I'm confused why Sup Forums isn't talking about this laptop more

I've seen a few posts about this laptop and I decided to try and get one cheap. I already had a desktop so I just needed something light.

People shit talk the hell out of this laptop because it has chromeOS and somehow that makes it "worthless". All my programs are working under flawlessly under crouton and wine, however I have not tried FL studio yet.

I've spent about 4 hours on the one I just got and I have all my retro games (C&C Generals, Halo PC, old Popcap games, all working flawlessly).

It does get hot, and I've getting around 4-5 hours of battery, but everything else is so damn nice for the price.

Screen is as good as you would want, The keyboard is great, the touchscreen is nice, it's fast as fuck in chromeOS mode, it shits on a macbook in terms of build quality, amazing speakers, and it just looks nice.

I hit one key combo and I can switch between macOS quality web browsing to a capable linux machine.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834267083
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's a hell of a nice machine for sub $400 but the thing that kills it for me is that you can't upgrade the storage.

Acer cloudbook, 17 hour battery life, 129$, nuff said

isnt that some celeron or arm thing?

Based on how you type like a retard, I'll assume that you were looking for a place called Sup Forums on Reddit. Go back there.

i5

>I'm confused why Sup Forums isn't talking about this laptop more

>google
>i5
>unibody

>I'm confused why Sup Forums isn't talking about this laptop more
because we Thinkpad here
>x220 + i7 + 16gb + ssd + 9 cell battery
feels comfy man

>1366x768
Amazing technology.
End your life.

I put a 256gb class 10 sd card in mine

>not upgrading the panel

which version is this? 2013 or 2015?

>Not docking in at home into your 4k display
>>/out/

this but with i5 and 4gb ram

you have to solder stuff to the board to do it. most people here cant do that.

Great machine. Dies quickly. If you get another year out of it, be happy

meh, i've been meaning to upgrade the panel but since the screen size is only 12.5", 1366x768 res is dense enough for my uses.
>watch anime in 720p
>text editing with bitmap fonts like Terminus

maybe because for around a hundred dollarydoos you can pick up a refurb business grade laptop with similar or better specs and what I consider to be better build quality

Why is the 2013 model so cheap and available new, and the 2015 model cannot be found anywhere? I just want battery life that isn't shit and non proprietary charging REEEE

Zzzzzuma

2013 model doesn't get Android app support and the 2015 does.

Makes no sense when you can just have the full desktop version of everything.

Show me.

240PPI IPS screen
i5
4GB of RAM
Touchscreen
backlit keyboard

It's not hard to find a decent laptop for cheap, it's hard to find one that doesn't have a shitty 2002 era LCD though.

>ips screen
>touch screen
>backlit keyboard
ok you got me on that part, but for most of ghee those things don't matter much, which is why it's not often discussed

>240PPI IPS screen
meme. laptop intended for Sup Forums would be mainly for programming. Color accurate and high resolution displays do not matter, although they are nice.
>i5
lol
>4GB of RAM
kek. im assuming non upgradable?
>Touchscreen
meme
>backlit keyboard
meme. learn to touch type.

also here you go, though getting a touchscreen in a c grade refurb is kind of a crap shoot
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834267083

>it shits on a macbook in terms of build quality,

yeah it seems you have never taken both apart.... there is quite a difference

also ill take just take my triple boot 256gb 2011 macbook air and look at those things and say nice try oogle....

>implying looking at a shitty grade lcd is enjoyable for extended periods of time

>implying an i5 is not overkill for chromeos and linux

>implying 4gb of ram is not sufficient for chromeos and linux

>implying having another input method is ever a meme

And on your last point, do you just magically know exactly where the starting key is? My problem with a non lit keyboard is that I have to find my starting point.

>starting key
um that's kinda what the bumps are for on the f and j keys

>implying looking at a shitty grade lcd is enjoyable for extended periods of time
that is true for any small screens under 21" ~ 24". My Samsung S8 edge+ has like 530 pixels per inch but the screen is only 6.2" so doesn't really matter.
>implying an i5 is not overkill for chromeos and linux
yeah but i7 is even better
>implying 4gb of ram is not sufficient for chromeos and linux
Doesn't matter what OS you're using, you can max out 4gb easily depending on what you are doing
>implying having another input method is ever a meme
it is a meme. Why would I pay extra for a feature I'm certain I'll never use?

>240PPI IPS screen
>meme. laptop intended for Sup Forums would be mainly for programming. Color accurate and high resolution displays do not matter, although they are nice.
Screw color accuracy, but non shit resolution is important (brightness also, if you go outside or have windows in your room)

>backlit keyboard
>meme. learn to touch type.
Try dealing with multiple keyboards with just slightly differently positioned buttons.

Agree on the rest, though

most competent tech shops will do it

x220 can't drive 4k

There are Dual core i7s

It's not a fight over PPI, it's brightness, viewing angles, and a good enough resolution to be easier on the eyes.

The RAM is too low, I'll give you that. I don't think 4GB is low enough to worry about maxing it out though.

It's nice for scrolling. And it works well with sliding the webpage to the right to go to the previous page.

looool dude

You are a baby.

I got, for $130:
x230 with i5, 16gb ram, 6 cell
Then I threw in a 500gb 850 EVO.
I plug into my 23" 1080p monitor, and my keyboard and mouse. Way better than soldered on 4gb ram. Though I'll admit the Pixel's display is way better.