After months of trying out different GNU/Linux distros, I've come to the conclusion that Ubuntu is the best

After months of trying out different GNU/Linux distros, I've come to the conclusion that Ubuntu is the best.

>easy to use
>everything works
>no need to edit config files just to be able to use your computer
>best software/hardware support

Why do you guys meme on Ubuntu? It just works.

If you're just an user, it's really the best.

>Ubuntu is the best
BAKA SATANIA.

i want to bully satania with my dick

After a nightmares of trying out linux i've come to the conclusion that Windows is the best

>everything works
I always start getting error reports from Apport after an hour or two after install, on different systems. Every other distro works good

sir please delete this post

There is no reason to use any other distro outside pure hobbyist interest or to learn how the system operates.

Enjoy your nsa created kernel

People are dumb. I don't like ubuntu but it usually just works and is a better choice than shitmint for newcomers.

>Being on a Swedish Anime Dilettante site
>Complaining about Anime

You go to hell.

>Muh you can't learn on Ubuntu meme
Setup DNS, do packet captures, make a kernel module. Linux is Linux and the reason you all distro hop so much is because you are too dense to understand that.

Who gives a shit you paranoia fuck?

Yeah, but for starters is better a system working out of the box.

Serious question, have you tried Manjaro?

It's based on Arch, but friendly enough for a Ubuntu user to easily get used to.

Yaourt is 10x easier to use than Apt-get. You don't need to hunt down repositories for applications, because nearly everything worthwhile is available on the AUR.

>werks just like windows
ftfy

If you just want another Windows, why did you switch to begin with?

I will enjoy my open source security enhanced kernel. It's still better than FreeBSD or NSA/Windows heh

Some people like the GUI and usability of NSA/Windows but not the telemetry or general lack of control

Canonical

>better than FreeBSD

>general lack of control
But by asking for something to be "easy to use" you're basically asking for less control.

not necessarily, just something that doesn't actively stop you from doing things that some asshole developers decided are too much control for your normie pleb pea brain to be trusted with.

I was trying to install telegram on Arch but I think I'm too retarded. I only got cutegram to successfully install.

Please help, I'm stupid

To look like one of the kool kidz. Why else?

>Having everything set up from the start with the option to change it all.
vs
>Having everything set up from the start with the option to fuck yourself.

Probably the most user friendly unix-like, free as in freedom OS that works out of the box and has decent support from various software developers. If you want a working, libre unix-like OS then you won't get any better than this at the moment.

pacman -S yaourt
yaourt -S telegram

DELTE THIS

This
Take deleting a system file for instance.
>windows tier
FUCKING NO GOYIM YOU CAN'T DELETE THIS THIS IS WHERE WE KEEP OUR SPYWA-I MEAN TELEMETRY FOR IMPROVING YOUR SECURITY AND CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE NOW GET OUT OF HERE
>muh freedums muh control muh leet haxxor pro OS tier
you want to crash this computer with no survivors? I got you senpai *dies*
>common fucking sense tier
This file is an important component of the operating system, are you sure you know exactly what you're doing when you delete it?
[Yes] [No] [link to settings page where you can control when such alerts appear on a case by case basis]

>>muh freedums muh control muh leet haxxor pro OS tier
>you want to crash this computer with no survivors? I got you senpai *dies*
There's a reason you don't log in as root.

>Don't have to edit config files
If you can't do this you shouldn't be using linux

Negro (black, subhuman), anything is better than FreeBSD. Windows is better than FreeBSD.

ubuntu is retarded compared to Mint, sorry I like working drivers and codecs.

Learn English first, then post.

>It just works
Yeah that's what computers are made for, aren't they?

>It just works.
That's not an accomplishment.

Ubuntu distributes old outdated software versions over their "store" and you can't open a directory in the terminal by just right clicking, unlike in Mint

>and you can't open a directory in the terminal by just right clicking
what

why would i be clicking in the terminal - that's for writing

>why would i be clicking in the terminal - that's for writing
I mean you right-click in the file explorer and this opens the terminal, so you don't have to use cd

Not to the extent that it complicates the system with extra structure, frameworks and other complications to provide said ease of use. Cf. policykit, systemd, consolekit, &c&c. which certainly make Linux "easier to use", that is until the day you actually come into real contact with them.

I find Debian much easier to use than Ubuntu precisely because it stays transparent and simple on all levels of the system. Who cares if I need to set up a few extra things (which I hardly even do) if it means that I can actually understand the system?

>the file explorer
lol, spotted the windows user

Xubuntu > Ubuntu

It IS great. I love it for what it is. But gentoo is literally the best operating system ever created. You won't find this level of freedom anywhere else.

>apt
>not pacman
>no AUR
>no convenience tool like yaourt
>have to hunt for PPAs every time you want to install something
fuck that

no, you don't

Good luck searching online everytime you want to install something and getting told which ppa to add

do you have something to hide user?

actually you can't install yaourt or any AUR helper directy from the main repos.

this

Want to install a program in Ubuntu:
>sudo apt-cache search programName
>package not found
>every fucking time
>google "programName Ubuntu PPA"
>copy-paste commands into terminal
>sync repositories
>download package

Installing a program in Arch:
>sudo pacman -Ss programName
>package probably found, now just install it
>if not found:
>yaourt programName
>it will definitely be there
>install :^)

GuixSD is clearly the best. Purely functional and stateless. How nice to have all your configuration files in one place, for easily reproducible machines.

NIGGERS

You're literally the biggest faggot on Sup Forums.
kys

FreeBSD is shit though. Only edgy tryhards pretend to use it because Linux has become too mainstream for them.

I've had to do this so infrequently that I can't imagine it's actually a problem. What the hell are you two trying to do / installing that has you constantly hunting PPAs?

I used to suggest Ubuntu-Debian but Manjaro-Arch Seems to have taken the crown.
Debian Package system is a pain while pacman is actually fun to use for a start, so learning the underlined system is less of a pain and lets
you focus on just "understanding how linux works.
Manjaro gives you 3-5 environments to chose from and another 3-5 in the user created sphere pre-install.(not sure about Ubuntu)
It's just as easy to install as Ubuntu.
Gives you the option to do things the old fashioned way if you prefer it at all times.
You get bleeding edge aspect of arch (all them new shiny things) but with more testing and default stability, so less fielding about while you learn.

If those are your criteria you'd love Windows and OSX

no

sauce

See

literally everything that isn't a "core" application like libre office or firefox

such as...

This. Ubuntu gives all sorts of (seemingly harmless) errors on boot. Doesn't happen with Debian.

That's not true, though. I've tried FreeBSD now and then, and while I can't really run it yet because it's not mainstream enough :^), there were many aspects of it that I much enjoyed. The whole-system approach to development generally meant the base system was more integrated in a nice manner. It also had far better manpages in general. Additionally, there were a few spread bonuses here and there, like a better tunes VM/IO subsystem than in Linux and other nice things.

I often wish I could run FreeBSD instead, but there are quite a few things I've started to depend upon which wouldn't be trivial to transition out of, like NFSv4 and lvm/mdraid, but if I could, I probably would. I've been dying to try FreeBSD on my laptop for an extended period, but unfortunately it has no appropriate WiFi driver (and ndiswrapper didn't work).

this. Ubuntu is great at first, but then the cracks start to show.