It's only been out for a bit but really I only trust Sup Forums opinion on this. should I buy or pirate...

it's only been out for a bit but really I only trust Sup Forums opinion on this. should I buy or pirate? I'm leaning towards buy. I want to make Greek_Canadian_empire

Other urls found in this thread:

skidrowreloaded.com/hearts-of-iron-iv-codex/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Soviet_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_by_past_GDP_(PPP)
pocketgamer.biz/asia/news/63296/paradox-interactive-goes-public/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>buying Paracuck "Women of History" """""""games"""""""'

Pirate and if you like it buy

pirate. a lot seem to be enjoying the game but for whatever reason i'm just not feeling it

praise Johan
buy stellaris, i mean HoI IV

pirate

pirate it and buy for the multiplayer.

i set plans for the invasions of china and got steamrolled because i was pretty confused about theatres and battle plans and so i instantly deleted it.

I know, it's confusing trying to get canada to invade itself.

#REKT, Canadians on suicide watch

lol.

seriously though i outnumbered them 2-1 and got fucking encircled and crushed after preparing for 3 years.

i've played the series for a few years, i'm pretty pissed.

did you have shit tech or something? i only took about 50k men to Europe and basically walked right to Berlin and fucked Hitler up the ass

>supporting swedes
>ever

I bet you buy DLCs as well, cuck

I pirated the the holy bible

Why pirating is so private In euro/America
Your as good as Chinese

>getting incircled
dumb cunuck

*dumb shit*

*dumb shit*

*dumb shit*

did it finally come out?

today, apparently

plz buy stelaris
t.john

>paradox garbage

Kek

Hard to believe it has finally come out after they just kept delaying it

skidrowreloaded.com/hearts-of-iron-iv-codex/

I stopped buying paradox games when they started releasing patches as expansions, and then started breaking up expansion into "expansions" plus sepearate "content packs" while not lowering the price

That's cool

Still might buy it. Depends what the /gsg/ says. I want to play this one way or another.

Not as good as HOI2.

>be /gsg/
>spew hate on game over a year
>on release day
>be playing it
Like clockwork

HoI2 is GOAT. But DH is quite good as well.

It would be neat if HoI4 got Kaiserreich.

Actually, they release both patches and expansions. Some features are part of the free patch, and some are part of paid expansions.

And man, they have to get money somehow to keep patching and improving their games.

Buy it

the field marshal edition

I played as Finland today and lose the country to the Soviets.
I rate 5/7 would play again.

The main thing that pissed me off was the "content packs"

Feels cucked man

never forgive, never forgets

True Grand Slovene Generals like myself only play Victoria 2, you nincompoop.

The rule of thumb is to always pirate first, then if you enjoy it then to buy it. With so many game companies releasing unfinished shit now-a-days, it's the only precaution.

>14 day-1 dlc
pirate

true /gsg/autist

don't you ever get bored of the same outcomes?

kek, I remember that.

paradox always release kinda unfinished games. They have grand visions but flawed execution. Lately, they've toned down the visions some in order to have much improved execution. It's a trade off some people aren't happy with.

At any rate, HoI4 does seem better than 3. 3 was too autistic even for me, and I have a diagnosis.

I never managed to learn HoI 3, it was way too convoluted with the order of command and all that, plus how am I supposed to manage all those units? I just let the AI do it and then I realized I was watching the AI play for me.

Casuals like you ruined paradox games

>now you must produce the military equipment yourself

Trying to get into 3 was like trying to swim through gravel. There was no intuitiveness to it at all.

My semi-normie friend who always plays sweden in these games showed interest. So that's a sign.

>Casuals
You mean people without grave autism.

I'm probably playing them before you ever were. Started with Victoria in 2007, then went on to EU3, Crusader Kings (the first), Victoria 2 and so on, and I play all those well, but HoI was always too convoluted. At least HoI 2 and DH were somewhat less weird than 3, 3 was fucked up.

