1000 Mongol horse archers vs 2000 Roman legionnaires in an open steppe

1000 Mongol horse archers vs 2000 Roman legionnaires in an open steppe

Who wins?

>fighting mongols head on head in open space

Mongols win without a single casualty.

The Parthians at Carrhae in 53BC were able to kill 20k Romans with negligible casualties using tactics that were slighly similar to what the Mongols did.

The Mongols were 1300 years more advanced than the Parthians, they were tougher, smarter, more dangerous than the Parthians in every single aspect.

Dumb question

Well who knows? maybe the one who brought their falcon to the cinema?

hubbubbububluh

1000 more advanced troops using superior tactics built for their turrain, or a bunch of soldiers who's only calling card was being a large standing professionally trained army.

Hard one.

You don't know anything, what were the results of battles where Roman soldiers fought horse archers? Find them and tell me.

right here, dumb fuck

>in an open steppe

no one, they all go home because pitched battles are retarded and no one does this shit, look it up, all mongols ever did was siege cities because this is useful, same with romans, they werent randomly killing each other in the fields, they were killing each other over useful shit like cities and gold/metal or food/fields etc

mongols

What tactics could possibly stand against mongol tactic?

Literally nothing in the military sense.

our Tzar Ivaylo BTFO the mongs with an army of peasants so he must have done something right

>Be mongol
>btfo other mongols.
Teach us your ways wise hun.

well to be fair, the chinese tried to do the same thing to its northern nomads a few times, ie rolled in with super-huge armies and tried to wipe out raiders by occupying land.

romans were generally terrible at mobile warfare and got btfo by any civilization which didn't rely on having settlements ie some germanic tribes, sarmatians/scythians and so-on.

this reminds me I should read up on the muscovy people, they not only liberated themselves from the mongs but proceeded to occupy 1/12 of Earth's surface and put a first man in space and make most nukes and stuff, and it all started with liberating themselves and everyone else from the mongols

>murdered by nogay khan
kek

KHAN'D

that's some nice going from point a to point z there.

its like saying

>normans managed to not only defeat the french but also built steam engines

naval tactics, coastal defense. they got btfo trying to land an army against japan and vietnam.

Romans make a tactical withdrawal to nearest fortified garrison and send messengers along their road system for reinforcement by legions and auxiliaries
Mongols literally btfo

never trust a slimy gook

>tactical withdrawal
they would get fucked up. they cannot possibly outrun superior mongol logistics.

man i can't wait for VR and games in maybe 10-15 years. by then i'd imagine there would be real historical simulators except you don't die of dysentary.

and all the fantasy rape and pillage to your hearts content.

The Mongolian Bow could fire arrows straight through those Roman boy lovers.