No programmer women ... because we hate nerds

timeline.com/women-pioneered-computer-programming-then-men-took-their-industry-over-c2959b822523

WOMEN CAN'T PROGRAM
WOMEN ARE STUPID
I HATE WOMEN
okay can someone make a new thread now

>Writing that much without a single faft to back up your thesis

lel

>plugging and unplugging cables and adjusting switches

WOW THEY SURE KNEW TECH BACK THEN

I know I shouldn't reply to /gpol/, but this is like saying the woman who invented the bicycle tire is responsible for Tesla and the thousands of innovations that occurred in the decades between.

> because we hate nerds
Yup, and programmer women are literally unfuckable. I mean, have you seen them? No pussies allowed in our bro workspace.

I'm not gunna read it, but they mention the NASA programmer, don't they?

Probably her and Grace Hopper, from there on they always struggle to even bring up examples.

> They formed professional organizations, sought stricter requirements to enter the field, and discouraged the hiring of women.
> Employers began comparing programming less to clerical work and more to masculine activities like playing chess. Ad campaigns criticized women as gossiping, time-wasting, and error-prone. One tagline for Optical Scanning Corporation Ran, “What has sixteen legs, eight waggly tongues and costs you at least $40,000 a year?” Your team of 8 female programmers, that’s what.
> Hiring mangers began administering aptitude and personality profile tests that were biased toward men. The answers were circulated to fraternities and men’s clubs like the Elks.
Those evil white men, the root of all problems. Also,
> masculine activities
> playing chess

Stop pushing women where they don't want to go.

Most women say "OMGee the CS is totally filled with ugly nerds, i mean i am totally a nerd i use ad block plus on my mac, but i litterally wont go to the same class as those men. Btw i heard that our gender studies teacher is sooooo dreamy...." do you think people who talk like that deserve any place in CS ? I don't think so, i think their daddies are a bit too rich and provide them with too many options even though they are worthless sacks of shit that never studied in their entire lives.

my sides

sums it up, most women are like that, they want the "nerd girl" label because its fashionable currently, so they want tech jobs without actually getting tech skills
> Nerdy girl
> Speaker for diversity

This is a bait thread

This is a bait board

this is a bait website

>do you think people who talk like that deserve any place in CS ? I don't think so
Typical white cis male logic here folks, who are you to decide who does and doesnt deserve a place in CS, you fucking think you own the IT industry

>women pioneered computer programming

Back then programming was literally moving wires around and punching cards, basically a glorified secretary

Ah the never ending cycle of thinking all girls in CS just want me to do their homework so I never socialize with them.

Think what you want of other women, but I for one am here, and I'm sticking around, and there's nothing you can do about it.

our database lady is really smart

I wonder why there's so few women programmers. I'm not going to say they're a majority or anything, but there's definitely women out there intelligent enough for it. I think their brains are wired to focus on multiple thing at once, while men are wired more to focus on one thing. I guess that's all it boils down to.

>gender studies teacher is sooooo dreamy...

I'm pretty sure all gender studies teachers are fat feminist dykes.

Most women I've seen working in the field do database work and are old, I wonder why?

Pushing fake accomplishments like this (those women had basically accountant training and were just manually inputting numbers and commands for programs that actually programmers wrote) only devalues the actual accomplishments of outstanding women who struggled to achieve recognition for their work like Cecilia Payne.

did anyone read first paragraph in that site?

Like many women in the 1930s, Jean Jennings Bartik had studied mathematics.
.......... each calculation took more than 30 hours.

This. + war pulling women into taking jobs men occupied before makes me wonder how well grounded the whole "women used to be in computer science but now they don't" -narrative is true. Maybe the past was just an anomaly because of war and the situation we have now is the normal, not the other way around.

You don't get it. Feminists resent women that actually did anything relevant. They want to be relevant themselves without doing anything, since they deserve it.