At first I was like....

.... but then I praised der Führer!

Anyway, small nations have very generic idea plans, and can't do much on their own.
The game is fun to play as one of the major 8 powers, less so as anyone else.
Still worth a pirate.

>muh railroads
The game stops being the same after you unpause it for the first time.

>8
USA, Japan, France, Germany, USSR, UK, Italy (to a limited extent)... who else?

China?

Poland has a unique idea plan as well.
Yep, Poland.

Nope, China is a minor faction. Poland is a player.

>Poland is a major power

What?

You have to use military factories to produce Infantry Equipment/Support Equipment/Artillery to supply your brigades.

Sure. It depends on the year.
Poland managed to defeat USSR.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Soviet_War

Also pic related.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_by_past_GDP_(PPP)

The main reason I dislike v2 is that it's all big blobs. I prefer eu where there's lots of small countries. It keeps things a bit more open-ended and fresh.

>USSR in 1920
It didn't exist back then. Poland invaded a disorganized Russia, and it was repulsed.
That was back when the commies were still idealistic, and were looking to be pacifist. A phase that quickly ended.
Also to see how relevant this conflict was as to the later power of USSR and Poland, I'll just say that the Russians didn't have a number advantage.
Yes, Poland fielded as many, and at times more troops to fight than Russia and Ukraine combined.
Besides, the 1920 stats wouldn't even matter in a game that starts in 1936 at the earliest. The inclusion of Poland as a major power was completely a market driven one. Poles will buy the game if they are in it, and there are many poles, and PC gaming is strong there.

>GDP
This only shows that Poland had German provinces within its borders. This is all eastern Prussia.

>generic couch war simulator #2352362 from Autism co. int.
>there are still people playing those
Fuck this gay world.

>EU
>not a blobbing simulator
Eu4 is a fucking atrocity

>That was back when the commies were still idealistic, and were looking to be pacifist. A phase that quickly ended.
where did you get this idea dude? that was back then when mashal Tukhachevsky believed in world revolution and in his people's army
>The inclusion of Poland as a major power was completely a market driven one.
unfortunately I have to agree with that, Swedes are well aware what you can sell to poles

I don't see the problem. What is there to do in these games besides going on conquering sprees?

>where did you get this idea dude?

Until 1920 the Russians tried things like abolishing inheritance laws, abolishing private property, abolishing currency, abolishing marriage, abolishing police, free state funded abortions, stuff like that. Actual, practical communism. This included not conducting foreign politics with non-communists, and not fighting wars.
The revolution was meant to be something the polish people start themselves, and the russian people help them with, not a conflict between two governments.

If the Polish-Russian war of 1920 is important for one thing, it is for ending the communist idealism, after that the Russians were only communist on paper.
Every one of their attempts failed, and they rolled it back. Return to marriage, to police, personal property and small private property, army draft, etc. They even accepted the scientists and engineers as innocent of the crime of being rich, and they were drafted to help rebuild the country and educate the people.

Basically communism ended in front of Warsaw in 1920, and the USSR never even attempted it again, since it failed so fucking hard the first time.

Actual, practical communism. This included not conducting foreign politics with non-communists, and not fighting wars.
that kind of interesting cool and all but they clearly were fighting since 1917

They didn't even have an army until one was formed to defend against Poland.
Where do you think they were fighting a war?

erm, everywhere? siberia, caucasus, baltic states
and you said it like it was Poland that was aggressor but in reality polish forces just advances to the territories from Ober-Ost retreats, the same did Soviet Russia forces, just from the other side, and they clashed there
Poles wanted independent state, soviets wanted bring their revolution to the rest of Europe, no way they could just become pals or something

All of the places you mentioned were Russia.
Poland invaded Russia, and won the war, and won some land.

>Darkest hour

People will still be playing this game in 2116, aren't they?

Screenshot is from 2009.

