Not releasing until Christmas

>not releasing until Christmas
>performance is 1080 ti's level at best

Is AMD officially finished? How long until they sell to some chink company?

>one month ago
>VEGA BTFO NOT EVEN 1070 LEVEL!!!

>one week ago
>VEGA BTFO NOT EVEN 1080 LEVEL!!!

>now
>V-VEGA BTFO, N-NOT EVEN 1080Ti LEVEL!!!

>soon
>[increasingly nervous]

?

JUST WAIT BROS
ANY TIME NOW

>mfw volta comes before pooga

IT'S NOT FAIR

With the latest news should i just buy a 1080?

I was waiting for AMD but seeing they won't release for 5 more months and the performance will be garbage i just don't see the point in waiting anymore.

AMDrones suddenly became very quiet. It's time for new hype and spin shit how ayyymd is the best thing ever and you should buy CF 580s while waiting™ for vega.

>Summer release

Guys it's coming out at Christmas!

Will it even make a difference at that point? they won't release anything more powerful than the 1080, everyone is going to have either a Nvidia card already.

>>>/loo/

I waited so long but i think i will wait no more
1st June (if i dont hear something good from amd at 31 may) im buying gtx 1070 i need good 1080p card. Even if it make freesync in my monitor useless.

What i want to hear is:
>Vega c will relase june 5 it will be sub 400$ it will be faster than gtx1070 and no we do not have abvilibility problems.
>Regards Raja

Except it wont happen because as of now you cant even buy fucking polaris refresh because shops are empty.

AMD
M A
DAM

WAIT ™

Official AMD slogan

The 580 is perfectly fine for 1080p.

for 60 fps medium/high in current year may be
not for the future
not for higher settings

and to top it off you cant even buy it since all shops sold out the small stock they had and shelves are empty

i looked through 5 online shoops each had 1 to max 3 models on low stock and at inflated prices

only cheap gigabyte ones left here, and there was more than 3 of each partner model

Jesus tittyfucking Christ, that grammar. What third world shit hole are you from and who is paying you to shit up Sup Forums?

>not recognizing our best friend Ramesh

It would be 1070's performance at best...

so when it comes, there will be the GTX 2060 which will be 75% more performant and cost less. AMD has no clue on how to unbullshit themselves

>Is AMD officially finished? How long until they sell to some chink company?
You know AMD dying means x86 is completely fucked, right? It wouldn't happen at first, but no direct competition means it's only a matter of time.

>there will be the GTX 2060 which will be 75% more performant and cost less
Volta is going to be 20% better at best. And learn some fucking English.

most people don't even buy 1080s.

the gayming children expectations are ridiculous, I've read people wanting titan X performance at 1070 price delivered on the first of june or they'll buy nyidia. I'm not in a hurry and if the product has enough performance worth buying and a good price/performance ratio I'm fine.

>not releasing until Christmas
Haha, who could possibly believe that bullshit! Not like this board is full of retards that spam crying wojaks and memes at the slightest misinforma-

Oh. Right. Best board on Sup Forums!

>Performance increase not a goal until Navi
Gotta wait some more fellas

>Making more shit up
Gotta shitpost some more fellas

16 core ryzen + vega or bust fuck intel and not doing nvidia with ryzen so..... oh well

I still don't know how they pulled Ryzen off and it legitimately seems like Intel won't have anything to match them in that prize segment for at least a year or so.
However, if Vega doesn't at least beat the 1080 (and there's good reason to think it won't) they're fucked. Volta is gonna be here in a few months, and if the performance jump is anything like it was the last few generations AMD's gonna get dusted

Volta is maybe 20% better with 15-20% bigger die. So Vega has all the free time in the world to gain sweet sweet marketshare.

>source: your ass
Do you remember when Pascal was 'just superclocked Maxwell'?

Pascal is superclocked Maxwell. With bigger dies due to dieshrink.

Exactly, and they still got way more than 20% out of it.

implying vega has anything to do with the company's success.

Why do all the Sup Forums kiddies think the majority of people are buying 1080 or 1080 Ti's? Have you looked at the Steam data surverys?

You can't clock Volta higher and you can't make MUCH bigger dies before margins go to hell, so it's another Kepler Refresh.