I just got hired as a c/c++ programmer. But i don't know much c++ at all. I will start working in about a month...

I just got hired as a c/c++ programmer. But i don't know much c++ at all. I will start working in about a month. Any tips of how not to get fired

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x1TsOHyJPpw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

well, are you good at java at least?

Let it be known that helping OP is no different from training a Pajeet to take your job

Congrats, you took the job away from someone who actually is really good at this lol

How did you get hired without knowing the language? What language did they test you in?

Also, the term c/c++ confuses me, does it mean you'll be programming in both? Or does it typically just refer to C?

What's worse: a pajeet or an incapable pedophile taking your job?

Not even Bjarne knows C++ very well

Use this month to learn C++

Read transitional books made for transferring from c to c++

I thank you for advice kind strangers. Sorry if my english is not so good, I come from india

>be pajeet
>get job as programmer without knowing programming

business as usual

i FUCKING knew it you pork prohibiting piece of shit

fake OP

Post the listing nigga, I'm black and a good c++ programmer.

how do you get hired as X programmer without knowing X?

Probably by lying.

>all this faggots mad that somebody took a programming job with little to no skill
>not being happy instead that everything including programming gets automated
>not being happy that less skill is required to solve a problem
You people are fucking luddites. Fucking leave Sup Forums and go back to your caves you retard niggers.

Hi bro, I came from Pakistan. I'm a brown skin Muslim transgender fat vegan, I was perfectly fit for a job as a senior software developer of an artificial intelligence engine on distributed clusters and for and IoT microcontrollers at Google.

I know only HTML and a bit of JavaScript, but it isn't a problem at all, just talk at work a lot about diversity, cultural enrichment, racism, bigotry, etc.

language doesn't matter if you're not retarded

Apparently it does matter to OP

Skin colour and sexuality matters.

Or rather, that skill level can be used to solve more complex problems

>haven't used C in 5 years
>apply for a embedded programming internship
>barely pass their exam even though I didn't write jack shit
I'm scared anons, at my current job I just occasionally get to write some webdev shit and use api testing tools. It feels so soul sucking but it's flexible and at least I can pretend to know my shit.
Should I risk embarassement and take it

>apply for student job
>think its gonna be an easy ride
>get hired
>hi user we expect you to write this in-house application in c++ which will later be used by our branches in different countries

don't tell anyone. it's very possible to sort of wing it in c++ if you're familiar with programming logic. just make sure to crank out lines of code, which is a measure of your productivity. write as much as you can, and then if somebody calls you out on an error you can point to your manic productivity as an excuse. copy basic function definitions from stack overflow rather than using a library.

also, make your documentation and logic as confusing as possible to discourage people from looking too close. use single letter variables or add different typos to related variable/function names so that they're difficult to search for. reuse names as often as possible when they leave scope. overload random shit. make your own globals by putting variables in a struct and passing a pointer into every function.

the objective is just to confuse and delay until you've got the hang of things. it's served me well on multiple occasions.

>advice for niggering proprietary code
Beautifull. You're doing gods work user, thank you.

you forgot
>start shitting at the neighborhood sidewalk

what is wrong with you

actually, something similar happened to me, first I participated in the internship that lasted 3 months, had to make some intern application the whole IT department would use. Sadly it wasn't finished

Everything

I highly doubt the fact that you are a good programmer nigger.

This works for most languages but you really can't fake C++ unless nobody looks at your code.

I am actually Pakistani and you wouldn't be encouraged to do anything if you were actually vegan and all the shit you spouted, fuck your bullshit.
Allahu akbar

Did you have to sum primes under 2 million?

You will get fired and sleep under a bridge. Weebs deserve this.

Is that really an interview question?
Fucking dumb, just get a list of all primes, sum it and then keep the answer somewhere. Not like primes will change tomorrow.

If you know C you're good. C++ is just C with libraries (and extra library using features like OOP)

>Anime
Hi.
Go to hell.

Real op here. I got a task to sort an array. I somehow managed to remember the algorithm from school, about 4 years ago. I also had to write a recursive function. They also asked some theoretical questions, and while i didn't know some answers, they said that no one from my university knows. I usualy code in C, watched C++ youtube videos for 2 hours before the interview, it helped. But im still not very comfident in my C++ skills. Any small project recomendations to practice? P.S. i have no idea what i will do in that job. They said I may even have to program in other languages

looks like they don't care that much, so you should be ok
for projects, fuck around with some of these I guess: better-dpt-roll.github.io

C++ is a giant clusterfuck, even the author doesn't know all of it, so don't feel discouraged.
Atleast try to learn the OOP parts and templates

Autism: the post

>Anime
Hi.
Go to hell.

>he keeps doing it

>she keeps posting anime

>complaining about anime on Sup Forums

lul. i also got hired as i think a java developer. never touched the language in my life i only barely know c++, javascript and python (in order of decreasing proficiency). don't know how i even passed the intervew desu senpai. thankfully its only an internship so i dont really mind if i get fired.

Haha but I doubt you ever say that in public

STUPID FUCKING ANIME POSTERS FUCK OFF

If a person did this where I was working I would start mentoring them and watching them closely. It might be good to not do this and do a crash course. In a month you can learn enough to get by.

What kind of app will you be developing?

I just got hired as a system admin because I use Linux but I regularly forget how to add and delete users from the terminal. What do?

Indians have an issue with beef, not pork. You're thinking of Muslims and Jews.

Hire someone with less skill, and the result is buggy and insecure programs. Is it so much to ask that people know how to do the job they're hired for?

> Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
> Effective Modern C++: 42 Specific Ways to Improve Your Use of C++11 and C++14

Get both, study them and hope for the best. You're probably fucked though. I'd consider these and Stroustrup's 'The C++ Programming Language' the bare minimum, but you don't have time for this.

Keep a log book and put cheetsheets in it.

dumb weeb
try this

Just don't use proprietary software and you'll be ok you faggot. Who the fuck cares if the next version of some pajeet software is buggy when no one should be using it in the first place.

Atleast you got a job. I'm graduating at the end of the year and shitting myself unable to find anything.

>another 'I got a job doing X but I don't know anything about it XD' thread

You are all tools

Lots of businesses just hire just from reading the resumes. No one likes doing interviews, even the managers, it just takes too much work. Interview are quietly falling out of style.

> mfw someone spent his time making this pic
Reissue of 'nuclear physicist in 21 days' when?

I'm in the same boat as you, shit sucks

learn c/c++ you fucking nigger

are you Indian?

If you know a bit of programming you can breeze through 21st Century C in a few hours, and you'll learn a ton. I highly recommend it

You are the one who should be giving tips, I know a whole lot of c, and backend programming, I can do all sorts of thing and you get hired.

please senpai, enlighten me. How did you do it? where are you from? and are they still hiring at your place?

This
GIVE ME A JOB

>I just got hired as a c/c++ programmer. But i don't know much c++ at all. I
>got hired as a c/c++ programmer
>i don't know much c++ at all
How the fuck did you get hired then?

>jobless NEETs supposedly have godlike programming skills
>still can't find a job
>OP pretends to be capable at interview
>gets job because he's not an autistic loser who speaks in memes
let that be a lesson to you nerds

Truly a master of cutting corners.

>I just got hired as a c/c++ programmer.
>But i don't know much c++ at all.

more proof recruiters and HR know nothing when it comes to hiring IT people. recruiters/hr should just pass their resumes to the head of the IT department and let them choose.

picture is very related.

Use google.

Where do you live? I want to move there. (Please respond.)

Spend 8 hours a day every week day for the next months doing whatever type of programming you expect the job to be. One month js more than enough time to pass as a junior level in any language.

Not everyone who can do the job will do the job or is employable. Even the most strongest Autists have friends.

The last job I was hired for was a single in person interview with an hr lady and the project manager. There was absolutely no technical knowledge between them and all tech questions were buzzword and vague. I didn't have to do any code demos or anything.

>Even the most strongest Autists have friends.

i'm in the same position as OP. got a job (start in june) for a language i didnt know. was interviewed by two engineers who eventually went on to management. interview was a fucking joke too just hr shit and coding trivia.

>know a guy who literally got fizzbuzz for his coding exam in an interview
>had to do it in Java
>instead of reading syntax real quick he complained to the potential employer about how he did not know any Java and he only knew [whatever was on his resume]
obviously he didn't get the job

Where the fuck do you faggots live that it's so easy to get a job?

i mean i would say i can do it in the languages that i know since i dont know java syntax or i could describe the logic step by step. i wouldn't complain though

midwest

It's a doggy dog world, as they say :^)

I just FizzBuzz me-me-d myself into it tbqh ma familia

No you don't. It will be my first job, they will pay like 400 burgerbucks per month. This is about as much as you can get here. Plan to move out after I finish studies

And it's not india, but as third world as an european country can get

If you have programming experience in any language, learning a new one does not take a month.

It takes a lifetime to really learn sepples.

No I'm OP. Chingchong I come from China. China number one. Japan is little. Anime for men who put things in bottom. Chingychongching

C++ is not a hard language.
Language makers often experiment by implementing a lot of features to see if they make programming easier.
There is a ton of C++ programmers, clearly it can be learned.
C faggots like to bring up things that is undefined or unclear from reading the code, but it is much easier to make good applications desktop applications with C++.

>c/c++
Good news, C/C++ isn't a programming language. This means you don't even have to do your job and they can't complain.

You win.

>It's a Sup Forums roleplays as pajeets to reassure their insecurities episode

>C++ is just C with libraries (and extra library using features like OOP)
You've obviously never written C in your entire fucking life. So shut your whore mouth and fuck off.

>They said I may even have to program in other languages
youtu.be/x1TsOHyJPpw

> i dont really mind if i get fired.
You should care, someone will ask you one day why you were fired and "I got the job by lying and didn't know the language" isn't going to sound good.

useradd --help
Buy a VPS and host a website, DNS and mail server on it (no CPanel bullshit), that will teach you.

>implying OO shit is ever reusable
OO shit is un-maintainable, but sure this is a good thing to learn if you want to get a generic C++ job at a generic shit-show company.

This can't be true

Don't worry, most C++ programmers are complete shit, working through a book will be far enough.

Job will probably be you maintaining shit code so nothing you do matters. Next to nothing new is written in c++ so prepare for bullshit debugging code with no documentation written by people who learned programming when computers were still reading punch cards.

>I just got hired as a c/c++ programmer. But i don't know much c++ at all.
This doesn't happen right?

This. A programmer is a programmer. If you can't get pretty proficient at a language in a couple of weeks tops you're going to have a bad time.

A former coworker of mine was hired as a java programmer with no prior java experience at all. However, he has a masters in EE and previously was a printer firmware developer working in ASM and C. Best java developer we ever hired.

>Next to nothing new is written in c++
[citation needed]

>video game engines
>increasingly rare embedded software
>hardware drivers

That's all I got, what else is there that's still popular for c++, as in jobs exist for it?

What is new software written in??

javascript :^)