The ransomware that killed windows

The ransomware that killed windows

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TVIhXwFJXMg
youtube.com/watch?v=TErrIvyj_lU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So, how do they get their bitcoin spoils transferred back into real money?

Are you really this retarded?

The ransomware that killed Linux... oh wait it wasn't even alive

?

Everyone already forgot about it.

>trust me man, im a good guy, i guarantee ill decrypt your stuff

Is that one of your delusions, Linux fanboy?

Year of penguin now

maybe he means without getting caught

>implying anyone but poorfags and Sup Forums manchildren use Winshit

You know this virus was the first time I realized how little normies understand or care about their safety/computer working. I had a friend over when this was breaking so I was talking about it with him and showing him the infection map. I found out after that he was facing away from the screen due to how much seeing a worm like that spread unnerved him.

I let him know after that he and everyone in his household will be safe if they make sure they update their PC. I feel good about my fear mongering and know he will only be sharing his data with Microsoft (one step at a time with these people) and not losing it to a virus. Find out five days later he didn't bother updating his PC or mentioning it to anyone in his house as he laughs at the idea.

Fuck these people. They deserve everything that's coming to them if they want to ignore the signs this bad.

>that font rendering

Hij zou blij moeten zijn dat al die kanker weg is.

Wow... another Windows exclusive.

I never updated my PC before and never updated it after this virus
what are you gonna do

>lol there's a gun fight going on outside my house and I'm gonna walk to the store
>what u gonna do u can't do nothin

>$600
>most people have cheaper shittier computers
Might as well start that new build if that happens to them.

>do this
>live
How do you like me now

I have linux with dual boot windows 7. Ive never done any kind of updation and never had any sort of anti virus software.
Nothing has changed. Fast smooth and virus free

are the files actually encrypted? even if they are you can still back them up using an disk image editor in a linux distro. just keep it in a cold hard drive until somebody cracks it. then reformat your system.

*blocks its path*
youtube.com/watch?v=TVIhXwFJXMg

>customers

There are bitcoin laundering services. Or they use bitcoin -> monero -> cash. What's the status of monero anyway?

> hurr i'm an expert, i don't need stoopid 'updates'
> WOW WHAT THE FUCK MS IS SHIT THIS RANSOMWARE LOCKED DOWN MY PC
> WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN THE PATCH WAS RELEASED OVER A MONTH AGO AS PART OF THE WINDOWS UPDATES

When i told my spineless + clueless cuckold of a father that i had updated his office PC (which i built for him) with the march patch he said he didn't know what ongoing cyberattack i was talking about. I was like are you sure it was all over the news on every channel and in the papers the past week over and then the moron's just like lolidunno

Ya, how about I just stick to windows lmao.

Probably the funniest thing is that if he got infected and his shit got encrypted, he'd likely try to blame it on you ("because you didn't correctly explain what to do" etc.).

>never installed an update in my life since 2000
>no exploit related viruses, only shit that was installed from a pendrive until in 2005 i found out that you can disable autorun (i didn't even bother before because my AV would remove everything anyway)
if you get infected in some way you're probably retarded and should use linux right now

>Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters" SMB1 -Type DWORD -Value 0 –Force
Psss, nothin personnel

bakara

Attacks of a similar scale have happened in the past, dealing way more economical damage as well. Nothing changed then, nothing is going to now.

>The ransomware that killed Windows machines who were several months out of date or even completely out of support for over a year.

FTFY, lincuck.

Holy fuck my English has deteriorated so much, it's sad.

>implying windows will ever die

youtube.com/watch?v=TErrIvyj_lU

I work for a hosted security provider, it has not been forgotten just because you and your 2 neet friends patched your shitty windows 10 installs.

>FTFY
Back to plebbit