The United States is the nation which its history is short

Does the people of the United States feel an inferiority complex to thing that the history of the own nation is short?

Their short history didn't stop them from bombing Japan twice.

what we lack in history we make up for in awesomeness ;)

The fact that with a relatively short history they are the first superpower its quite impressive tbqh

Not really. We content ourselves with the thought that while we have less history than the nations of Europe, our actions have made a disproportionately large mark on the history of the world.

Quality over quantity.

Americans mostly don't care. We're so isolated from the old world that we don't think about older countries that much. Our history is what it is

From what I've seen that is not the case. They've been around officially for about 200+ years, and they've made quite the impact. Americans take pride in this.

America is the new generation that's too hip and cool for old people (Europe/Asia/Etc) to understand.

literally why would they care. 400 years of history is more than enough to dedicate your life to studying. anyway its not like regular people give a damn about how long your history is, especially how it compares to that of insecure foreigners in europe on the internet
jesus christ life isnt an Sup Forums meme

It might be a short history but it certainly is eventful.
The US isn't the youngest nation either but I guess they all had to start somewhere.

this made me think, good thread japan.

We're actually very proud that we were able to achieve so much in so little time.
We've made quite a sizeable and lasting impact on the world for a country that's only about 240 years old.

hehehe *steals German inventors* hehehe

You think the US's history is short?

Ours is like
>Abos
>Captain Cook
>Colonies
>nothing happens for nearly 100 years
>Eureka rebellion
>Ned Kelly
>WWII

>nothing happens for nearly 100 years
wew lad
must be strange for australia, only really existing for 150 years.

Americans don't really think about the history of other countries, except when it involves the United States.

also
>new zealandese history
wew
even the maori only got there around 1200 AD
>people don't really think about history
fixed

>Does the people of the United States feel an inferiority complex to thing that the history of the own nation is short?

Do the people of Japan feel an inferiority complex to think that they are near to a country with at least 1000 longer history than their own?

First post best post.

our culture may only be 400 years old but we've done a lot in that time

>*steals*

They became American, we're a nation of immigrants, don't forget.

I didn't know we were that young
reading is for faggots

no you literally kidnapped them after berlin was kill let alone the tons of blueprints that came along
you won't feed me your bullshit burgers they hated your guts they became americans because its still better than giving head to commies

>they hated your guts they became americans because its still better than giving head to commies

Exactly. That's what I said. Should we have let them go to the commies or hang for being Nazis?

This world is so utterly innundated witb American semen that a thousand years from now the world will still be trying to scrape ot off their tongues.

whatever m8 what's done is done
its not like your nasa still rely on soviet made supersonic engines anyway

Nobody even cares about space anymore, welcome to the 21st century grandpa.

Oh yeah?! Well it's not like your space progra- OH YEAH!
LOL!

oy yeah?! well it's not like your immigration progra- OH YEAH! LOL!

This thread is dumb.

It suggests that after a successful revolution (or annexation of a country), history begins anew. This is true only for the state.

But the people are not magically cut off by such events from their ancestral forebears -- the genetic lines, the cultural inheritances, etc.

If American history began with the American Revolution, and therefore erased all that came before (for American people and culture, not the state), then why do American still speak English? Of course, the dialect has changed (as has the dialetc(s) of the UK in the same time, and more rapidly), but that's insignificant.

So, in short:

revolution/annexation brings about a new state. Hardly a new "history".

revolution/annexation does not bring about about a new national (in the strict sense of the word -- the people). The old cultural influences remain, but perhaps with some new principles (e.g., everything in the Constitution). History does not begin anew.

That's your retort?
Immigration?
It's bad enough you're fucked with being Algerian but holy shit.

>>Do the people of Japan feel an inferiority complex to think that they are near to a country with at least 1000 longer history than their own?

People's Republic of China was founded in 1949.

seems like i've touched a sensitive spot ricardo ?

>People's Republic of China was founded in 1949.

By corollary, post 1949, since history was erased for the Chinese people under the revolution, all cultural ties with the past were cut, and they made up a new language because the old one didn't exist anymore, new styles of dress, new foods to eat, historical cultural ties just magically faded away.

Your whole slant on this is based on weak armchair theory... I'd be inclined to say "go outside and see for yourself that you're wrong" but common sense should suffice.

Basically, your theory is provocative, but ultimately retarded. It will gain traction only with people who are gullible and know nothing about history and culture.

New Zealand is a younger country IIRC.
The problem with countries like these that have short histories, though, is that some people feel like they don't have much history.
This is why you see many people in countries like the U.S. that are very, very proud of distant Irish or German heritage, and really latch onto that, for instance.
Here in New Zealand, I see some of that, but a lot of people are out-of-touch with European heritage, or just think of themselves as 'generic white people', which is extremely fucking sad.

Why would it get under my skin if I'm Hispanic?

It's fun to look back on your history as a country but mostly irrelevant in our daily lives. So not really.

No not at all. We've accomplished a lot more in 200 or so odd years than most nations

relatively its a short one compared to Europe or japan, but its still a rich history.