Debian Stretch will be released in five minutes

Debian Stretch will be released in five minutes.

Who gives a fuck about that piece of shit.

I care, fuck my balls and lick my ass, fight me faggot arch user.

Did you say **five freeza minutes?**

Finally a new Base for the Base of my Distro

>fight me faggot arch user.
But I use Gentoo GNU/Linux

Why would one lie about this?

What anime is this

Sword Art Online season 2

Roast in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Pig 2

its mewtwo from pokemon

Piccolo MD

mewtwo looks like THAT?

I thought frieza was a girl when I was younger.

When it mega-evolves yes.

already 2 hours and nothing...

You can install it right fucking now, it's been frozen since october of last year.

Is this supposed to be cool or impressive? All the "new features" are just shit that every other distro has had for years now

It's supposed to be the new Debian release.

Bocu No Pico

"muh stable repo"

seriously though if you only use stable you're better off waiting

Debian has always been like this. Debian has its own advantages. If you don't use it then this wouldn't be of any interest to you.

Stretch your anus

bible black

Why so much Debian hate? Literally the best distribution and operating system out there and I wouldn't change it for anything. I don't mind the outdated packages, I can do my job perfectly and if I couldn't, getting a single package through backports or compiling wouldn't be a big deal. I've always been the kind of guy who never updates stuff for features, only for security and fixes.

>Literally the best distribution and operating system out there and I wouldn't change it for anything.
That is NOT how you spell Gentoo.

Wum Punsch Ma'am

Kind of the point. Debian is stable but behind-the-curve by design.

inb4 I should be autistically maintaining my computer every day praying for programs to break so I have something other to do than beat off and eat cheetos

Compared to the hate on other distros, I'd say Sup Forums mostly realizes the superiority of Debian.

Okay, I can give you this. I personally like having everything quickly available through apt. If I wasn't such an lazy moron I'd probably install Gentoo again. Debian is a (not so close) second though.

Install Gentoo is a joke designed to trick people into putting an operating system on the metal that is essentially completely unusable to a layman computer user.

Yes, Gentoo is a great operating system. But it's also more often than not a good prank.

Not same guy but fuck you asshole how dare you trash talk my dear ARCH I IKL FUCKING KEEL U FICKING NIGGET FSGGT

>wake up
>no debian 9
How do you cope?

yes, Debian is great, that's why there are so many distros built on top of it. Ubuntu, Mint, fucking Kali, it's basically the go-to choice when someone wants to make a distro.

>echo $CURRENT_YEAR
>using anything but Void Linux

>that piece of shit.
>about the best linux distro
really makes you think about the linux market

>Why so much Debian hate?

Debian betrayed us all and gave in to systemd.

>systemd on a distro that's supposed to run on servers and actually be stable
yeah, sure

By using Debian 9.

I appreciate Ubuntu for what it is and Raspbian is nice but rest of the distros that are based on other distros are... meh. Why would I ever use LMDE over Debian?

Void is kind of nice. Definately my third choice after Gentoo and Debian. Shame it's still a bit rough and lacks some packages I really need.

Now, that's actually decent argument against Debian. Usually I just see bitching about outdated software, which is kind of the whole point. I don't personally have any need to have the latest packages nownownownow. Hell, my spotify looked like pic related until last year and now I hate it.

Inb4
>spotify

what is devuan

You could not comprehend the form of Debian's attack!

a distro half of my countries' unix/linux sysadmins actually prefer over debian.
people who bitch at debian because of the outdated packages don't understand the whole point of that distro. Sure, sometimes it exagerates (see Xscreensaver creator's roast), but hey - it has its strengths, and the the graphical environment is not one them

>his distro version is only supported for 5 years
Went to CentOS and haven't looked back

Ubuntu goes against the entire point of the GNU project. It, just like Mint, contains by default non-free software and malicious features.

The only thing that can be said in favor of Ubuntu is that its more professional than Mint. But it's more professional than Mint at being bad. It's got some great software up its sleeve, though. Say what you will about Unity, I really liked the introduction of an intenterface.

I agree, systemd is a dealbreaker for servers in my book. But that's what we have Devuan for, and even so, there are server-centric distros out there anyway, so I don't see what the fuss is over.

Am I the only one who gets heeby-jeebies from CentOS's governance?

You can't use phrases like "Special Interest Groups" in your hierarchy of developers and not creep people out.

> Actually having an init system that doesn't shit the bricks when a proc malfunctions

It's like you all run hundreds of servers here and actually make money out of them

NOTIFY_SOCKET=/run/systemd/notify systemd-notify ""

Fixed like half and year ago
How many race conditions does that original init has?

you're talking about systemd as if it was a new init system and, if it was just that - I'd be okayish with it.
But we're talking about half a userland here, which, alas - does not make my server much more reliable than before, even with all the race conditions of sysvinit, at the huge expense in terms of time and money.
Which means that systemd is useless crap that is not worth switching to.

t. MacTodller

Its way more reliable than openrc.

In what world are you living in?

sjw distro cuckposter

In a world with no no fstab no race conditions perfect ssh automounting and 5 second boots to xorg.

Dragon Ball Z

Fuuu..uuuuck!

dumb nigger 90% of boot times at this point is waiting for UEFI to post

>Implying any of those features are valid enough reasons to have 300,000+ LOC init system that is swallows everything it touches.

You suck my nigga.

Wrong.

>Anime
Hi.
Go to hell.

Bam from Tower of God

Ben 10 Omniverse