Cheap

>cheap
>light
>gentoo-based
Are there any downsides?

>made by google
>literally no control of OS
>muh web extensions
I don't understand why people can't just install google chrome if you don't care about privacy at all, why do you have to use it as your OS.

>chrome os
>shit specs
>is a laptop
No thank you, you can get good deals with used surface pros.

shit battery life
low storage capacity
no support
some models designed to run shitty os and putting anything else on it is a bit irritating
just get a macbook and stop being a contrarian faggot

You can install any OS you want.

Better?

>macbook
What are you, gay?

>just get a macbook and stop being a contrarian faggot
get something designed to fall apart in 2 years, sure retard

op i forgot to block ur trip again

What does sexuality have to do with anything?

Thanks, I don't like fags responding to me.

First day on Sup Forums?

57% of Mac users, the clear majority, are not gay.

That still leaves a huge 43% of them sucking cocks on a daily basis and the user who responded to me sounded extremely gay. You know, that whiny gay voice they have and how they use words like "contrarian"?

you still have 64GB of storage if you got the """elite""" model
also costs much more than worth imo

What do you need more than 64GB for on a Linux system?

This

Get a flash drive.

My 2012 i7 MBP still works great, even better than my 2014 desktop pc.

Nigger.

Just buy a thinkpad.

Name a single instance where this thing would be better than a 100$ used thinkpad.

Get an external HDD.

Shit speeds.

You really wanna run programs over usb?

The pixel is goat solely on the fact that it has a 3:2 screen.
Don't listen to the neets itt.

Screen, the screen is glorious
I have a 1st Gen 32gb
128gb SD card plus dual booting makes it almost a desktop replacement if I didn't need gayems or GIS

the keyboard

this

>gentoo-based
>Are there any downsides?
yes
it's gentoo based so it's linux

Buy an expensive external HDD that is fast.

get a tablet instead, it'll do everything the chromebook can and you won't be given confused faces by your friends. imo the extra money you spend which goes to the keyboard and extra pieces of hardware is unnecessary, that money could have been better thrown at a nicer android tablet.

>4 Chan
>needs an identity on an anonymous image board because he's too used to his home- reddit
>becomes a tripfag
>shoots himself in the fucking face later today and has a redditfag buddy post it here for us (using his tripfag name of course so we know who it is, because it really matters)

I'm sorry, can you repeat the question?

There wasn't a question you dumb nigger. Amazing comeback, shitcock.

k

My torrents and warez take up far more than that. I scan downloads on Linux before using them in Windows VMs (there is no AutoCAD for Linux) which also take up space.

64GB is OK for a thumbdrive tho.

I wouldn't mind a pure Android notebook with GPS since I love larger screens than tablets and prefer keyboard and trackpad inputs for mobile work, but nobody gives a fuck about convergence now Ubuntu is out of the picture.

I need a laptop that I can comfortably use at home for streaming movies and browsing and watching some animu from my hdd. (I need it for uni too, but that is minor stuff)
The problem is that I can spend like 500 yuros max and don't want to get a used thinkpad that I have to work on myself since I am not very tech-savvy
would appreciate some recommendations

It doesn't matter what HDD it is, usb3 isn't good enough.

Get Cub Linux/Chromixium and install it on 200€ old laptop = sames or even better because you have a full OS under the hood

>socio-cognitive disorders

like what?

look man I don't want to find crumbs and cigarette ashes in my "new" used laptop

beats Windows

>2017
>shilling for google jews
kys Poojeet

>citing some meme study from 11 years ago on operating systems

Homosexuals don't care about computers, nobody cares about computers or smartphones for identity other than people on this board. Linux users, these days have the higher majority of other *sexuals. Windows has the most fag users by far.

Besides macOS is still the best personal operating system, also faggots have taste. The only thing God gave them to cope I guess.

I'd trust a homosexual with design over an autist or a pajeet.

Chromebooks are bretty gr8 if they have

-intel
-upgradable storage
-you replace chromeos

But most of them are bottlenecked by 4gb soldered RAM.

>downsides
yeah, fucking availability

>t. EXTREMELY MENTALLY ILL person (ie homosexual)

get some help

you're supposed to transfer your files to your home server remotely.

you DO have a home server, right?

Excellent rebuttal triptard. Time to go back to Plebbit

I agree that people here are insufferable autists, but
>apple design
>tasteful
maybe back when they made the black macbook, but now it's just that fucking ugly logo everywhere when they are supposed to have minimalist design and that aluminium unibody look is getting old, it reminds me of the shiny piano black plastic phase years ago

Don't you have some sweater to be knitting for your boyfriend and aids medication to pick up?

