/mkg/ - Ugly Edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (Why is this in here twice? lol)
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (Is this guy just sitting on his ass? Its been what 4 or 5 months?)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Freeing-shipping-keycaps-blank-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-black-thick-keycap-for-mx-wried-mechanical-gaming/32797695882.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1652
kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/tada68-mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils?variant=34710238797
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4dwyzn/b87_clone_from_taobao/
aliexpress.com/item/96-DIY-Kit-Mechanical-Keyboard-Customized-Set-PCB-Case-Plate-Stabilizers-Underglow-RGB-Free-shipping/32733608635.html
kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/kbd75-keyboard-set
amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-GATERON-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01E57PT4A
amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-GATERON-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01E57PUNA
amazon.com/DREVO-84-Key-Tenkeyless-Mechanical/dp/B01H6DHITE
amazon.com/dp/B01N4A2IGN
youtube.com/watch?v=aKKEeVcvap4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cueb.de delibering to australia?

australia is a keyboard dead area.
no one is delivering here

source: kangaroo

is lubing switches a meme? where can i find a guide to do this?

China does

Always bet on China

It's entirely unnecessary unless you're a MAXIMUM SMOOTHNESS autist from Geekwhack

REMINDER

compact keyboards are meme shit

hard to argue with those digits, but i'd like to state that compact keyboards are utilitarian

I've lubed switches and it's worth it if you have the time.

Best layout.

to have the keys bunched so closely together is retarded useless if the board is 60-65% or less.

compact 75%? autist
96key? autist
compact fullsize? autist

I agree

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What? Don't pretend that you never got a compact memeboard and then ended up making a numpad for it so you could do actual work.

Oh I thought you were referring to 60% as compact.
But yeah, nah, I agree, 104-key compact is retarded

But muh sexy 1800 layout

buy it

It's ugly

Why?

no it's not
because i said so

Yes it is, it looks live every other floating keycap chinkshit board

My mummy told me not to listen to strange men on the internet

no

But this one has an acrylic ring in the middle of the case halves for rgb sideglow

show me one chinkshit that looks like it and has similar features
im your mummy
k

And an ugly-ass bezel to go with it. They should've given it a proper case at that price point.

>rgb sideglow
When did /mkg/ come to be about bling and stupid shit instead of typing bliss?

>rgb sideglow

Anything that magicforce makes looks very similar, minus the plastic bottom case. The whole RGB and floating keycaps stuff makes it look like cheap chinkshit.

I don't see what's so alluring about that board, it's just a TKL with RGB lighting. I'd rather get a ducky if I wanted fancy lights. Sure this k-type thing has some nice features, but that doesn't stop it from being overpriced and ugly as shit.

>Be me
>Shitposting on Sup Forums and using my cellphone
>Open pokemon go!
>Then, trying to catch a charmander spotted on my desk
>ButterFingers.webm
>Cellphone fall like a stone on my keyboard
>Shiiiiiiiiiet
>Check damage control
>Press Z and not be able to hear that delicious "click"
>But the key still working

Did I broke that switch? Exist any way to open that little shit to check it, but without rip the welding? Help.

Also:
At the last thread someone post a video related with nigger(brown) swtiches, the problem is that my keyboard has transparent switches like pic related. On that shit has wrote: "RGD"

take apart your keyboard

desolder the switch

take apart the switch

assess the damage

>>>ripster
He has guides on everything, I like lubing my stabs but I haven't tried switches.

whats wrong with floating keycaps? isnt it easier to clean keyboards with floating keycaps?

afaik it's mainly done for linear switches, mx black in particular. if you lube a clicky switch you might ruin the click.

What should I get with Yuri? I kinda want icon mods cause they're cool, kinda want a dox kit to do a dox.

By the time it shows up I'll have 3 or 4 60%, a TKL, a 96 key, a 65% and a 40%. I don't really know what other "normal" layout I even need, but I honestly don't really think the dox is that great. And if I don't like it, then I have the awesome Keyset without icon mods or anything cool like that.

