/w4v/ - Daily Wait for Vega Thread - 16 GB RX VEGA, HBM2 OVERCLOCKING, COMPUTEX LAUNCH CONFIRMED

This is where we wait for the latest AMD graphics card which AMD will surely release in a timely manner and will definitely blow all of our minds, no questions asked, 100% guaranteed, no chance it'll fail, just you wait.

MORE BREAKING NEWS:
COMPUTEX LAUNCH CONFIRMED
16 GB RADEON RX VEGA CONFIRMED
HBM2 OVERCLOCKING CONFIRMED
CONFIRMED CONFIRMED CONFIRMED
videocardz.com/69679/official-amd-radeon-rx-vega-showcase-at-computex
>rebbit ama
>raja unironically using rebbit

The latest that isn't from some rebbit fad:
videocardz.com/69658/amd-officially-announces-computex-press-conference-on-may-31st
anandtech.com/show/11403/amd-unveils-the-radeon-vega-frontier-edition

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/69662/raja-koduri-explains-where-radeon-rx-vega-in-reddit-ama
tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-7-1700-cpu-review,5009-3.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>COMPUTEX LAUNCH CONFIRMED
More like Founders Edition paper launch confirmed.

Also the fact they try and advertise it to professionals means that they probably wont beat the Titan Xp

just wait

You could have at least posted the interesting shit he said on libbit

>CANT WAIT FOR MUH VIDYEO GAEMS
Literally all wait-let fags

Hynix could have made enough HBM2 for hundreds of thousands of Vega GPUs just since that rumor started going around.

Who care about Titan Xp? I want a card of 1080/Ti level with competitive price. Its all comes down to the price of Vega gpus.

IM LITERALLY SHAKING

>We’ll be showing Radeon RX Vega off at Computex, but it won’t be on store shelves that week.

POO IN THE LOO
O
O

POO IN THE GPU

>Who care about Titan Xp?
It would be a complete marketing failure to try and sell a 1080ti level GPU after 1080ti release for premium cost with a fucking blower cooler.

>rebbit

Go to VideoCardz your fucking self, asshole.

Couldn't AMD rerelease Fury something with more clocks and memory in 2016 if they planned for Vega to hit in 2017?

was listening mr Tech Deals and Joker talk about Vega being late and problems with manufacturing. That if they plan to release in June they should have been built 3 months earlier.... And since they already had working units in December that there shouldn't be production issues.

i have no faith in AMD and they will likely botch the release with inadequate supplies, but it would be great for them if they go to Computex and pull an E3 trick. "This is Vega and its available *long pause* now"

>"We’ll be showing Radeon RX Vega off at Computex, but it won't be on store shelves that week"

>Expect Vega on store shelves by December 31, 2017 at the latest!

They've confirmed full release of consumer Vega before the end of next month.

nop

videocardz.com/69662/raja-koduri-explains-where-radeon-rx-vega-in-reddit-ama

AMD knows that the main reason people buy their products is solely because they aren't the competitor. AMD knows that the longer they don't release their product, the less they will disappoint and the more hype they will build up. Then after finally releasing it, and it not meeting expectations at all, they will still buy it because "Well shit I've been waiting a year and a half I'm just gonna get it anyway". AMD will hold this off as long as they can
I've been screenshotting Vega posts since January so this time around those watifags can't lie and say "nobody said it would be X performance, I see nothing wrong here we completely expected Y performance" happens everytime

Yeah, it won't be available for purchase at Computex, which is May 30th. I said by the end of next month, shill.

limited, and why you call me a ''shill''??

Ryzen absolutely blew the fuck out of all expectations. Intel's HEDT lineup is dead, and the only processors worth buying are the 7600k and 7700k. An easy OC on a 1700 or 1600 will give you similar single core performance with twice as many cores.

I've see posts saying both, you can find idiots supporting literally any claim.

>limited
Hey look, it's that same shitty rumor. Hynix and Samsung could put out enough HBM2 for 16,000 Vega dies in a weekend, or less. There will be more than 16,000 Vega cards available at launch and anyone who still believes that rumor is an idiot or a shill.

>Vega is gonna be shit
>R-Ryzen
Ok bud

>16,000 Vega dies
>in a weekend
>in a weekend
>in a weekend

[Citation needed]

>RYZEN WILL BE SKYLAKE SINGLE CORE WITH EIGHT CORES FOR UNDER 400
>I see no issue here we fully expected haswell levels single core performance this is a great deal
Wish I screenshotted those posts

Depends only about the price of this shit.

SK Hynix puts out a million wafers a month. 16,000 Vega dies is 32,000 HBM2 stacks, which is less than 3 300mm^2 wafers.

yeah if this "shit" is gonna be as cheap as ryzen vs intel then It be le interesting hehe :^) lulz memes.

