/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required Viewings For Newbies:
youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:
>60443767

Other urls found in this thread:

tradesy.com/accessories/other-seiko-laurel-1950s-vintage-japanese-manual-gold-plated-steel-watch-for-men-g17-14170021/
ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-SEIKO-SKX009-PEPSI-BEZEL-INSERT-New-Take-Off-from-SKX009J1-Japan-Model-/302320146833?hash=item4663af5991:g:~GUAAOSwjL5ZHLqr
ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-SEIKO-1977S-KING-QUARTZ-MODULE-4823-ALL-ORIGINAL-NOS-MINT-/122502761948
ebay.com/itm/wostok-two-heads-wostok-vostok-compressor-kompresor-/162473485244
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Woops previous thread

First for 360,000vph

and jmechanix user I don't mind referring you but give me your name or initials so I have something to actually refer

Just picked up this anniversary clock in great working order for $30. The brass could use some polishing, but otherwise in great condition.

My dad has one like that, nice clock

Yea my grandmother has a brass one. Always loved watching the pendulum(?) spin.

First for perlons on two-tone Datejusts. Also still +0.0s total since April 22.

Does anyone know anything about when this seiko laurel might have been made? Its a manual wind. Is it interesting or collectible in any way?

does it have a serial number on the caseback or movement?

Looks early 60s/late 50s to me.

Managed to find this ad for one, but no idea if it's representative of how much it usually sells for.

tradesy.com/accessories/other-seiko-laurel-1950s-vintage-japanese-manual-gold-plated-steel-watch-for-men-g17-14170021/

we're a small shop. they'll know.

For user that is trying to get that sweet commish.
>user steals everyone's watches
I'll probably send an email tomorrow, sounds promising. So, somewhere there (or you) have experience with 214s?

me? no. accutrons are a league of their own.

My mentor does. Fuck, he's probably the only one on the East coast who can truly repair one.

Good job user, he's going to love you.
If he does a good job, you have a long time customer.

Which brands are non-jewelry?

I want a casual looking diver just for looking casual and for a beater. I want it to be sub £150. My wrist size is 6.5 inches. Hacking would be nice but I do want an automatic. What watch should I get?

ty bro

Anything you're not paying jewelry prices for.

Seiko.

Like what brands

Anything you're not paying jewelry prices for.

anyone know of a place to get a pepsi bezel insert for an skx013

ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-SEIKO-SKX009-PEPSI-BEZEL-INSERT-New-Take-Off-from-SKX009J1-Japan-Model-/302320146833?hash=item4663af5991:g:~GUAAOSwjL5ZHLqr

Actually I really like this watch, but unfortunately I can't find it anywhere.

or

Who is this semen demon?

Samantha [email protected]

thank me later

My boyfriend's wife just bought this for me!

Isn't it nice, it's made of wood, so it protects nature!

Weak bait, apply yourself.

It's called a joke

>hey mr.service man, service me banana
So for modern watches, say stuff from the richemont group, how do you go about getting parts?

Say someone brings in a newish JLC and it requires some extra part, does richemont get bitchy about supplying you with the necessary shit? How about swatch group? Rolux? (kering? Lvmh?). Worried about the future of independent watch repairers.

Is that a ball of gold in the P of Patek there? Fuck me dead. They must not give half a shit if you're not spending at least $100k.

It's a screw.

A screw right inside the lettering? How does that even happen?

It's not a screw.

Holy fuck man, that beveling is trash.

>implying

Why even bother posting an absolute potato pic of your $5 watch?

Why does Rolex movement always look proportional to its case? This shit would autism the fuck out of me...

You took this picture with a scanner?

>$5 potato watch
>still more accurate than any mechanical
Stay mad, mechfag, stay mad

What are the most rare Vostok watches??

Fuck off ecodrive troll.

>mid 1971 Lenin dial komandirskie with a Stalin bezel
>late 1989 glasnost crown amphibia with a russki standard strap
>2005 putin special edition amphibia

How practical is a 2009 slim commie watch if worn a couple of weeks a year?

Will it stop working? Can they be sent away for repair?

