Windows pc notifies me that update 1703 is available

>windows pc notifies me that update 1703 is available
>haven't got any critical things to do today so decide to go for it
>spends half an hour updating
>gets stuck on login screen after it's done
>safe mode, startup repair, all fail to fix it
>have to roll back to previous version
>currently waiting for that to work, fingers crossed it doesn't fuck everything up as well

god fucking damn it, i knew this would happen but still, they're so damn incompetent these days. i've had this happen on LITERALLY every major update since W10 released. I even had to fully wipe and reinstall after 1607 because it fucked up the previous installation somehow.

fucking incompetent lazy ass pajeets
>inb4 install gentoo
i need a bunch of autodesk and adobe software for work, they don't run at all well in wine, otherwise I probably would make the switch to linux once and for all

is there a way to just permanently disable all updates other than security ones in W10 Pro? I know the enterprise ones can but maybe there's a third party utility or something for other versions?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=disable updates windows 10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Works on my machine :^)

@60454118
Hola. Las macbook pro con pantalla retina no tienen este problema.

>not using LTSB

>using Windows 10
Windows 7 is in long term support until 2020. By 2020, developers will either be driven to Linux/Vulkan by Microsoft's shit; or Microsoft will have fixed it's shit.

There's literally NO EXCUSE to use Windows 10.

>you need to pirate a version of windows 10 not even offered to consumers just to get a usable desktop
>acceptable
Pick ONE (1) and only ONE (1)

>download the iso
>verify hash is legit
free windows 10 LTSB, don't feel guilty because I've bought Win10 in the past

Works on my machine, maybe next time you should wait at the login screen longer until it actually finished instead of being a desperate fuck who reset the system when things take more than 2 seconds to complete.

no like it got to the login screen fine and then as soon as i finish typing the pin it just flicks black then back to the login screen. i got the exact same issue on previous builds too.

the only thing i can think that might affect it is that i have a visual style installed, but since those are fairly widespread i'd hope microsoft aren't so lazy that they just let it go into a complete bootloop just becuase there's an issue loading windows explorer on login or something.

Who /1607/ here?

I haven't received the notification for 1703 yet..

>i need a bunch of autodesk and adobe software for work
so use 8.1 or 7?

we warned you about forced updates.

well, i did, for a long time, but then they were like free upgrade so why not man

i honestly prefer w10 over 7 in most aspects other than this shit, i got it set up all nice and comfy and managed to tweak/remove most of the worst parts so it's perfect if it just stays as it is. but no they gotta break it every few months just to keep my on my toes

There's not even any relevant Win10-only (aka DX12 only) gaymes; only Microsoft published shovelware

>it's free so why not get it
you sound like my grandmother

Run it in a VM and don't let it connect to the internet.

I'm in a similar boat. I just get a black screen with a cursor. Safe mode is even borked. God i'm screwed.

it's the theme, I've had it happen before.
Just run it in high contrast and change it when you get in.

And this is why Wannacry spread, because Windows is so shitty it can barely update itself.

>2017
>not having a MSDN subscription you don't even pay for yourself
get good

Me la. 2016 ltsb masterrace

Enterprise is more expensive. You failed.

>unironically feeling guilty by not buying from the most profitable software company on the planet
Levels of cuckoldry never heard of

>install all missing win7 updates, except the telemetry and cumulative bullshit
>pc working normally
Except it takes like triple the time to shutdown than it used to before updating. What the fuck.

I am tempted to mess with the registry to kill that shit early.

sounds like you have a shit computer took me 10mins to update it today.

You are having a bad because you shut down services to speed up your pc, but you followed a guide with no clue on what you shut off.

Prove you didn't do this

I had one of those when I did IT-monkey tech support at Dell, bigshot.

>i've had this happen on LITERALLY every major update since W10 released
Then it's a hardware problem, user. Like, there are problems with either your RAM or drive.
Instead of bitching you should've used your head and ran your PC through a bunch of tests.

>"update"
>i knew this would happen

yes, you did. because you know that update 1703 is another one of these "in place upgrade" updates. and you also know that windows operating systems have NEVER worked properly after an in place upgrade occurs.

I hate windows as much as the next guy, but if you fuck yourself like this you really do only have yourself to blame.

>Like, there are problems with either your RAM or drive.

dumb hypothesis spouted by a dumb person

>By 2020, developers will either be driven to Linux/Vulkan by Microsoft's shit; or Microsoft will have fixed it's shit.

w-what if they don't
what if microsoft doubles down on this bullshit and everyone just rolls over and accepts it, because we "need windows for work"

>no u

Turned on defer updates until they fix 1703

my cheap $340 laptop hasn't had a single problem updating since windows 10. and it had 8 when i bought it (right before 10 came out) and yeah, no problems at all so far.

>have windows 10 installed since release day
>never had a single blue screen
>never had a failed update
>currently on 1703 and this shit works as good as it was the first day (even better)
maybe you are retarded? ;^)

>be me
>decide to upgrade to fedora 26 alpha from fedora 25
>it just werks
feels good

You pay for MSDN shit one way or another (college tuition, taxes...).

>using any windows past XP

>is there a way to just permanently disable all updates other than security ones in W10 Pro?
hmmmm
lmgtfy.com/?q=disable updates windows 10

There isn't a single windows box in my office.