[Citation needed]

AMD WAIT™

The post I quoted was saying AMD never lives up to the hype. Clearly, Ryzen did.

The general consensus was Haswell IPC with 4-8 cores and SMT. No one expected such low TDP or to be able to OC and achieve Skylake IPC or more, and no one expected Ryzen to kill Intel's HEDT lineup.

>no one expected
>no one
I guess someone lost memory of last 365 days...

Ryzen didn't live up to the hype at all
Did you even bother reading the hype about it?
It was supposed to blow Intel out of the water, destroy all of their processors
In reality it did nothing, Intel is still growing strong and releasing fuck all cause they didn't get the competition they should have

10/10

>skylake ipc
It's not even close though are you high?

how do you expect me to bite with nothing good on the hook?
ive got 500 babies to feed raja

Sorry, don't know where I got three from, the number is 50 wafers. HBM2 is 7.75mmx11.87mm die, you can get 650 dies from a 300mm^2 die.

>Ryzen lived up to the hype
Where have you been living these past 5 years?

Did you even read what I posted above? Have you been paying attention? The only Intel processors worth buying are the 7600k and 7700k, and with a slight OC the cheaper 1700 and 1600 match them in single core performance. Anyone willing to do a little bit of research before they buy will buy AMD this generation.

>Clearly, Ryzen did
Stockholm syndrome

The 1700 overclocked does not match the single core performance of a 7700k
Nice try though pajeet, nobody is buying Ryzen outside of AMD fans
AMD needs to do a whole lot better with Zen+, then maybe I'll consider getting a team red account like you

Compare the Ryzen 7 1700 at 4GHz to the 6700k, they trade blows.

zen+ will be zen +5% higher clockrate.
Basically what they did with RX580 and other rebrands

You can expect it to be called Ryzen Radeon X9

No it doesn't

Go to bed, Mr. Krzanich

tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-7-1700-cpu-review,5009-3.html

>tom shillware
>relevant source
Pick only one

>more cores beats less cores in physics tests
Congratulations raja what a fair comparison of IPC
Stupid fuck

Oh look, seven entirely evidence free shillposts about Ryzen. Feel free to hop over to for 50+ benchmarks BTFO'ing your kiketel shekelchasing, but I'd prefer not to derail this one into the same argument.

Cow got your tongue?

>Stupid shils JEW JEW JEW
>Links to a thread full of counter shills
Not too bright are you? Gotta have other people make your arguments for you by spamming cherry picked benchmarks like they do every single thread?
>SKYLAKE IPC
>SEE LOOK AT THIS PROOF OF MY ROCKET LEAGUE BENCHMARKS WHERE RYZEN IS 20 FPS BEHIND

>COMPUTEX LAUNCH CONFIRMED

He literally explicitly said they weren't launching at computex and weren't launching the same week as computex.

holy fuck do you people even listen or read

>Yet more evidence free shillposting

I'm pretty sure this is what happened and will happen:

>We'll beat the 1080 with this
>Nvidia shits out the 1080ti
>Holy fuck how did they do that delay delay
>We'll beat the 1080ti with this
>Computex announcement
>launch 2 months later
>Volta arrives same time
>btfo AMD anyways

you know those people literally have a specific folder of cherry picked benchmarks for Ryzen despite every other source showing those benchmarks to be incorrect right
mods are banning these people for de-railing threads and spamming images of the same shit, they do it everywhere
>Post a graph of intel performing better
SHILL SHILL SHILL FALSE
>Post graph of AMD performing better
HAHAHAHA INTEL BTFO

You guys gotta grow up, if anyone is shilling it's you, because you clearly put in alot more effort of spending five hours posting graphs over and over

You haven't posted any evidence at all of the 1700 having the same IPC as a 6700k at 4ghz
Fucking moron, hang yourself back at funnyjunk

check out people running single instructions through ryzen to get the actual ipc

ryzen's equal or beating intel in ipc - the only thing dragging them down are optimizations and intel's compiler bullshit

>volta
>2017
you got to go back

>Posting evidence is bad
>Instead you should make hundreds of evidence free crying wojak "POO POO POO" shitposts a week.
(You)

Never even said anything about wojaks kid, that was you projecting. Someone spent five hours cherry picking benchmarks and posting them on a columbian thumb wrestling board and you have the balls to call me a shill?
You were right, my apologies, too late to delete my previous IPC posts as to not confuse others

You cannot cannot "cherry pick" 50+ benchmarks showing results in 50-100 different applications. At that point it's simply showing the majority of benchmarked workloads.

Two different products and two different divisions, there is no guarantee VEGA will exceed expectations.