>HoI2 is GOAT. But DH is quite good as well.
i thought darkest hour was basically HOI2 but with an improved map and a ww1 scenario?
also HOI2 and some of its mods comes with darkest hour anyway.

No reason to play this game if you have DH except for the novelty

Well, DH is better in most ways. But I don't like how it made battles slower, among a few other pet peeves. But yeah, for the most part it's worth playing over HoI2.

Better netcode and steam integration makes multiplayer a more pleasant experience if you do that sort of thing

To нямa кaк бългapитe дa ce минeм дa
нe пиpaтcтнeм :DD

play Risiko

>At any rate, HoI4 does seem better than 3. 3 was too autistic even for me, and I have a diagnosis.
that's because you're retarded
if you genuiely think that hoi3 is hard, you should go back to minecraft.

Oh fuck off.

Actually a friend of mine has grave autism and he only plays gsg and other autismal games and he gave up after the third attempt of trying to get into hoi3.

I gave up after the second try.

Maybe if it was fun, it'd be worth the pain of learning. But it's not fun to manage all that shit.

Anyways, the arrow drawing shit actually makes more sense when you think about it. If you're Hitler, you don't control everything in detail, you give general orders that your generals carry out. You draw an arrow down Bulgaria and they carry it out.

I hope V3 has a similar system. I remember the horror of great wars on multiple fronts in V2. It exhausts you managing every little army on 2-3+ fronts in minute detail. Suddenly you notice you forgot to micro one army and now it's cut off or some shit and you rage hard. It gets to the point where you dread those wars simply because of the sheer amount of microing armies all over the place.

hi johan

nigga pls

tell me then how you would manage the business if you were in charge of paradox. how do you get money to pay the devs if you don't release paid dlc?

>Actually a friend of mine has grave autism and he only plays gsg and other autismal games and he gave up after the third attempt of trying to get into hoi3.

in 2010, i bought the game and i had no clue how to play it. and plus, i did not even know english and there was no turkish translation for hoi3
after playing it for 2 days (not for 48 hours of course, maybe 6-7), i managed to learn the game
Hoi 3 may look complicated but in fact, it is not. Also, if you really do not understand the game, use cheats to learn the game, the most effective way to learn a game.
>But it's not fun to manage all that shit.
you don't have to manage all that shit. it depends on what country you're playing as.

there's nothing inherently wrong with paradox releasing expansions, it's just their idea of an expansion has gotten weaker and weaker over time and they've also added on selling tons of shit like portrait packs for ck2

>i had no clue
idea*

>paradox
>buying
top kek

well, they also make the smaller dlcs cheaper. But sure, it's still like 10 bucks for a fifth of the content of a 25-30 dollar expansion. so it is a bit jewish

good for you
again though, it just isn't fun, so what's the point in playing hoi3 over hoi2? I always loved hoi2. I feel it has a really nice balance between depth and intuitiveness. Not sure about hoi4 yet

>Buying from Paradox

>again though, it just isn't fun, so what's the point in playing hoi3 over hoi2?
better map
more details
hoi2 is also outdated.

I converted Italy to communist in 37 and it all went uphill from there t.bh

Im downloading the patch right now, I still play it.

what patch

Proper voice-acting update I think.

ck2 is my main point of reference since it's the paradox game I play the most of. I've felt a bit iffy about their dlc policy over the last few years, but the real kicker was conclave. 15 dollars for some minor changes to how the game played out before, and some of those changes are fucking awful. but that's not all, they also put out a conclave content pack on day 1 that includes some building models and finnish portraits. 5 extra bucks for that.

the previous expansion horse lords had enough content to justify its price. even though it would have been nicer at 10 rather than 15, but that's probably because their other lackluster dlcs have soured my opinion of them.

Well, yeah. And it sucks when you fall behind on dlc, it kinda butchers the experience. At least you can get it on a sale for 75% off.

It's appropriate, this is now a Chinese game

pocketgamer.biz/asia/news/63296/paradox-interactive-goes-public/