>robber breaks into your house
>your decoy chromebook is set up at your desk
>come home to your fridge lacking deli meat and alcohol, as well as your chromebook missing
>police easily track him down because the google botnet backtraced the chromebook

Just put a sign like pic related all over your house. Most robbers will be scared to even go in the yard.

>robber is a furfag
What then?

For a server. Linux runs the internet you know.

Buy a new keyboard for twenty bucks you faggot. Can't use a screwdriver? Neck yourself.

Don't you? Why are you so obsessed with gay people? Do you just come here to be triggered by Apple things?

I guess I've been hurt by them and don't want others to fall for their gay tricks.

Had an:
iPod 4tg gen
iPhone 6 plus
Macbook 2015

All of them fucking sucked.

Botnet, unless you fully remove Chrome OS.

>using winshit tablets
I'd rather use an iPad, and those use ARM and have a poorly scaled phone OS. Fuck off with your Microloo surface poo.

All tripfags are redditors. This is nothing new. At least you can filter him or laugh at the consistent stupidity coming from his username.

Oh of course you would, all you do is play angry birds with your boyfriend while he jerks blows you under the table.

>not actually gentoo based, just features portage

This article is obviously fake.

>t. gay poo in loo apple paid shill

Cub Linux is dead, GalliumOS is better anyways.

thread number? Wanna check the archives for that AMA

Okay Sup Forums, what's the most cheapest modular laptop out there?
Also is t420 one of them?
By modular I mean easily Replaceable parts without going through any hefty gymnastics. The more Replaceable parts, the better
>screen
>keyboard
>CPU
>trackpad
>ram
>battery
>adapters like WiFi and Bluetooth adapters
>the whole motherboard (less likely)
>gpu(less likely)
The laptop should atleast be relevant enough by today's standards.

>my personal experiences were bad although everyone else's seem to be average or positive for the highest consumer satisfaction rated company ever, regardless, I will continue to make dozens of anti-Apple posts every day to raise awareness of my personal experiences and I'll use a tripcode on an anonymous forum, making sure everyone knows who I am and what I've experienced. I also do this all for free.

I've seen enough of your posts to know you're not only a tech illiterate, but you're also generally fucking stupid.

Am I?

Just admit it and move on. Apple is trash.

The 2015? It's expensive as fuck and no upgradable storage, so you need the 64gb model
The 2013 is slow, deprecated, and has shit battery. It's probably also hot because of Sandy shit

>Facebook is faster on my MacBook than my desktop
>This is supposed to make apple look and and not make you look like a retard

>anyone who doesn't like winshit is gay
As a Windows user you're just sucking the other end of the double ended proprietary dildo. Consider suicide.

Just because you're right doesn't mean you're not being a faggot

>being a faggot
Well I guess that depends on your definition of it.

By the way how has your day been user? You seem genuinely frustrated, care to share what's up?

Chris Cornell died and tripfags still shameless act like faggots on my favorite boards. Been the shittiest day of the year at least

>Chris Cornell died
Yeah that was a real doozy, I thought it was another fake celebrity thing dam man. I liked his music too. Goes to show that money isn't everything.

>tripfags still shameless act like faggots on my favorite boards. Been the shittiest day of the year at least
Well you can always filter us, I'm not some permanent cancer you have to live with for the rest of your life. Let that filter rip m8, if it makes you happier than I'm happy too.

Hope things get better man, seems like we need more of than. First robin williams and now chris cornell.

>First Robin Williams
Jesus Christ

Well he's one of the few people I ever gave a fuck about. There's probably a toilet paper roll filled with significant people that killed themselves but I honestly don't care about them. Sue me.

>posting the same 5-8 pictures cycling through them every thread

Is this what you cling on to? A tech company has problems in some of its products sometimes, wow. Can you name a company that's managed to stay forever flawless? No, you can't because you're a dumb sheltered fuck who's never tried much. Even the glorious IBM ThinkPads weren't immune from a plethora of problems, ranging from dying GPUs to overall build quality problems. Manufacturing problems and design issues exist for all companies. Nothing changed the fact that Apple generally make the best smartphones and laptops. This is why they've made a gargantuan amount of money. Money does not lie.

Stop being a clueless underage tripnigger.

>Money doesn't lie
It does though, all the time

This and apple owes like billions of it in the form of taxes.

No, retard. It does not. You'd know if you ever had any.

All companies evade taxes, they employ people specifically to come up with and manage methods of evading taxes. Are you dumb or just underage? I bet both.

posting this comment from an early 2011 mbp that i use every day for web dev. stay hydrated my friend you are starting to sound delirious

The other 57 are female

It's not a Dell xps

They don't "owe" anything until they are legally required to pay it you fucking dumbshit.