2209? They're reliable. If it works and you rarely wear it, not reason it would suddenly stop working. You can send it, but it would cost a lot unless it is back to Russia.

Neato. Not a fan of the flowers on the dial.

>ecodrive troll
>everyone posting in /wt/ is the same person
Why do I even bother with mechfags

just report and ignore

Why? For implying that mechanical watches arent that accurate or that there is more than one person that dislikes the opinion that digital watches are bad? Sure report and ignore, but you cant ignore the fact that quartz/quartz digitals are far more better than mechanicals.
>sundial > casio f91w > rolex

Reported for shitting up the thread. Enjoy your ban, bye.

>comments in defense of quartz watches on /wt/
>gets reported by insecure user
wow I hate myself now

I saw someone I know go from entry level luxury to the last one :0 I pretty much agree with everything here

>2017
>wearing watches

wew lads

Are blue dials degenerate?

Blue dials are great.

>went to the only shop on my region that carries Journe
>asked about muh sacre chronobleubableubloo
>9 month waiting list at the minimum
The meme is real.
Journe's other shit can forget about being sold for the time being. Every thirsty "trendy" cashed up motherfucker wants one of these in south east asia. I can only imagine that it's just as bad elsewhere.

trips of truth

Journe does make a total of ~900 watches a year after all. It's nice that the journe I want happens to be their least expensive.

Grandmother gave me this watch a couple years ago when my grandfather passed away. Just put a battery in it and adjusted strap to my bitch wrists.
Can someone tell me which model it is?

The back.

Should i pull the trigger on this one? the build quality and the movement seem pretty good for the price, i like the way the dial look too.
The only thing i worry about is would i get bored of the green dial quickly? Owner opinion is more then welcome.

>Can someone tell me which model it is?
>model number is clearly written on both the dial and caseback
Gee, if I have to guess: it's a Citizen Quartz.

Don't ask about wait time for a complicated watch then.

>buying meme watches

Yes you should. However the green dial is love or hate. If you do love it you'll love it forever.

Stay jealous, ecoshill, stay jealous :^)

heh

Kinda into this Mido with the lugless case and mesh band.

where does the Seiko Dolce that /wt/ convinced me to buy fall on this graph?

It's faster than pulling your shit phone out and looking at the time. Fucking normies.

this is classy as fuck
mesh works perfectly with this thing

For some reason this watch always looks good on pictures except for the wrist shots, like the one the other user posted. It looks clumsy every time.

Mostly just bad camera perspective.

Plus it looks better on bracelet.

I see, here it looks completely much better. The bracelet is the key.
Does it use the same bracelet as the SARB033? I am considering getting one and putting it on the bracelet if the price of the watch keeps dropping.

It can use the 033, but there's one made for the SARB013 and SARB015 that fits better for the same price. MOTZ111J0 is the SARB033s bracelet, and D3A7AB is the Alpinist one.

It's a good watch. Go for it my man.

My god

ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-SEIKO-1977S-KING-QUARTZ-MODULE-4823-ALL-ORIGINAL-NOS-MINT-/122502761948

It's Drill weekend and the Monster is my go to beater when in uniform.

Why is it so good?

cheap, accurate to +/-10 seconds per year, looks respectable, good finishing

>amphibian compressor case

How many sandniggers have you killed already shlomo?

did you not see the pic? he IS a sandnigger

>tfw no 18k case S U P E R I O R penis

He is a Slav kike in the IDF, he is just tanned I think.

>tanned
like the new germans amirite

Hell yeah

more

This reminds me of the chattering you find in Remington barrels ever since they got swallowed up by a corner-cutting, bottom-line sucking corporation.

IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE?

this one isn't such a fair pic
the guy that complied it should've compared the patek with basic movements from the other makers (minus the dufour of course; no "entry level" dufours)

Get it for only $1500.

ebay.com/itm/wostok-two-heads-wostok-vostok-compressor-kompresor-/162473485244

Only case and dial, no movement, no inner ring, no hands.

...but from what I've seen and heard as the word on the street is that with lange it doesn't matter whether or not you buy the base saxonia to a zeitwerk; you can expect the same level of attention to detail.