RedPill: WannaCry is developed by Microsoft to force people to update their OS to Windows 10. After months of spanning...

RedPill: WannaCry is developed by Microsoft to force people to update their OS to Windows 10. After months of spanning, they decided to go for a more brutal marketing techniques. They developed the need for new patches out of thin air and urged the government for better cyber regulations which will be monopolized by Microsoft controlling a major portion of the technology world.

*yawn*
Windows did nothing wrong. Leakers and bydlo script kiddies are to blame. Like Always.

Except it triggers an exodus of enterprise customers to linux

Nice way to shift blame away from your evil org, NSA shill. Fuck off,

Now have two people types:
blue pill="i will update my windows for more protect".
red pill="i will go to linux".

forgive my english

>force people to update their OS to Windows 10

Good. Fuck the retards that refuse to install any fucking updates and cry when they get infected with shit that was patched weeks, months, or years ago.

Anyone that actually cares about this update shit already knows how to bypass it in 30 seconds.

I just checked my windows installation. I always check services and their respective PIDs (svchost.exe in process) and saw something wrong.
LanmanServer service is running now. It doesn't before and it seems that they timed it perfectly .

If you want to block the malware you have to block and deactivate the following:
remote * services (in my computer remote desktop settings GUI and also in Services)
smbv1 to smbv3 (even smbv2 and v3 can get infected as opposed to what (((they))) say)
"server" service should be disabled

Also double check by running resmon.exe on Networks tab to see which specific PID/process uses harmful ports (135-139 and 445) and if you see more they're probably malware (unless they're definitely a microsoft service that's not infected by worm).

You can't disable svchost(RPCSS) service. It will likely shutdown your system and make it unstable.

RPCSS is harmful and allows remote administrator to execute code remotely IIRC but the problem is that disabling the service would break things. It utilizes port 135 which is part of NetBIOS. NetBIOS is harmful and usually what hackers try to exploit. Block those ports on your router but that doesn't mean you're protected. Microsoft can spawn a dynamic UDP port to listen on remote attackers (e.g. NSA, some scriptkiddy, or microsoft themselves)

One way to find out if you're safe or not is to run: net share
If the command works then the "server" service is still enabled, you should disable it. You may even remove priviliges (which you can restore at a later point)

What RPCSS does: provides remote administrative permissions and file execute to the NSA or any hackers out there.

Caution: turning off those services may break server functionality. use for hardening purposes only.

Protip: Wannacry also affects win10 systems.

We warned you before

That's bullshit and you know it. A say it as a Linux user.

Companies are not ready to spend millions on employee training of that shitty sand gravel mixture that you call Linux OS

>script kiddies
Too much work for scripties.

>is developed by Microsoft to force people to update their OS to Windows 10.
>so they released patches to fix the vulnerability for windows Vista, 7 and 8 before releasing WannaCry and released an XP patch just for giggles afterward

The ULTIMATE redpill: No it isn't.

Underrated post

What a Shill claim. What with Obama at least they didn't go around boldly claiming bullshit, what is it with Trump that every stupid shit needs to put in their two cents. The pitiful resemblance to a meritocracy we once had
is now shattered.

>WannaCry is developed by Microsoft to force people to update their OS to Windows 10

And that's why they patched XP through 8.1, because by making those OSes still safe to use, the people using them are forced onto 10.

You're a fucking genius.

They could use a real os, instead of getting things installed against their will.

What I never get is the retards who complain about forced updates.

People who don't know shit need forced updates, people who don't want them for legit reasons can defer updates for ONE YEAR with a few clicks.

I honestly think the vast majority of morons complaining about forced updates are retards that don't have a fucking clue how to maintain their own computer, can't figure out a fucking simple settings menu, or what updates even do, but want the illusion of "being in command" of their computer.

>don't have a fucking clue how to maintain their own computer, can't figure out a fucking simple settings menu, or what updates even do, but want the illusion of "being in command" of their computer.

Basically the vast majority of freetards on Sup Forums.

>Except it triggers an exodus of enterprise customers to linux
It really doesn't. It lowers resistance though.

My immediate boss inherited me and so has to accept that I'm using a bunch of linux servers that he wouldn't have chosen if he had of had a say. We have the NHS for a client though and suddenly he's taking linux kind of seriously where before he was basically begrudging it and only vaguely appreciating that I didn't ask for approval to buy licenses whenever I spun up a server or anything. Now it's become an actual option and he accepts that it has its place if you can be bothered dealing with it.

Just covering up...
You think people would wanna risk it again and still use old OSes..?

The problem with your logic is that their "covering up" would result in people not doing what they are claimed to be trying to make people do.

So it would be pointless.

yes.
would you out and replace your old xp laptop after microsoft went back patched an EOL os? No if youre already still using XP in current year you probably dont care even if it was insecure or not

>my car doesnt have an airbag
>"hey if you give us your car for a day or so, we can fit a fully functioning airbag for you"
>lol no im good, i dont want to waste my time upgrading my car
>"ok well if you dont have an airbag your insurance is going to be really high"
>Omg stop forcing me to upgrade, im happy how my car is
>has a crash
>UGGHH why didnt my car protects me better

If you refuse to upgrade, then youre the only one at fault. dont live in the past and update/upgrade your OS

>my car doesnt have an airbag
>"hey if you give us your car for a day or so, we can fit a fully functioning airbag for you"
>"and also a tracking device that tells us where you are at all times, how much fuel you've consumed, and how many people there are in the car."
>"and we'll make a copy of the key... to make it easier for us to help in the future."

>lol no im good