What do /mkg/

In any hobby/interest with actual substance, you would be ridiculed for something like that. In the context of music for example - owning a very expensive instrument and being unable to play it well is seen as retarded. Particularly retarded if you talk about it and draw attention to that instrument. It's cool if a kid inherits a nice instrument from their family member or something, but a dipshit going out of his way to buy something expensive because he feels he needs it before he can string a few chords together is ridiculous.

If said dipshit said something like "I can afford it, why the hell not?", he'd still be ridiculed, because musicians know how useless the advantages of a good quality instrument are in the hands of someone who plays poorly. If he actually resorted to something mind-numbingly stupid like implying that these dissenting voices are "jealous poorfags" -- well, I know of some circles where said dipshit would be deemed so intolerably stupid so as to be promptly beaten up.

But in the world of mech keebs, you got a 60 WPM snail diving straight for a topre board and this is seen as completely normal. Congrats man! Nice cop, wish I had one! Typing speed and consistency is rarely even talked about, it's like a sideshow to what really matters - buying shit over and over again with barely any idea as to why.

Meanwhile, most typists barely even care which keyboard they're using, they'll type on whatever. Probably unaware of the zillion-and-one dumb layouts, unaware of custom keycaps and their various profiles and certainly unaware of "artisan" caps, which is something even Sup Forums dweebs renounce as incredibly stupid. How many typists know or care what a fucking "zealio" is? There are grannies out there out-typing you on scissors switches and the most they could muster at this bizarre hobby is a confused smile.

Got respect for peeps who make their own boards, the rest of this scene is quite evidently a passing fad with no real value.

Since GMK carbon is dropping after yuri, my worry is that they will jack up the prices since it was the most popular gmk set.

Were did you spill over from? I'm gonna say geekwhack. How about you take your generalizations and go back there.

>owning a very expensive instrument and being unable to play it well is seen as retarded
i'll buy an expensive instrument if i want to. who cares what neckbeards like you think about it? and mechanical keyboards aren't even expensive. you can get a quite decent one for $30-100. sour grapes much?

i do agree that someone in this "hobby" should know how to touch type, but why are you assuming that it's all about typing speed. it's more about ergonomics and customization and such.

GMK carbon isn't dropping after Yuri, SA Carbon is. GMK is next year

the only bigger wastes of money than gmk and other abs shite sets are artisans

Not all people with sport cars are racer.

>TKL
>2017

They're just fine in terms of functionality, but making them not look like shit on a board isn't easy. The k-type has ultimately failed at that.

>SA Carbon
Estimated release date: Summer 2019

Have you actually tried GMK? It's high quality.

>ABS
I don't care how "high quality" you say it is. ABS will always be shit.

So you're irrational. Got it.

Is WASD a bad buy?
I'd like a keyboard with complete blank keycaps for maximum edginess, what are my options?

pick almost any keyboard except for WASD and buy thick pbt blank keycaps

aliexpress.com/item/Freeing-shipping-keycaps-blank-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-black-thick-keycap-for-mx-wried-mechanical-gaming/32797695882.html

>Budget
$300
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
The best for a combination between gaming and
comfy typing
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
Tenkeyless
>Backlight
Yes
>Previous/current keyboards
Corsair k90 with red switches, I hate typing in this shit no key feedback at all

WASD has poor build quality and shitty caps.

just buy any keyboard then get $20 PBT blanks from china.

or get a real force black on black

So you're delusional. That's okay though you're in good company here

Topre Realforce 45g
Pok3r
KUL
Filco

blue cheese keyboard?

looks fine to me

i prefer the ktype design over the ducky shine 6 floating key design

I'm sure they are until they inevitably start going to shit, like all ABS caps.

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1652

it's supposed to look like porcelain

Anyone know where I can cop this keyboard? It's memeshit but I love it

kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/tada68-mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils?variant=34710238797

Its the tada68. You can find it pretty much anywhere that sells keyboards. Aliexpress, candykeys, originative, taobao, and KBD has them

Thanks senpai

>200 dollars for RGB bullshit

No, my Magicforce 68 is just fine thanks.

Finaly got Team Wolf TKL with swapable switches + bag of 90 green gaterons for 83.24$ from assdrop.
Did I do good /mkg/ considering getting mech board with any kind greens in EU is not that easy?

