Redpill me on data science

Redpill me on data science.

21th century updated Statistics

tech buzzwords

just like "Big Data"

The whole idea on which data science is founded is that it is possible to make data talk so to speak.

So instead of doing what any traditional researcher would do and seek to confirm hypotheses with data or make light exploration grounded in literature, a data scientist will use a complicated machine learning algorithm to obtain ((insights)). These insights can vary from between good to being very bad, but in most case a t-test would have provided results as insightful.

After having done his science, the data scientist will go on quora and explain to a neophyte that he does not need books to learn his trade, but can simply follow some introductory courses on udemy.

>redpill me on x
lol fuck off

What are you going to do if he doesn't, faggot

ill ignore him, as should you, and everyone else

Why? Did you ever consider that people who exist outside or your little bubble might be interested in hearing some shit about data science?

Do you think it's a fad? g would have me believe so but at this point it's basically pol without the character so I'm skeptical

i guess i just don't care

and yet you care enough to post in the thread to berate OP

yep, i should have specified that i don't care that people might be interested in hearing some shit about data science

Are you aware of your autism sir? Is your carer in the room with you or do I need to inform someone?

Data science says you're both retarded

This. It's a big meme now so lots of people who don't even like math or computers are trying to worm their way in to the latest buzzword field, but it's pretty much just statistics.

Oh no, how will I live my life now that some faggot called me retarded

data science is a business word that is used by business people that only know the fundamentals

>implying data scientists know anything fundamental about information
Get rekt, faggot

And is it as new as it seems or has "data science" always been a thing but has now came into the public eye?

Found the 9fagger, threads dead

It's got an actual name, it's just more in the public eye because hype

No I don't think it's a fad in itself, a lot of smart people are doing it. The name is definitely a trap though.

this

I'm learning about this bullshit in all my classes reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

One part statistics, four parts parsing data into something you can even do the statistical analysis on.

buzzword field with big $$$.

just kidding its a meme don't get in this field plz.

It's the notion that truth can be had from statistics. Those that require and authority rely on it. It's enemy is anecdotal evidence which is actually more useful as you can decide how it relates to you and a decision you're going to make. But often when you fix the problem the game is over so statistics or invoked and spells are cast and everyone profits and suffers. End of redpill.

>Redpill me on data science.
It's traditional statistics + machine learning + enormous data sets

Industry isn't ready for it or interested in it.
See: Gartner Hype Cycle and IBM