Is Kaspersky anti-virus any good? Cons and pros...

Is Kaspersky anti-virus any good? Cons and pros? Do I have to worry about the whole Russian spying thing or are they allegations?

Other urls found in this thread:

onmsft.com/news/google-chrome-engineer-says-windows-defender-the-only-well-behaved-av
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/former-mozilla-engineer-disable-your-antivirus-software-except-microsofts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

all antiviruses are a shit botnet, just use commonsense

if you're on win10 you already have windows defender which is as good as any purchasable antivirus

Install Common Sense

Been using it for over 10 years and I can vouch for it being pretty damn good. Bullgaurd is apparently the best but it's not very user-friendly. Take your pick

this shit eats too much ram
i prefer nod32

>Do I have to worry about the whole Russian spying thing or are they allegations?

I would bet a dollar to a donut that using Kaspersky puts you at severe risk from Russian criminal gangs and their friends in government just from the wiretapping the FSB can run on them alone.

t. infosec consultant.

>Installing a literal Russian botnet from and FSB front-company to protect yourself from malware
What could he have intended to signify with such representations?

antivirus business is fucking scam they create more loopholes instead of protecting you
here some links read b4 you purchase one of those scamware
onmsft.com/news/google-chrome-engineer-says-windows-defender-the-only-well-behaved-av

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/former-mozilla-engineer-disable-your-antivirus-software-except-microsofts/

Kapersky is literally the only company to have detected NSA backdoors. It's the best there is.

>buying antivirus

>using anti virus

>f you're on win10 you already have windows defender which is as good as any purchasable antivirus
Is this true?

as long as you keep your system up to date, it's not bad; better than nothing.

>Is it true?
Considering they datamine you and sell your data to the NSA, no.

The one on the right looks like he can handle himself though.

Yes but it's not saying much

You want the best? Get Vipre. I'm also partial to ESET. One of the few that even when infected will still report it.

Bitdefender guys in the house? 3 years with them.

It's a good AV, but it is in fact, compromised. Just use NOD32.

> puts you at severe risk from Russian criminal gangs
>t. infosec consultant.

I remember when I used to role-play on the internet

>Defender
>well-behaved
It's a bit overzealous, I get false positive deletions on game cracks and mods all the time.

> Do I have to worry about the whole Russian spying thing or are they allegations?
There is a KSN botnet, so probably you should.

>2017
>pirating software
What are you 12?

>security
>for mac
one day there will be a large outbreaks, and all apple is going to do is just going to make everyone buy new apples shit instead of fixing or patching

Any antivirus program is only about 10 percent effective and stops only the most common and known shit.

It's not bad, but you don't get anywhere with antivirus alone. Don't be lulled into a false sense of security.

Security definitely seems to be reliant on common sense. As it stands, understanding what you install and run is good enough. Knowing not to follow the fucking direction in a spam email. Idea tidying a spam email.

This is very old information, but it still protects you for the time being. If NSA wants to watch you, they will. No stopping it.

I just wonder what the next big thing is, and how damaging yet avoidable it will be.

If you really care about security, use Linux or Mac. Kaspersky is fine, but I personally think F-Protect has a better record of putting their customers interests first.

holy shit winfags are actually this tech illiterate

> 2017
> caring about ram consumption in the age of Chrome bloat, Electron bs and 8/16/32GB
I'd rather have higher ram usage than CPU, cache all that you must so it's faster.
Better than nothing but still quite a long way to go to beat others.
Kaspersky is top notch technology but it's too close for comfort to the Russian government.
Good alternatives are Emsisoft, Eset, Avast.