Why aren't you using D?

Why aren't you using D?

>inb4 GC

Shit tools no community

Because I don't know how to code, not in D not in Pascal not in C not in anything.

python, right?

Nope can't figure that out either. The only "coding" I was ever able to learn was the World Editor GUI scripting in Warcraf3

What said
Also I have C++14/17

But I am

Can you write a whole program in C++ that takes filenames from the command line as arguments and returns the name without its path prefix?

basically $man basename

Seems nice, but not enough of an improvement over C++. It's more like a sidestep, so companies using C++ won't switch, so no jobs. Maybe if I was starting a company I'd use it instead of java.

Why has it not died yet.

Because I have an actual job were I need to deploy patches fast
>mfw Perl/PHP Master Race

No libraries. Might as well pick OCaml.

Because the elegance of its syntax and the convenience of its standard libraries doesn't outweigh the lack of tools and native third party libraries

How easy is it to use C libraries from D? What about C++?

Without any hassle. But Sup Forums is too illiterate for that

Cause I'm using Ada?

As if anyone here is more than a script kiddie

Are you actually using Ada? What software do you write in it?

I'm in a research position, so I use whatever language is most convenient.

This

D is a non retarded version of C++17 that is actually cross-platform and has a good stdlib.

Beginning to discover D's templating system combined with mixins is almost as powerful, if not as powerful, as Lisp macros, but at compile time. It could replace classes and interfaces/inheritance in many places. I've heard of lots of projects getting significant speedups making heavy use of templating.

I must continue learning more, this might be D's craziest, most future-proof feature.

But do you actually use Ada?

That's what I implied

D is GOAT.
Remove Rusttrash.

I said native libraries. Good luck finding decent stuff in D that isn't just a wrapper around plain C functions and structures.

Wait a minute, what about fstream?

I love both D and Rust. Fuck off, idiot.

>I love both D and Rust
Hang yourself.

Sorry not edgy enough