I've never used a wireless mouse. Are they slower and less responsive compared to wired mice?

I've never used a wireless mouse. Are they slower and less responsive compared to wired mice?

Barely. You only notice it when you are an autist.

they're three times faster because the signals/electricity isn't interfered by wires, thus, faster response

Mine likes cutting out for no reason and only functions when I remove the battery and put it back in.

It also gets weirdly jittery for no reason and I'm like all of two feet away from the dongle, too.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a laptop.

No. If you don't plan to play 'competetive' games and earn money with it it won't make a difference.

But get a proper mouse like the Logitech G700s. I had several shitty cheap ones before. The G700 is the best mouse I ever owned so far.

Logitech has been doing magic with their latest mice.
The G900 may as well have an invisible wire but is horribly overpriced and battery drains fast.
So the G403 is where it's at right now, it's better than the G900 in every way including decent battery life in a mouse that still isn't especially heavy.

>G700s
Patrician taste

>Reddit's Bizarre Adventure

tfw bought a mx500 for 2.50$ bucks

Thank you for contributing to the discussion, anonymous!

Yes, if you're an xXx1337xXxSephirothxXx gamer and you play a lot of CS and you're one of those people who disables mouse acceleration and sets it to the exact right setting in MS Windows etc., you will definitely notice the input latency. If you're an adult with a job and you've been using it for a while and it's a high-quality mouse, the difference becomes imperceptible.

been using my g602 (in endurance mode) for a few months now and its pretty much like my old g402, but with no wire. dropped in some eneloop batteries at the end of march, and still not below half battery according to the g software.

Wireless mice and generally not noticeably slower than wired mice. I personally never noticed any difference.

The really big drawback of wireless mice is the simple fact that they require batteries. This means you will have to regularly maintain your mouse by either charging it (if it's got a builtin battery) or changing the batteries. The batteries will go out of juice regularly and mostly die at the worst possible times.

I used wireless mice for quite a while. I don't use wireless mice anymore. I know, some children will whine that it only takes a minute to change batteries. I don't care, I prefer to simply never have that problem. A wired mouse is totally superior because of the simple fact that it always works - there's no batteries which means that it will never run out of power.

>le leddit adventure
>a-am i one of you guys yet?

Use both wired and wireless daily (different pc's though). Almost nothing. You only notice if you're actively looking for it.

It's noticable in FPS games

But that's wrong. If you use a good mouse, like a G403 wireless, G700s, or G900, they basically have no latency unless you're playing inside a microwave or something.

Source: used my G700s to play semi-competitively at 144FPS. I'd have noticed if there was any difference.

Which is why you use a hybrid. The G700s has like 1 day's worth of battery life, but I've never had a problem, because you'll end up using it wired often enough that it will just always be charged.

yes but its only obvious when the battery is low.

>Stargate background
MEIN NIGGER

I would buy a wireless mouse if I wasn't so good at overwatch.

I was just swapping back and forth between the mice on my desk and there was no perceptible difference I could feel... except the obvious weight differences between the two mice.

I'm sure it's there though.

That's just stupid, not sure if bait or not

If you're a FPS gamer you'll notice it sometimes. Roccat has a new wireless gaming mouse, try it. I like their XTD wired one but as an IT person hate wireless in general.

Mine can be unresponsive and slow often. But I almost never change the batteries in a timely manner, so it might be because of that.
I figure wired mice don't need batteries, but the wire pisses me off when I use it casually elsewhere, so I stick to wireless+trackpad. Trackpads are shit as anything but a fallback desu, mine fucks up if it's as much as moistened by my sweat.
Keyboard shortcuts are the master race though. Who /blind/ here?