$1,000 graphics card

>$1,000 graphics card

>you're just a poorfag!
>games are for children!
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

there is literally no reason to do this. upgrading the GPU is very easy. by the time a a recent 1000$ GPU gets challanged to the edge of it's ability there will be much better cards out for half the price

spend 500$ on a gpu and keep the other 500$ for the future for upgrade. much better

Yeah, i don't see the point of them.
Better SLI/Crossfire 2 $300 cards than have 1 $1000 cunt.
Two oiled whores are better than 1.

You know the argument will be (as always) "I got money to burn, you're a jealous poorfag".

Apparently, there's millionaires everywhere and they've sampled all there is to do in this life so now they're investing in what really matters - video game battlestations.

In reality, it's sad people without much going for them other than playing video games, so they invest heavily into their PCs. What else are they gonna spend on?

If you're developing computer vision deep neural nets, that's the minimum.

You guys are really sad to be replying to a 3-word post with strawman arguments.

There's one hell of a difference between playing video games and making your entire life revolve around playing video games. If you choose your PC components based solely on gaming performance and not all around performance, then yes, you're a child who should stick to video game consoles.

OP holds our opinion too in case you are struggling with interpenetrating images

this. I will never know why you americunts think being a consumer whore is a good thing, it just shows how retarded they are. If you have money to burn, just put it to a bank account or donate it to whatever you care about, greener planet, more free software, children in uganda, Nvidia/Amd/Intel is just wrong place to throw money at

>If you have money to burn, just put it to a bank account
The economy punishes hoarding money because constant monetary flow is the only way society can function.
>or donate it to whatever you care about,
Like?
>greener planet,
Don't give a fuck about the planet.
>more free software,
It wouldn't be free if i donated to it.
>children in uganda,
They need to learn to fend for themselves just like the people did who had the foresight and intelligence to establish the wealth i have access to.
>Nvidia/Amd/Intel is just wrong place to throw money at
I agree. Dragon dildos and striped socks are more intelligent investments.

none of the Titan's are even close to best at gaming

>it wouldn't be free if i donated to it
free as in freedom
plus, you're just a cunt, what's your argument?
>urrrh i don't care about the planet i'm living in if i don't play gaymes on 4k i will die

>you're just a cunt
Being a cunt towards faggots like you, results in not being a cunt towards myself.
Myself is the only thing that matters, and my family.
Faggots like you? If you died i wouldn't even notice it.

Stephen is a nonce

i can justify a $1000 graphics card every 5 years. if you upgrade every year you deserve to be homeless

What if the most demanding thing you do with your PC is gaming? This is just obviously wrong.

>i should be cunt towards who says bad things about muh gaymer merchandise
fucking keks, do you really thing you and your family matters? "fat americunt found dead in his house" it won't even be in the news in my country

I don't care about gaymer merchandise.
I only care about infuriating faggots like you who think charity is a virtue.

>giving isn't a virtue

what did he mean by this?

you know you will die too, right? and your family too and everyone will forget it after a year, and after 30~ years no one who knows you won't be alive
not that numbers of years are important though
and your money won't mean shit

>i give my money to you lowly peasants
>now kiss my feet and suck my dick and shower me in praise
KEK

I don't care about how my death will be perceived as much as you care about your own snowflake.

>not even Nvidia themselves could justify the pricetag

what are you talking about? You're the one who said muh family and muhself is the only important thing, you're the one being snowflake here, while i said nothing about myself
are you cucked by a person who gives a lot money to charity or something?

>Don't give a fuck about the planet.

Don't cut yourself on that edge.

>It wouldn't be free if i donated to it.

Are you legitimately retarded you fucking moron?

>They need to learn to fend for themselves just like the people did who had the foresight and intelligence to establish the wealth i have access to.

So donate to some other children you fucking idiot.

>I agree. Dragon dildos and striped socks are more intelligent investments.

And I bet you're not kidding.

Off yourself. You can't even troll properly.

>So donate to some other children you fucking idiot.