>after finally releasing it, and it not meeting expectations at all, they will still buy it because "Well shit I've been waiting a year and a half I'm just gonna get it anyway"
I'd run of patience and say fuck it when desperate for an upgrade, bought a 980 on impulse because it was on sale and needed a better GPU after 390X(confused with Fury at the time) was delayed, happy I did that at the time considering how long it took to manage to find a Fury in stock and 390X released 2 months later and ended up being very close performance and cost wise so it didn't really matter.

Solid 4K 60fps on Ultra without AA for recent demanding DX11 titles is my desired target, even 1080Ti cannot achieve this level of performance for demanding titles so I don't have my hopes up.
I am not in a rush to upgrade now, so hopefully this time around they'd have enough Vegas in stock at launch. If it fails to meet expectations then there is a fat chance I'd buy their product and just wait on Volta.

It's pretty easy to cherry pick 50 graphs out of thousands of benchmarks to prove your point
See here I can show the 7700k beating the 1800x in IPC
It's incredibly easy

Unless you want a gpu for mining, you're in for getting a shiny new GPU with bad drivers that can't play games. Go away corporate shills.

See here too I can show the 7700k shitting on the $500 1800x in an AMD sponsored game
It's really really easy to cherry pick to show what you want. I've gotten to the point where I just don't even fucking listen to any benchmarks anymore, none of them are accurate

Next.

So, if your argument is that one can cherry pick and infinite number of benchmarks to prove any point, then there is no point to continuing this discussion since, by your definition, no evidence can be produced to support any argument or conclusion and I have no interest in evidence free screeching.

>4.2GHz base
>3.6GHz base

>gpu thread
>talk about cpu

>YOU HAVE TO UNDERCLOCK THE CPU FOR IT TO BE FAIR
No
Yeah, pretty much, all benchmarks are wrong, trust nothing, never ever
Here is the 1800x losing in ashes of the singularity
It's incredibly easy to find benchmarks proving each sides argument of being better. Yet somehow Intel is always the shill and AMD is always the correct side? In reality both are fucking retarded and why are we trusting any of these people if they all get such skewed results?

Look at that, an 1800X at 3.9GHz wins vs. a 7700k at 4.2GHz. That means more ipc.

Why are we talking about games now? We are still on the topic of IPC, aren't we?

Isn't that also a day one benchmark? Keep up with the times, user.

Here's another.

Well, when the vast majority of benchmarks show one thing, and a minority show the opposite thing under specific circumstances which can be logically explained, I think it becomes pretty clear who is shilling and who is trying to use evidence to support a conclusion.

And another.

Last one.

Now enough of gaymes. This is Sup Forums.

Um read again user

See, you're doing the exact same thing, posting the exact same cherry picked benchmarks as the other thread
This is just pathetic

lol can you spell "cherry picked"?

but whatever, ryzen is exciting but i built myself a lightroom/photoshop box and intel was better for my situation. still very exciting to see whats coming. cant wait to see intels move and zen2 and how it all unfolds. fucking delicious

Oh vey! There are two shill on this board now, Inshill-kun.

Do you have the benchmarks to prove me wrong?

The vast majority show Ryzen performing worse
Literally the only benchmarks showing Ryzen performing better are posted here on Sup Forums
Surprisingly even r/AMD isn't this bad
Minimum may may
Minimum may may
Conveniently cutting out all the benchmarks from that page showing Ryzen doing worse

[Citation Needed]

And you just resort to the old jew joke and calling me a shill
You are doing an incredibly job at proving every single point I made above
Here is a good benchmark that even disproves your stutter lie

>He wants a stuttering mess

Ok here is a citation for you
Or is this incorrect and cherry picked?

>All intel chips using slower ram than their Ryzen counterpart
really joggin my noggin

>170 FPS max
>89 FPS average
>38 FPS minimum
>Implying that isn't a stuttering housefire
Kek.

>One game
>In DX12
>On an Nvidia card
>Pretending like everyone doesn't already know Nvidia's DX12 driver's bottleneck Ryzen CPUs

>2400MHz Ryzen still less of a stuttering housefire than a 10-core i7

Buddy, can you relax a little bit? You're starting to act like IMG_xxxx.jpg here, and I don't want to get accused of being you when benchmarks are relevant.

>I'm telling you those evil nvidias are gimping our Ryzen performance
Grow up
Remember when you faggots threw a huge hissy fit over Ryzen using slower Ram in benchmarks

Sorry, I can't help it.

Kek. Seems like it's been switched around.

See, here benchmarks are relevant because they show direct evidence for Nvidia drivers bottlenecking Ryzen performance in DX12.

Hence my point
I don't give a shit about the memory speed I was just fucking around
Little old throwback to "MUH RAM SPEED"