India or China

Which culture/civilization you find more interesting? What do you think about China and India in 21st century? Do they have chance to become global superpowers?

China.

China

Sindhurakshak explosion and sicuan earthquake best days of my life

i think they're both gross. they were dirty and nasty two thousand years ago and now they're dirty, nasty, AND poor.

ancient india had better architecture tho

China is already a superpower, but India's more interesting

Even if we put memes aside, China is still more interesting
>inb4 "of course a Chinadian would say that"

China

>China
>Eventually will end up like bigger Japans
>No

>China is already a superpower
By the current definitions of Super power No

both china and your billion population toilet are fucking disgusting

>but muh classic literature
>muh architecture

if you didn't even have fucking plumbing until the 20th century, what more do you expect

Indians actually invented plumbing and indoor toilets in the Indus Valley.

PORTUGAL!

Im super into European Expansion

India

They've gone backwards.

China was the most powerful country up until the Industrial Revolution and completely retarded. Imagine a world where China cucked to western industrialization in the same way Japan did.

Economic superpower.

The only reason they aren't more politically important is because of how risk averse the Chinese leadership is. The SCS is only an issue because Obama backed off from there 2009-2014.

The Chinese literally haven't tried taking back Taiwan. Even their response to Tsai was rather muted compared to Chen.

Their population peaked at 300 Million in 500BC, but was only 100 Million by the 18th century.

>China was the most powerful country up until the Industrial Revolution and completely retarded.

But at the same time, their power was extremely geographically limited.

They didn't have as much incentive to conquer and colonize as Euros.

Why would you when you have everything you need?

I find chinese culture to be more interesting than that of india's and indian civilization to be more interesting than that of the chinks

What exactly is Indian "civilization"?

Indus Valley Civilization, Magadha Empire, Mauryan Empire, Gupta Empire, Chola Empire, etc

Why does it all sound like names of tropical diseases?

By "civilization", they were referring to the civilizations of the past, right?

Chngchongs. India is interesting in theory but somehow it never really clicked with me.

Yes

China

Dunno, I guess that's just how Indian names sound to foreigners
Oh and I have a few questions too
Why are there 6 York counties and 8 Orange counties in the USA? I know there are more counties like these which have the same name but belong to different states
Why not give em different names? Have you ever gotten confused due to this?
Thanks in advance, always had these in my mind

Weren't they generally shortly lived and less expansive in relation to Chinese empires?

That might explain ITT.

>York

I don't know exactly why.
When colonies were first established and new states explored, it was generally by British Americans.

Let's just say that Anglos aren't creative with placenames.
It's very likely they just named places after the town or country they were from in England.

As for why it has lasted so long? Well, let's just say that the American government is a relfection of the average American.

There is literally nothing interesting about china. India has trounced them in sheer spiritual and artistic output, with many important periods that are each interesting in their own right.

The Chinese have done nothing but sit on their asses until they genocide themselves every 400 years

You don't even get a (You)

>Weren't they generally shortly lived and less expansive in relation to Chinese empires?
Not necessarily
Only Indus valley and Magadha were less expansive since they were more concerned with economic growth than territorial growth IIRC
Most of the kingdoms lasted for quite long, for example Chola Dynasty started along the lines of 3rd Century until upto the 13th Century

South India > North India

I'm gonna learn more about India.

I'm more partial to China, but I don't see why that matters. Indian history is not well known in America.

I'm pretty sure India is inferior in every way.

>but muh democracy

Look what you have to show for it!

Not that big of a deal, that only happens in designated shitting streets, not in every street.

Hey my friend I'm from South India

The only good state in North India is Punjab
And all of the States in South India is good cause they are not yet westernised and they have a high literacy rate

They still highly value their culture and maintain it

Yeah I like South Indian history too
They were untouched by any kingdom in India up until the Britishers arrived I think

chinese civilization,i'm biased because i'm vietnamese which share similar things but china/east-asia had a lot of interesting early social developments ie secularism in the 11th century.

india has objectively somewhat better philosophy since its way more varied, but has way way shittier social developments. i doubt it'd be a super-power since it hasn't even industrialized yet, and its behind poorer countries like vietnam in terms of access to education, poverty-reduction and infrastructure and so-on.

japan has arguably done better than both in terms of artistic and cultural output despite really existing for only a thousand years, especially things which aren't even art like judo or aikido. they've had more interesting/varied theatre, literature and so-on and had a very high literate population, much higher than china and higher than the west during the 19th century.

this is so gross. i can't imagine an entire country doing this.

Yes. Hindu philosophy is interesting but ancient China excelled in practical philosophy.

>practical
As in tenuous and low-priority. Chinks are soulless and obsessed with material wealth, so a lot of good their dollar-store buddhism has done.

No really, the OP is about which is more "interesting"; what could possibly be interesting in the slightest about China?

> > 330345989 (You)

I think you're retarded nigger faggot, do something.

China is more interesting.
Living in either is not an acceptable situation.