AMD recently announced the new vega card

>AMD recently announced the new vega card
>Vega Frontier Edition
>Prosumer card not meant for games
>Vega FE will launch late June
>Consumer vega will come another 6-8 weeks later
>HBM2 supply is limited
>What HBM2 modules that have been produced so far will go to vega FE
>Realistically, we won't see any significant amount of consumer vega cards available until late August at the earliest

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

pro.radeon.com/en-us/vega-frontier-edition/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

THIS IS MY LAST GPU.
STUERRING NO HIGH END
DONT GIVE A FUCK IF MY CARDS CATCHES FIRE.

>Vega Frontier Edition
Space, the final frontier these are the voyages of the starship Vega, its continuing mission to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new loos and streets, to boldly poo where no one has pood before
Vega the next generation

>captcha: Pugsley HEAVER
I swear its fucking on to me

How about you provide sources before you make claims like that

The only thing announced by AMD has been the frontier cards, no talk about consumer Vega coming 6-8 weeks later

Even with SK Hynix being the laziest cunts in the universe they still have more than enough wafer capacity to supply enough HBM2 to everyone.

Just placed an order on a GTX 1070. Anyone else? Fuck waiting, honestly. They've literally been telling us to wait for Vega for years at this point and it just continues to get pushed back.

Enjoy your inferior hardware when June release is announced in May 30th.

>inferior
Lmao AMDrone.

why is AMD always one step behind when it comes to launch, 1080Ti has been in stores for months now along with aftermarket models.
If I am to wait this long the performance better be at least on par with 1080Ti in 4K at launch.

Because it's easier to shit and sell cutdown Titans than new arch with fucking HBM2 on interposer.

What does it matter if it's hbm on interposer?

If it's not as good as what's already available? Also when you buy AMD you buy all the bugs that comes with their fucked up late over hyped launches. That, and you're also paying money to all the stealth marketers that try to convince you that AMD isn't shit everywhere on every fucking forum.

>all the stealth marketers that try to convince you that AMD isn't shit everywhere on every fucking forum.
Have you considered that they're correct and that kind of marketing isn't in AMD's budget?

>why would you use gddr3 if ddr2 works
Huang fuck off you porkshoulders chinkkike.

Whatever they are going to shit out cannot be worth the wait anymore at this point

AMD lost me at "prosumer", and not for gaming.

Prosumer=not competitive in current market, so they'll just place it in a vague category where AMD can contest benchmarks, and comparison as they see fit.

Go back to Sup Forums, retard.

they need to fire raji the poo fuck i am mad

Why. The poo man is nice and usually delivered.

>Have you considered that they're correct and that kind of marketing isn't in AMD's budget?

Yes I have considered "what if the marketing is correct", and yes AMD does have enough funds for stealth marketing. It's not like they pump billions of dollars on TV, or print ads, so they need a cheaper more efficient manner of protecting their brand, and aquiring mind share.

In that case nVidia has 70%ish of the GPU market. So they are able to hire much more 'stealth marketing'.
But do they do it?
i.e. to trash their only competitors name per se?

It was confirmed by Raja in one of his Q&A's

>Go back to X
Is this the new Sup Forums meta? :^)

What was to spook for Sup Forums?

>In that case nVidia has 70%ish of the GPU market. So they are able to hire much more 'stealth marketing'.
But do they do it?

They haven't since they've been caught. Now their marketers pretty much disclose it on forums.

>i.e. to trash their only competitors name per se?

AMD their only competitor? NVIDIA's only competitor is their own older gpus.

When I bought gpus this year my choices were "should I get a 900 series, or a 10000 series gpu".

DELET

>considering legacy GPUs
>ever
my man...

Because

>He doesn't cater to me REEEEEE

I don't like it as well, but I can understand their point: they're focusing on where the money is more easily attainable on a large scale. Like it or not, pc gaming is becoming more and more of a niche; on the other hand workstation cards are always necessary, and ai/machine learning is on the rise. At this moment, if you're buying a gaming card I'd just say grab an nvidia and be done with it.

PC gaming is actually growing and AMD is competitive at low- and mid- range.

You're exactly the prosumer that we've been looking for. $1000, and you can have a gpu that's shit at gaymes, and shit for worstations, but better than a gaming gpu for non gaming applications while still being twice as shit at workstation software, but can game almost as good as a quaddro.

Confused? Good, buy AMD.

Let me rephrase it then. DIY pc is becoming more and more of a niche. On the prebuilt and console side, the winner is whoever gets to strike the business deals with the assembler brands, not necessarily who has the better cards.
And I never said amd can't be competitive at gaming, just that's not their focus right now.

Muh terraflops

1.7 woodscrews porkshoulders begone Huang.

they're going to spread themselves too thin and fail in every market GG NO RE

Oldememes for oldefags.

