What will your country call its first faster-than-light starship?

What will your country call its first faster-than-light starship?

It should have something to do with speed and outer space.

U.S.S.S Donald J. Trump

Voyageur of course

Quetzalcoatl
what else?

D.U.D.E.W.E.E.D.L.M.A.O. T.2016

Galactica

If they didn't name it Enterprise I'd be pissed.

I have a friend who works in ONI.

Our first orbit capable weaponized vessel is going to be USS Molten Shadow. Pretty badass tbqh.

Proofs?

light has no velocity limit - universe does

you can't go faster than that.

we're trapped here. it doesn't seems that there is anything interesting outside neither.

probably everything's just a simulation

>mfw other countries think they'll have one in the same century as us

>mfw American FTL starships "accidentally" crash into China and wipe out 2 billion people

Space dilation and contraction seems like a viable means of FTL travel

Probably the USS Barack Obama
It's 2216 after all

>you can't go faster than that.
Your velocity isn't greater than the speed of light on an FTL vessel

theoretically

but manipulating spacetime itself doesn't seem something easy, safe, etc

I don't think anything as simple as a ship could do it.

>USS Molten Shadow
Pure sex in name form

Aliens do it...

Yamato
with wave motion engine

yes, the typical ufo movements is what we would expect to see from the outside if some craft was using a warp drive

But we don't have any real proof that ufos are actually alien. there is a lot of stuff before that, atmospheric rare events, hoax, etc.

if we got real evidence, then yes, it might be possible to practically travel faster than light. but we don't.

Quick Flyer

Me and a friend of mine saw a point of light puttering along then all of a sudden zoomed off so it wasn't propelled by any conventual means

it might be a lie, but considering it true:

it might be a rare atmospheric event, as ball lighting. it happens and look rare as hell.

there is a place in norway that have been considered a hot place of ufos since always. dozens of impressive sightings captured in video, pics.

when scientists came to investigate it, it was proven true. and thanks to that they saw that these objects might not have any mass. so it's probably a very rare, regular, natural thing

amazing and extraordinary, but not alien

Cool

I didn't consider that it was alien because I don't know but what I do know is that me and one other person saw what was presumably a space craft take off at an extraordinary speed from a slow cruise

I'd imagine that whoever is in the space fleet would have a new branch in the military

how do you know it was a craft and not an electrified ball, f.ex?

most of ufos are light balls. that's not common for a craft. a ufo with strong light radiation is probably a rare natural phenomenon

USS BLACKED

It was as bright as a really bright star so it was already outside of our atmosphere presumably

then the only thing that doesn't make it a satellite is the sudden zoom off

if it was just a rapid fade off then it's a satellite

if it was real motion, with non reasonable fast speed, then it can't be physical (atmospheric)

or an unknown, very advanced craft, but we need proof that it was a real object (f.ex radar confirmation)

It was a rapid zoom, I've never seen anything like it before and I live in the country so I look at the night sky quite often

leaf

Bump

>faster than light
I'm looking for a translation of "Oil Snake" in my language.

Wait as a shadow that melt? That sounds stupid desu. Is it an idiom?

>USS
so its going to be a boat that can go into space or are you just a moron who doesn't know what does and does not get the USS prefix?

NSSP Julije Klović

Avaruuslaiva Juoksukaljat

Mildly kek'd

>Travelling Voyeur

Good name, but I think it would be USNS, or whatever the hell the Air Force wants.
Moves like liquid shadow, which sounds pretty cool

PSS Galactic Whore Locator

They would name it either after Academic Korolev or after Yuri Gagarin.