Is there a mini itx case that would support a 360 rad?

Is there a mini itx case that would support a 360 rad?

I've got a massive Full Tower with a full CPU/GPU water loop and I want to scale down to a mini-ITX, but I dropped so much cash for the radiator, pump, fittings, cpu block, etc that it feels like a total waste if I don't utilize them.

Is there a case that might support it with really good planning, or just some retarded dream in which I should just cut my losses and just sell the water cooling gear for whatever I can get?

Get a 240, you don't have to get rid of the entire loop

any mITX case that can fit a 360 rad is too big to be an mITX case

If I scale down to a 240, wouldn't I just be better off selling the whole thing and getting one of those Corsair set ups? No need to mess with the pump, reservoir, pipes, fittings, leak testing, etc.

It would definitely be smaller than my HAF X though.Guess it was all just a dream.

I guess that changes my idea to whether or not I want to fuck with a full loop on a 240 or just settle for a Corsair setup for the CPU. Now that I think about it, it's not like I'm in any need to OC any of the current gen GPUs anymore. I'm not in the e-peen race anymore.

Thanks dudes.

Cooler Master HAF 915 stacker

For reference

Oh baby, you just rekindled a flame I had just snuffed.

What's the difference between the 915F and 915R? I can't tell right off the bat.

Even though this looks fairly big, it's still way fucking lighter and smaller than any full tower. The only issue I see is that it looks like tubing is going to be very tight.

Nevermind, I'm retarded. I see that one of them is just an attachment piece.

If drilling, and cutting holes aren't out of the question then you could do that.

F and R designate power supply location, and the F is the only one with the I/O panel installed in the front.

You can get both and put them on top of each other, take out the top of the bottom one, the bottom of the top one and double yoir usable space. They slide together and lock in place on interlocking rails.

That's an incredibly interesting design. Thanks a lot, it really gives me something to think about.

In my case, due to my circumstances, that kind of heavy modding is out of the question. I've seen some insane truly custom rigs, but if I could do that kind of stuff or had the means to, I probably wouldn't have asked.

Thanks though.

Why not get a double thick 240 rad and a double thick 120 in a small case?
Could be worse with a 480mm rad and three 240s

Surface area matters more than thickness.

All the thick rad's do is require higher fan speed for more pressure with out a lot of difference in cooling.

Good fans with a double thick is nearly equal to double area half thick
Fin area is effectively doubled if the rad is twice as thick

I can't help but find that image hilarious.

I guess I'm dwelling too much on trying to reuse what I already have and making it work for my needs, which is a smaller rig.

My options realistically (without the modding option) are

1) Scrap the idea of trying to hamfist my 360 rad into a smaller mITX build

2) Spend a bit more for a smaller 240 rad and cut my losses if I can't sell the 360

I totally forgot that I'd need to buy a new res and pump anyways, as I'm using a Drive Bay Combo Pump/Res currently.

Pic related is my current 5 year old build, when I was a younger and dumber "gamer". That stupid tail at the bottom is because I was told that I should change the water every 6 months or so and I couldn't think of a better way to easily drain it. I cringe just looking at it, but it's lasted me so long that I can't come to hate it.

>say pic related
>no pic

And I'm retarded.

And you're still needing 1200-1500rpm on your fans. As opposed to the 600-800 on a thin radiator.

Now, you can go push/pull, but you're now doubling your fan cost in headers, power and space requirements. Which means you'll need to spend even more on a quality powered fan hub, and make sure you have the room for it all. On top of any case fans you still need.

I'm not saying it's wrong, but the trade off is sometimes not worth it.

Sad part is it actually needs that much cooling

Basically you need to have enough cooling to offset the amount of wattage your system uses
This rig is near maxed on a 1500w PSU
But you need half as many fans with a double thick rad
If space is an issue a thicker rad is a better option compared to a larger thin rad

I would never recommend water cooling to anyone at this point
Ferni and old 32nm days sure but now? No way

Honestly the more I think about it, the more I feel like I really should just accept that I don't want to deal with water cooling and maintaing a loop.

I should be happy with just some corsair h2o all in one for my cpu and pushing out a few more ghz than I could on air. Putting a 1080 underwater just to push a marginal increase is pure e-peen shit. I'm getting too old for that shit honestly.

To think I've been playing games on this junker for so long.

>Fermi

How did you know?

I didnt know was referring to my quad sli fermi rig above

Also a good air cooler with proper case vent and mild overclocking on the CPU/GPU is all you need
Stupid high OC is Epeen shit and useless for the most part
I run a Cryorig cooler on my i5 now
Locked CPU OCed to 4.3ghz. Runs cool

In your opinion, do you feel things like pic related are mostly unnecessary?

I don't like the idea of maintaining a loop, but part of me still wants to be able to push the CPU just a bit harder than I can on air.

What air cooler would you recommend if I wanted to say farewell to water cooling forever? The size doesn't matter since I've got this fucking HAF case to fuck around with, might as well ride with it and take advantage of all the empty space inside.

put the radiator outside.

I dislike all in ones. You still have an unnecessary pump. Now if you are building a small case they are decent as they exhaust the heat out of the case which is better for case temps.
CRYORIG H7 is one of the best air coolers on the market today

The D14 is good but is very heavy and has some issues with ram clearances

Get two 240s then, there are mitx cases which support that.

>60477344

Why not go mATX then? Cramming a 360 in an ITX case isn't going to be a fun time since most don't support it, and you'll probably have issues fitting your current pump and reservoir in there.

get a 280 or 2 280s something like is too fucking big to bother. 56 cm is fucking huge for mitx