I have this keyboard and your keycaps gave me eye cancer.

I could use your advice /mkg/ Ive been spending a ton of time on massdrop and amazon looking at stuff. trying to find the right thing for me:

* up to $300
* low profile base (flush w/ keys) preferred metal
* full-sized (numpad nice but optional)
* mx cherry brown
* dye cast keys
* no backlight or colorful leds
* preferably a solid color
* primary use is for programming/coding

Ive been looking at some of the majestouch boards as well as leopolds and like the look of them. it would be nicer to find something full sized with a base similar to the vortex core that has that spartan look.

there is also a part of me that wants to find a model M with the numpad and some RGB keys for it but thats another story

>tfw I thought the same thing and got super excited for a second
Fuck that was disappointing. I'm in medical too, those keycaps would be perfect. Guess we are never going to see a second drop for pulse keycaps. Just fuck my shit up.

If you want a model M with RGB keys them just go buy one. It would run you like 80 bucks for a new keyboard and the keys would be another 7.

I know, Im probably going to just so that I have it but I still want to see if there is something modern that is more minimalist I can use at the office. i think mx browns are generally a bit quieter over all compared to the model M springs right?

They are, but just know that the sound of bottoming out is louder then the actuating mechanism of the switch. With your requirements:
>low profile base (flush w/ keys) preferred metal
Your browns will be even louder then a Filco with blues

noise level aside, are you guys aware of anything that fits the profile? Im sort of leaning towards leopolds atm

there are plenty of keyboards that do. If you want something minimalistic why not get a Ducky One with dye-sub PBT keycaps?

Someone give me a list of drops that are happening.

What's happening after Yuri?

Is Laser going to drop.

geekhack.com

Anyone recommend a good tenkeyless mechanical keyboard? Preferrably with red/brown switches, backlit (but no rgb bullshit).

Magicforce 68

kul es87

reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4dwyzn/b87_clone_from_taobao/
aliexpress.com/item/96-DIY-Kit-Mechanical-Keyboard-Customized-Set-PCB-Case-Plate-Stabilizers-Underglow-RGB-Free-shipping/32733608635.html
kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/kbd75-keyboard-set

Go fuck off with your ANSI keyboard layout
ISO is better

>ISO is better

delusional europoor detected.

objectively wrong

RK Pro 104

Awaiting a Cherry G80-1800 with MX Black

Hopefully it's not shit

No it's not

Is ergodox worth it?

>he uses ISO

no there is not really anything wrong with a normal staggered keyboard layout if you know how to touch type

Isnt it more fatiguing on the fingers?

I love keyboards made by Cherry. (G80 1800, 3000, 11800, 11900, etc)
They are almost always

>Budget
>Location (continent at least)
Indiana
>Preferred switch type
MX Blues
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
Full Size
>Backlight
No
>Previous/current keyboards
Some HP I got from work.

>Budget
Around $100, maybe a bit more

>Location
USA

>Preferred switch type
Would like tactile, non-clicky, and low or medium resistance. So something like brown or clear cherry.

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
Tenkeyless

>Backlight
At least enough to see what I'm typing in the dark

>Current keyboard
Macbook Pro

Has anyone tried metal keycaps before? I think they are made of zinc? Curious on their feel and sound.

I recommend keeping your current keyboard and save the money

I hate this keyboards it's like a laptop keyboard

all the important keys sit very close to the home row. as long as you have mechanical switches (which you don't need to press/punch hard to activate) and use the right technique you shouldn't get fatigued just from typing on your keyboard.

amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-GATERON-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01E57PT4A
amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-GATERON-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01E57PUNA
amazon.com/DREVO-84-Key-Tenkeyless-Mechanical/dp/B01H6DHITE
amazon.com/dp/B01N4A2IGN

So what I'm getting from this is that you get jelly of 'inferior' people having nicer boards than you. Judge the keyboard not the person.
>the rest of this scene is quite evidently a passing fad with no real value.
Truth, but its still fun for us who stick around.

>flipped spacebar
what an absolute madman xD

that's how it's done

the spacebar should be in a flat profile or angled toward you

youtube.com/watch?v=aKKEeVcvap4