not exist.

> He fell for the 'Apple is bad' meme.

Should've known better, user.

Sorry user but you said that YOU could find a better one, not that Sup Forums would find a better one. You're shit out of luck

No, all gd programs are ported to windows. What she'll probably need:
Adobe suite
Font editor/creator
If she does a bit of dataviz/programming:
Processing
D3.js
text editor for css/html/jquery

Also the ability to install fonts in TT, OTF postscript and bitmap.
A winblow computer can do that but if she insists on having a mac get her a 2011 13 inch macbook pro, slap a ssd and maybe a new battery and done.

why do women like apple products so much?

read the title as my sisters suicide guides

its a real hoot being a dyslexic let me tell you

Most of the software they use is also available for PC. Most of them use that fucking Adobe creator suite or whatever its called today.
Video producers used to love some mac only software like final cut, but apple fucked it so hard that many people switched to Premiere or other things.

Your sister is deluded, she thinks thatw ay because most people on her course is also using those, There are cool laptops with better hardware for the same price of a mac, but do your fucking homework and research yourself.
>My macuser mental gymnastics and oversimplification
yeah yeah, whatever you say bub, go play with your toys

S A M E F A G
A
M
E
F
A
G

because you wont pop their cherry they have to settle for an apple

be a real man and add some banana grape punch to their bowl and leave the sippy cups to the sissies

Let her buy a MacBook faggot.
Why the fuck are YOU feeling so insecure?

$500 laptops don't have screens with good colour differentiation, which is pretty much the only thing macbooks have going for them and why they are popular with graphics designers.

Dell XPS 13

>Dell

Ahaha gtfo.

I recommend a macbook

They like following trends because they have no thoughts of their own.

Buyer her a system76 laptop
>inb4 Ubuntu causes her to drop out of college

>do you recommend any laptop in particular?
You are not going to find superior hardware for $500 you retard. You also haven't even specified which macbook you are talking about.

If she's gonna pirate the adobe suite good luck cracking it on OSX. It's a painful procedure.
Also, I realise you wanna help, but if it's her money let her Buy whatever the fuck she wants.

It's pretty easy to spout shit with backup. For example, they cost too much for the shitty build quality and specs.

Why is g a bunch of Mac fags?

>i told her that i could find one better than that for $500
Shouldn't have said things you can't back up user.

Is this some kind of a fetish? The same thread was here like a week ago.

Those things can be backed up. You can just look at the 3rd party repair industry and all the Apple Extended Service programs to see proof of the shitty build quality and components. And the fact we are getting dual cores for $2000 in 2017.

However, specifically saying "I can find a better [laptop] for less than $500" when you don't have any in mind and need to ask others to find them for you is fucking retarded.

Lenovo Y50 or it's Dell equivalent.

>girl
>graphics design
She won't settle for anything but a macbook. If you magically make her buy something else then be prepared for being the "cause" of any future problems with the laptop.

Hope you dont treat your kids like this

>i could find
>proceeds to ask on Sup Forums
fucking retard go and buy the macbook and shut the bitch op or do your research yourself

>$500 macbook alternative
>for graphic design no less

No. Just no. You can't get a $500 laptop with good screen and colour quality.
You can get a better laptop at the price of Macbook, mostly because Macbooks were never that good in the first place, but that's completely irrelevant because everyone else at the school will be using a Macbook and that's what will be optimized for in the curriculum.

Something something best tool for the job.

But for graphic design a mac is really great.

If only for the interop with other designers.

To be completely honest any laptop thats good as a MacBook probably costs as much as one. A surface might be good with it's option of a pen interface though.

Doing graphic design she wants a decent screen above all else, and thats often the part of a computer you pay the highest premium for.

Well if you want something with the same formfactor as a macbook pro, all the alternatives are in the same price range.

Listen, the first thing you need to understand is that if someone is insisting that the best laptop for them is a macbook, the best laptop for them is a macbook.

It's the people have the 'well I need to get a macbook but I wish I had options' that you need to convince.

Protip: The staff insists that people get macbooks because graphic design students are retarded and can't work out that a $300 laptop can't render graphical shit.

So campuses mandate macbooks because of the intense standardisation.

>graphic design
>macbook
But that's completely fine

can macbooks render anything now without throttling?

No, which is the big joke.
MacbookPros can render well enough though.

It's not that they're good, it's that they are consistent.

so you can't actually do that?

>for $500

fuck no. for any sort of graphics work, a laptop without a high res quality IPS display is a waste of time. you aren't getting that without paying over $1000

MBP CPUs throttle badly under sustained load. So, consistently throttled.

ask her why its the best.is it have some kind of program that only runs on macos?if you know what she means by best you can figure out how to help her better.

It's a different story if you're the parent. Sibling shit is just tedious.

They are easier to justify to to beat than a sister, it's a whole another situation

Let her get the Mac she needs. Windows versions of the same softwares are often much different. And it's not just a computer; it's also a fashion accessory. Don't you want your sister to fit in with the other basic bitches?

why not get her a maxed out 2012 mbp for 400 instead?

If she gets a mac she won't get this ransomware shit normies get on their windows computers

She's right, unless she's doing web design, in which case she's super right.

I honestly agree with this. I have a 2011 MBP that I got used from a company for free. Shits dope.

>kids
>grown ass sister capable of making her own informed purchasing decisions

Yep, totally analogous.

>you told her you could find a better one for $500
>now you ask us to find it for you first
Kys you're self

Any Dell with Ubuntu Linux®

She's right faggot, quit sperging. IT knowledge isn't this magical tool that make you save hundreds of dollars for "the exact same performance".

For a retarded graphics designer no matter how much better and cheaper a thinkpad can be they will still prefer a base model MacBook air.

She's correct, she'll be a weirdo with anything else

You're not going to find a good laptop for graphic design for $500. It's going to have a shit screen and it's going to run Windows which has disgusting font rendering and horrific colour calibration.

Don't even mention Linux because 99% of the software she needs won't run on it and it has even worse problems when it comes to font rendering and colour calibration.

Disgusting pajeets can't into design and there's good reason why the entire graphic design industry runs on macs.

You're not gonna find better for $500. For $1000 you could, for $1250 you probably will.

ask /gd/ they will tell you she is right
thanks for pic anyway op

kek

Consistent at 800mhz kek

alright ill bite

are we talking about fight club and whats that pic about?

Windows 10 is awful though she'll never get any work done with it, the same with Linux. Whether you like it or not macbook is the only choice for new purchases. The other method would be to go full neckbeard mode and use an original ibm thinkpad with WinPOSReady + legacy software then duct tape all the ports.

>literally using the same sentence
>not even trying to appearing legit
>samefagging this hard

>t. mactoddler

> i told her that i could find one better than that for $500
You are an idiot for coming up with that kind of price point.

The base macbook is $1300

You will either go above your own self imposed budget, or it will be too heavy (compared to the macbook) or won't be a retina/high ppi display.

get the mac faggot

Buy her a used old macbook i don't even know how much this shit cost

>i told her that i could find one
>fuck fuck find one for me

Your goal is not to show here which laptops are better than a mac because you'll be at it forever. Your goal is to show here how fucking shit macs are so she wakes the fuck up.

This.
Your sister is obviously retarded and you are just asking to be her personal tech support for the next few years