My i7 processor has Intel ME and I want to get rid of it...

My i7 processor has Intel ME and I want to get rid of it, but if I buy an AMD FX-8350 to escape the hardware backdoors I will need a motherboard with UEFI. Is there any point? Am I not just going from one poz to another?

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/faq.html#amd
raptorengineering.com/TALOS/prerelease.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IBM cpu

Don't buy a bulldozer when ryzen is out, jesus christ

>Anime
Hi.
Go to hell.

Kgpe d16 with opteron 62xx series cpu.

Flash open source firmware with the O's of your choice, and sit in your basement while relishing in your freedom to have a shitty cpu.

Later AMD processors have an equivalent to Intel ME, called AMD Secure Processor (or AMD PSP).

There's no escape user, both intel and amd have cancer in their processors now, and motherboards are UEFI by default these days. Your only option is to go backwards.

you're still fucked
libreboot.org/faq.html#amd

>buying into a botnet

Why?

AMD FX don't have PSP though

Please don't spread disinfo. AMD FX processors do not have PSP. Even the Libreboot FAQ you linked says it:

>The Platform Security Processor (PSP) is built in on all Family 16h + systems (basically anything post-2013), and controls the main x86 core startup. PSP firmware is cryptographically signed with a strong key similar to the Intel ME. If the PSP firmware is not present, or if the AMD signing key is not present, the x86 cores will not be released from reset, rendering the system inoperable.

raptorengineering.com/TALOS/prerelease.php

Not sure what you can do for gpu, or the rest of the build though.

True, but FX processors aren't that good and would still require some UEFI motherboard. At least I haven't heard of any compatible motherboard without UEFI.

Honestly this shit is stupid to bitch and moan about. Stallman says you should be using core 2 cpus still, I don't remember him saying anything about phenom ii's though. Needing to use such shitty hardware to keep your "freedoms" is not worth it in my opinion.

afai see only a few laptops and obsolete mb are supported by coreboot
weren't chromebooks using it?

Just wait for the Intel i9, they just got leaked.

Will blow Ryzen out of the water

>((leaked))

Phenom II processors are perfectly fine, as is anything before the age of co-processor cancer. ARM processors are perfectly fine too.

Stallman just doesn't give a damn about trying to list every possible processor that would meet his demands, more so considering he's mostly moaning from the laptop standpoint where the only options are core2duos.

>your freedom is stupid to bitch and moan about.

People on r/amd have tried to speak up on this issue and possibly removing PSP on ryzen during an AMA with Lisa. But until then, you're going to have to suck it up.

i already know the outcome
>will release nothing

Just wait.

>waitâ„¢

t. gaymer

>being this paranoid

Do you live in a third world country with harsh censorship laws? Are you sending le wiki leaks man classified secrets? What is your endgame OP? I can understand staying away from the w10 botnet but this is tinfoil tier.

You're already in the botnet by connecting to the internet at least once.

then why intel doesn't give choice to disable Intel ME? Why someone would pay for a thing which they can't control how it works?

? i have an 8320 and no UEFI