>manual trannys

>be me european
>gonna go down to the market in my CAR, WHICH HAPPENS TO BE A MANUAL TRANSMISSION AUTOMOBILE, THOSE LAZY AMERICANS WITH THEIR AUTOMATTYS DONT KNOW THE FEELING OF MANUALLY CHANGING GEAR
>"good old stick shift" I think to myself as I start the car, it's much more practical to press on the clutch to start the car, those lazy Americans don't know the feeling of having to take an extra step to do the job of turning on the car
>as I decide to get the car into gear I slip the clutch and the car turns off, oops. Still more fun than a stupid auto transmission.
>finally get into 1st and get on my way, I change up another gear and then another, man I feel like Schumacher! Those silly Americans don't know this feel!
>as I approach a stop I have to change down gears, fuck up on the changes and stall, I hold up traffic behind me consequently.
>finally get my shit straight and arrive at the market after endless gear changing
>oh no, the only parking space is on a hill
>no matter, im sure i can park it without crashing into anything.
>get my ratio wrong, crash into the car behind me
>fuck my insurance is going to rape me
>still mutter to myself "those lazy amerifats and their automemetic transmissions kek"

A vehicle is meant to do the work for you, not the other way around

stick is archaic, automatics are the future

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464713594225.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=zCQ-etiFyho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stick life.

my sister did the automatic only course, because she's a woman.

She can't drive for shit. Pays about 30% more for fuel despite her car is ~20 years newer than mine and has like 5L/100km less fuel consumption.

Automatic is a meme, it'll take a couple of years until it's efficient and affordable.

>He cant control his feet so he presses down more than he should on the pedals
America

clearly you have mistaken this for a "let's pretend it's 1997" Sup Forums thread

>but but I can shift faster than you

No you can't, automatics have been engineered to do the job of shifting PERFECTLY

>but but on a track

You never go on a track, you barely come out of your room or basement, irrelevant point

manual is better for stop and go traffic.
I know you have low standards in absolutely everything, but manual is nowhere near perfect.

you've never been in LA traffic, stick is awful for that everything else though it's perfect
t. stick driver

>manual is better for stop and go traffic.

>manual is better for stop and go traffic

holy shit Fritz you really are dumb

>I can't into fine motor skills

>I enjoy riding the shit out of my clutch

Don't kid yourself, man. Manuals suck in traffic.

>Be me
>Finally going to get my new car pic related
>Schedule a drive test
>Very ecxited
>Sales person is woman
>sheshot.jpg
>Get nervous
>Car is a manual
>No problem
>Start it and try to get out of the dealership garage
>It fucking dies
>Try again
>DIES AGAIN
>Oh shit this isnt as my crappy old VW
>Finally get it out
>Drive in silence
>Return the car and go home
I feel like an idiot can´t call to finish the purchase
I hate myself

automatic does, because it never changes gears accordingly, starts up in first gear always and stays in 2nd gear unless you drive faster than 40km/h.

>manual is better for stop and go traffic.
this is incorrect
however i literally can't drive autos anymore
every car i've owned is manual because automatics put me to sleep

>ametifats cant even shitpost without stalling

>be me Fritz
>take my Renault Megan to the nürburging
>finally I'm in my element
>get overtaken by another Renault Megan
>it was an automatic
>kill myself

>tfw looking to buy wrx
should i buy the auto lads? Im notoriously bad at driving stick

Is your 9-3 an Aero?

Most streets are 35 mph zones here freund

Do they even make the wrx in auto?

>feel like I need to shift
>go for the clutch
>realize I'm driving an automatic when I brake

>Pays about 30% more for fuel despite her car is ~20 years newer than mine and has like 5L/100km less fuel consumption.

wow this sounds so factual

there is literally no benefit to manual cars

it's literally just pointless extra effort

>driving an automatic downhill
>BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE BRAAAAAAAKE

>driving stick
>shift into third
>Laugh as autotards ruin their brakes

Does your sister drive a lifted 76 Chevy with a parachute for a tailgate?

Anymore, probably, but it's just a lot more fun for me. I like the added control. Sure, an automatic may be better at shifting quickly, but it won't always be able to pick the right gear for the situation, at least not quickly.

>have to replace my clutch every 3 months because I shift like a monkey

When I put an ACT performance clutch in my s2k I felt like I was learning to drive stick all over again. Some cars just have a sticky clutch. Just gotta figure out where the friction point of your pedal is. After that it's cake.

yes sir
2.8t
this everytime

No sabía que vendían Renault en México

There is. It's just trivial for most people who use a vehicle. I'm sure everyone Tokyo drifts to work tho.

For being FWD Saabs handle really nicely. Nice interior too. It's a shame the company died.

>>driving an automatic downhill

This is also not a problem on most modern automatics.

My 2001 automatic dodge intrepid has a steptronic transmission. I switch manually into low gears when down hill.

Then when i level out i switch back to auto.

Just face it user, for 99% of modern people, an automatic is perfectly fine and infinitely more comfortable than a stick

Why can't I cross board from /wsg/ anymore?

Llevan muchos años aquí

>I switch manually into low gears when down hill.
You know that's bad for the torque converter right?

>you now realize that yuros drive manual so much because they are poor and cant afford the ~$1500 extra cost

We don't need to drive to go to the market in europe though

I don't know.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464713594225.webm

Every stickshift car has a different feel. I always drive my friend's cars like shit because my clutch feels totally different. You aren't alone mexibro.

Coches franceses son mierda.

>Sales person is woman

At least you didn't go to this dealer.

youtube.com/watch?v=zCQ-etiFyho

Only women can't drive manual here. Are you cute, OP?

noice choice

>he doesn't put it in a lower automatic gear

>Put it into a lower gear.
>1000 rpm off red line
>ECU up shifts anyway

Is driving manual really that hard? I havent done it but i feel like i could figure it out pretty quick.

nah senpai it's ez

Seriously, nobody who is used to drive manuals thinks about when to shift or what he does with his feet. That are Ami problems only...

Yes, modern automatics work nearly perfectly but only when they have a double clutch gearbox which shifts really fast.
I remember driving an old American automatic and I was so frustrated after 5min because the shifting was so slow and at stupid shifting points, that I wished I had a good old shifty stick.

BREDDY GUD DAGUMI :DDDDD

nah plenty of people here drive manual as well without a hitch

only autists really care a lot about this kinda stuff though

wew lad speak for yourself my old car had a hard clutch, i drove in traffic and wanted to kms