How to subtly kill my card

>my jewvidia card has intermittent issues
>aio pump will randomly stop working
>60c idle
>happens every few days

How do I kill my card so they will not know I did it? I don't want to rma it for the pump and get sent the same fucking card back because it didn't have the issue during the 6 minutes they tested it

Drop of water?
Shorting it? (Could leave char marks)
Can't change bios (they can apparently check even if it's dead)

Just RMA it you stupid fuck. If they give you shit for it, do a chargeback on them.

Just RMA it for the pump, you stupid piece of shit.

detach the cooler and see if you can get it to overheat.

or you could be a functional member of society and submit an RMA you mong

And if they say it's fine and send it back to me saying they had no issues?

Just return it and if they give you shit keep threatening to sue people until you get your way.
Being a cunt works every time.

Could always desolder a cap on the power regulator (so it looks like it broke away from the board, which is a pretty common failure mode), which will either render the card totally inoperable or cause it to cook itself (either of which gets you your end result of an RMA)

Everyone here is stupid.

Put a magnet to it. DONE.

Is it EVGA?
Cause they'll replace it no matter what

b8?

Make a post on /r/PCMR about it until their sales rep people catch wind of the post and help you out. Or tweet them. Or both.

this, you may need to send it back a second time if they fuck you, but if you throw a fit they'll give you a new working one. If they just send it back call them out on it

The American way :^)

I think I might end up doing that. I just don't want to waste a week or two fucking around with them but maybe if I get upset, they'll send a 1080. I can dream right?

It's honestly the only way you get shit done with customer service, you either find someone who's willing to help you is really nice about it, or you throw such a big fucking fit that you get somebody's attention. Otherwise I'll just roll you.

help it overheat with a hairdryer

Who made the card?

Nvidia doesnt handle RMAs. EVGA, ASUS, Gigabyte etc handle RMAs.

if It's EVGA, just say the pump is acting up and you're getting bad temps, they'll replace it.

if it's Gigabyte or ASUS, you'll have more trouble.

just buy a new card the thing is probably a few years outdated anyway

No offense but are you sure there is even anything wrong with it? If you leave it on for long enough and your fan profile isn't very aggressive, reaching 60 C at idle isn't that weird especially if ambient temps are warm.

AIOs are such a fucking meme by the way.

So get a fucking video of it you dense cunt.

I'm sure you would like that, wouldn't you?

i dont really care im just trying to tell you its not worth it to do this if the card is older than the 10xx series

>aio pump

user you didn't...

Yes, it is EVGA. Age they really that good with RMAs?

It's a 980ti with 700 days left on the warranty....

I have never seen past 23 idle and 60 under full load is almost the hottest it's ever gotten. The pump will turn off because you cannot hear it running or feel the vibration on the tubes. You'll also hear the water start to circulate when it decided to kick back on. It most certainly shuts off

so call them and bitch why are you here making some asinine thread instead of calling them and raising hell with the pajeet on the other end

>redditors are so autistic and delusional that they think their posts matter outside of their cancerous circle jerk communities

If it has a problem send it back. WTF? Why am I even answering this? Send it back or flash a better fan profile to the bios.

Alright well just RMA it then. I've never had an RMA rejected. Literally just write in the submission box that they have you fill out "pump motor fails after several minutes of use" and they'll figure it out. Never buy one of these fucking things again btw.