What is Sup Forums's opinion of Hewlett-Packard?

What is Sup Forums's opinion of Hewlett-Packard?

Great laptop.
Idk about their industrial stuff, server and printers.

They went to shit when they began losing talent after that one woman wrecking company CEO took over.
Printers suck.
Laptops suck, but don't suck as much as acer.
Their pre-builts are locked down cancer.

I'm the only person on the planet that likes their laptops. Probably because I never leave the house with them and treat them like a fragile vase.

Everything they do is cancer minus their laptops (but only a handful are decent)

Good business laptops and printers.
Bad consumer everything.
Retarded management splitting the company into million pieces.

They were okay but the past 3 years they went to SHIT in the enterprise industry. Laptops are faulty, shit quality control, no cooperation with driver manufacturers (atleast it seems like it concidering audio keylogger and docking station instability for new zbooks). Their support treating billion dollar industries like a housewife.

There are far better options out there than HP.

shit

I want PA-RISC back.
Please.
Just bring it back after Itanium sinks.

proprietary garbage. even their cables use proprietary connectors.

>need an iLO license just for useful features
Fuck those niggers.

HP or HPE ?

Printers are shit, but every company's printers are garbage.
I had to fix an Elitebook for my brother he got from his work (he was leaving and they let him keep it, he somehow managed to fry a USB port and the part was modular so I just bought one and swapped it out).

I liked the way it was put together and the general feel.

Just bought one myself, an 8570W from Newegg for $500 off lease. I actually got a better deal because they listed them as having an i5 with a 1GB NVIDIA K1000M but I got the model with an i7 and a 2GB K2000M.

It's not the greatest but for the price I'm really happy with it and it's a lot faster than the Thinkpad T410 I was using.

My brother works with PLCs and that's what I'm going to school for, and every place he's worked at has used similar Elitebooks so there must be something to them.

It's a refurb but looks like new. I'm liking it so far.

both are same shit with different name. hp business devices have even more proprietary parts so you cant replace them with your own.

Never again, except spectre.

They are ready to charge you for just about anything. Have fun with support contracts needed to get BIOS updates.

That said, the HPE ProLiant Microserver Gen8 is a decent piece of kit for the low price you can get the G1610T one for.

What are you on about? I've had the same envy 14 beats edition for close to 6 years now, I take it to class all the time, used to use it to DJ parties, and dropped it plenty of times and the only time I ever had a problem was I had to replace the keyboard (~$45) after beer was split all over it, and get only compliments about it

proliant servers and the smart update manager are fantastic. ilo has saved my ass countless times. their laptops are a mixed bag but their workstations (i use a z800 as an esxi host) and desktops are well built

false. you can get into the bios and control power without a license. you can also just install a trial license if you need to do a remote os install etc.

I have no current opinion on them since they do not exist anymore. There is only HP Inc. and Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Two different companies with different products.

Hewlett Packard Enterprise makes some good stuff. I'm looking forward to the successor to the z840. HPE will probably wait until the new batch of Intel CPUs come out to release the z860.

their 90s printers were good. I had an 820cse which was great

Just bought a refurb laptop of theirs from 2011. Bluetooth is fucked up, Win10 is installed but not supported and the only way to get it out of Turbo is to switch to power saving mode.

Everything else seems okay and the screen is 1080p. Might buy again.

>you can get into the bios and control power without a license
Wooow. Can't remotely mount media or access the screen.
>you can also just install a trial license if you need to do a remote os install etc
Yeah that's fun. And then the trial ends.

This. Elitewhatever G2 onwards has been a fucking shambles.

Their 11 inches Stream with Ubuntu is absolutely perfect for light use.
>ultra light
>fantastic battery life
>plays 1080p video files flawlessly
>perfectly silent
>preat keyboard and trackpad
>great for side screen with a pdf or something to write
Takes some time to tweak but it works like a charm.

but you can access the screen for an unlimited time before the OS boots, and for 60 seconds at a time once it's booted. unless you're depending on ilo for remote access or you want to remote install your OS every week then how isn't that enough?

Absolutely outstanding build quality. I don't know if the quality has dropped off recently, because I've had my desktop PC for six years and I still feel no need to replace it. Before that, I had an HP laptop, again for six years.

I have used hp laptops and mouse/printer. i was happy with them all running linux. none failed me, unlike the dell systems that had weird bugs.

Bastards the lot of them

HPE is pretty good where it's proprietary gear is though Networking gear is solid and so is their desktop series/workstation machines.
They stick to open source programing (as an alternative for some of their software, specifically ones that don't use proprietary hardware) and they even support it via the HPE customer service.
And said service isn't a bunch of IT monkeys shipped from India so I'm gucci with them.

HP is still HP and has major problems with a load of things mainly customer service and shitty mass produced low quality control hardware and poorly developed laptops (see envy series UEFI where it only allows boot from the Main Hard drive and not the M.Sata slow on some semi-modern hardware ones.).