How's that startup idea coming along, user?

How's that startup idea coming along, user?

>startup
Why?

still looking for my token pajeet

this is a board for geeks, not business men senpai
nobody here could employ themselves

We just finished the logo and called it a day

I don't have the aptitude nor the patience nor the ambition nor the greed nor the vision

but thanks for asking

I have an idea so far, just need someone to work on it full time for free for 50% equity

Thinking about starting up full-NEET life.

finished my C, just need to add the r, u, d parts

startups are about sales, not ideas, if you have a contract agreement anyone will make it for (u)

Business guys are worthless pricks who contribute nothing anyway.

>sup bro, you're good at that nerd shit, right?
>tell you what, build this app for me and my boys
>we'll let you have 20% of it
>and we'll even let you hang with us

Great we just spent 70% of our budget on orange shoe laces, moral should be high for the next few weeks!

wot m8? money > ur python sk!llz

u can figuratively run startupgenerator.exe and you are good to go
imo that pic is too good to be true

man i really want to work in a small team like that

I have a friend who has an app idea that he thinks is cool and he wants me to code it. He already has a few other successful companies where he does effectively nothing and lives of the money he gets from the stock.

However the app idea is useless because it's backwards, he wants to monetize it in a way that makes it useless for half of the userbase but he doesn't understand and keeps coming to me with the "we'll code it togehter in the summer!", promising me a salary and that he'll fix the server (he doesn't know how to do this (neither do i)).

Ok, forgot where i was going with this.

I have one and it's actually going well. I'd give my left nut for the Australian government to do a program like the university debt program but for start ups.
> borrow a certain amount of money under 100k and pay it back once you start making over 45k per year.

Getting this thing off the ground has been a complete nightmare

>promising me a salary
Nah, get some money upfront or you'll never see it and you'll lose a friend

this man speaks gospel

Everyone i know who wants to have a startup basically wants to just run a company for 1-2 years until they "flip" it to google or Facebook.

They don't want their own product that can stand on it's own strengths.

>app idea is useless

you're about to invent the next facebook

nothing on the market sells quite as well as useless shit.

blame the game not the players

I can't believe how spooked and class-cucked everybody I know is.

Whenever I make a program to do something, one of my normie friends inevitably says "That's really useful dude! You should sell it and make a lot of money! I'd buy it!"

Fucking idiots. When will this ideology die

> He already has a few other successful companies where he does effectively nothing and lives of the money he gets from the stock
>This idea is bad because i say so
Funny enough you're probably right, however you can be widly successful selling subpar or useless shit with proper marketing, see Apple or the botnet juicer

infuriating

Fuck you

>When will this ideology die

What ideology?

pretty okay we just launched and we keep developing features and small changes meanwhile, its pretty comfy for the hectic YEAR we endured so far

I'm more of an ideas guy. I only need some devs and someone to make a Kickstarter pitch video.

>at startup meetup
>one of the speakers is 'serial entrepreneur'
>literally said that he's "the guys with the ideas"

He also talked about 'creating company culture' by putting cringeworthy shit on the walls in the dev room sort of like
var results = combine(CAFF31N3, h4xors)
function work {
move(fast);
break(things);}

Although guys like this are just the symptom. Most of the blame for this disease lies with the cuck devs who are willing to do 90% of the work for 20% of the equity for some extroverted sociopath

bankrupt.

>Not a single woman in the pic

Have some hope.

Hopefully the "startup" meme bubble soon bursts and dies. About time, really.

yea, probably. but i don't think this guys has any marketing skills, and the companies he have are of another weird category: they do something nobody else does so they have the market to themselves, however they don't actually know how to do anything. their contracts for employees is just a contract from another company one of the owners worked for, but with the name changed.

as tho why i think it's a bad idea - part of the app is ranking users on their merits but the monetization is them paying to go higher up. so nobody can be sure why somebody is placed anywhere - and the list is useless.

not gonna invest my time in this, but thanks.

From back when YC was actually good