Samefaggs

I'm digging their new copy Intel & Nvidia naming scheme.
>Ryzen 3,5,7,9
>Vega FE

[citation needed]

I think "prosumer" just means workstation users here. They are consumers for AMD and produce by compiling/rendering stuff

AMD is never going to compete against Nvidia High End, deal with it.

I literally said they are focusing on the moneymaking markets, and you talk about them spreading thin?
I don't know what you're smoking, but I want some of that, seems to be good shit.

If you think about it, that's their best bet. Look at bulldozer for instance: they did bet on developers seeing the advantages of their new architecture, but instead they decided to stick with what works, and BD fell flat on its face.
Might sound counterintuitive, but when you're competing with a strong brand recognition, your best bet is to Ride the wave and beat it at its own game.

Ok, nvidia, here I come

i give them time till computex to tell me some good news but if not im going to nvidia

It just means that it'll have double float precision, no ecc, but it won't be as good for gaming as a GTX, or as good as a Quadro for a workstation.

It'll probably be cheaper than a Quadro, but will game near/better than it. Gaming benches/price comparison will be against a Quadro while workstationesque/scientific benchmarks will be made against the GTX series.

Hype train will derail when they realize that the software they are used to using will have limitations ie; too expensive for a gaming rig, and xfire is shit with whatever industry standard software of choice.

Fucking Sup Forums convinced me to wait for Vega until May. This is it, I am officially pissed off and I am no longer interested in shitty AMD "JUSTWAITFORIT" things. Ordering my GTX 1080 Ti right now.

People acting like you cant sell hardware when vega dumps idiots

>if gaming is your primary reason for buying a GPU, I’d suggest waiting just a little while longer for the lower-priced, gaming-optimized Radeon RX Vega graphics card.
>pro.radeon.com/en-us/vega-frontier-edition/
Just Wait™

how do they wipe their asses?

sure you are

humans have two hands no? Now you know why people hand shake only with right one.

Am i going to regret buying a 1080ti if i'm currently using a freesync monitor?

My monitor is only 1440p/144hz so will the increased frames negate the negative impact of losing freesync?

>will the increased frames negate the negative impact of losing freesync?
yes

DESU I've got 1080/144Hz freesync monitor and I thought freesync was amazing. Playing total war warhammer in huge battles the framerate would drop to 25fps, but it still felt smooth. "Freesync is amazing" I though. Then I realised that freesync wasn't even enabled in the crimson control panel. Enabled freesync and redid the same battle and it made absolutely no difference.

Freesync is a meme.

Since I'm not a retarded intel shill I will wait for AMDs new G Poo U which will absolutely, 100% ruin Nvidia and cause their stocks to skyfall. Just wait you idiots.

All the other times wasn't real AMD.

Source?

>What does it matter if it's hbm on interposer?

It is ten times more difficult to manufacture and you will get absolutely shit yields.

it's not it do make big difference trust me
bad fame rate still do not feel like smooth one but it make colossal difference

45fps on my old pc with old monitor was unplayable
45fps on my current pc and freesync is playable

I miss crt time where fps didnt matter much (as far as refresh rate was concerned)

Another
Massive
Disappointment

Source: My ass.
>What HBM2 modules that have been produced so far will go to vega FE
HBM2 is not that limited. See >Realistically, we won't see any significant amount of consumer vega cards available until late August at the earliest
Sounds like you're making shit up.

I think the reason they've done this is because
>Vega is not faster than GP102
>It is more expensive than GP102 to produce
>Yields are not good enough, supply is limited
All this means they need to find a way to sell an underperform GPU for more than it's competitor, hence the release of this weird "professional" card that has no professional features, and gamer tier branding. It's so that if anyone point's out the performance/$ is shit, AMD can just say "it's not for gamers, lol" similar to how nVidia justified the Titan after the 290X launch. The only people who will buy this card will be hardcore AMD fanboys (of which there is an increasing number recently).

When yields and HBM supply improve to a point where AMD can undercut the 1080ti's pricing, this is when they will launch a "gaming" SKU for Vega.

AMD's graphics division must have been hit the hardest by all the layoffs AMD had back in 2012/13, because from an architectural standpoint everything they've released since Hawaii has been late to market and increadibly underwhelming in performance.

>make shitty thread with fake release dates
>add in some bullshit rumor about HBM2 that was already debunked
>retarded dickslappers show up to spam crying wojaks and poo

Another successful thread on the best board on Sup Forums!

Blame Sup Forums

>disgruntled AMDickhead on suicide watch

nVidiot. Scared of AMD. Fear Vega FE. More fast than Quadro cheaper. Play games while work!

>>Prosumer card not meant for games
maybe it will accidentally be good at games, kek

>tfw AMD has completely abandoned the high end consumer segment

I guess Nvidia really is the way it's meant to be played