>donating to other people's children and not investing 100% of everything you ever owned into your own children

You might as well plaster a label that reads "cuck" on your forehead.

>Don't give a fuck about the planet.
Fuck you, faggot. This planet holds all the living things we know exists in this universe. There might be others but this is what we can currently tell. Subhuman idiots who aren't capable of thinking anything but their own ass have been ruining it for decades. There's too many people already and the population just keeps growing, meaning there needs to be more everything produced like plastic and electronics. There also is obviously a larger need for food, water and shelter which means bulldozing over wildlife which is already marginal at this point.

It would do the planet a favour if the overpopulated, polluting China would be nuked along with US where brainless consumerism is being pushed to everyone. No more fatties driving a gigantic truck to get some disposable-packaged fast food across the street.

I'm not African or something, I'm from North Europe which is higher than US in every measurable first world statistic. It's not just for poor people to think about the planet, quite the opposite. I'm also not the person you replied to, I just felt like schooling idiots.

>This planet holds all the living things we know exists in this universe.
And i don't have an obligation towards any one of those beings in my current short life.
Go fuck yourself you unwarranted benefit-seeking faggot leech.
If the destruction of the world means the death of you and the dumb family that birthed you, i will push the button instantly and die laughing.

muh enthusiast

You think I'm going to live forever while you die? Otherwise I don't get your "leech" remark. You think all life as we know it could end when you have your second heart attack? You'll never be in a position to push any buttons but you could still kill yourself laughing. Try it out, you might like it.

I think if the death of this planet means forever silencing dumb eco-faggots such as yourself, and i was in a position to push a button to do it, i'd do it.
Also you are a leech in that you advocate for charity and "muh saving the planet", not because of any virtue or care, but because of the benefits that will trickled towards you from other people.
That's how most of you virtue faggots are.
It's not the ideology, it's the unwarranted free benefits towards yourself that are important.
Ergo faggot leech.

Don't worry, i can also pull a trigger at you to kill you before i die.
So long as i pull you along with me to the thaws of death, i will laugh my ass off.
That's how much i disdain you, you faggot.

The post I responded to was complaining about how people say that gaming is for children, which it only is if your life revolves around it, and if you only use your PC as a video game console then you're a child.

>$1000
>making your entire life revolve around
So, you're poor? I've spent over $4000 on guns and I have only a passing interest. This is very little money in the first world.
>gaming performancs and not all around performance
It's not like a kick ass graphics card makes it any worse in Excel. I've only ever used iGPUs because that's all I need but you're being retarded.

I have a job which has nothing to do with saving the planet, but keep believing what you're fed in the news you mouthbreathing brainlet faggot. My income won't be affected by anything you do. Nor will my personal well-being since you can't destroy the planet in any way that would affect it fatally in my lifetime.

You also can't bring your gun here nor will I be travelling there so that talk about pushing any triggers is meaningless. As you can't use guns freely here it's pretty popular to train martial arts, which I have personally done myself as well. So not only are you incapable of shooting anyone you would get your ass kicked without one. So there's just nothing you can do to me but you can still use that gun on yourself. Well that and maybe shooting up a school because mommy didn't love you enough. Neither of those will probably reach the news here since it's nothing new anymore so I'll just hope it's the first one for minimal effort.

>Buy $1000 GPU at release.
>Next year buy the new on, sell the old one for $500
$500 a year to play any game out there on the highest settings os worth it to me.

The average person spends $2000-5000 a year on car payments. Just get a cheaper cat if your a poor that likes to game. Or brew your own coffee instead of the daily $5 mocha fappachino.

> If you have money to burn, just put it to a bank account
I already save 30% of my pretax income so I can retire at 55.

>or donate it to whatever you care about, greener planet, more free software, children in 3rd world
I already pay taxes and the us spends bilions on foreign aid to shitholes.

What is, average GPU cost in Canada?

Because we all know that rich people become rich by wasting their money on useless shit, right?

Who wants to be rich? That's making your entire life revolve around something, the pursuit of money. I have a job because I want to have things, not because I want green paper.
You still don't see it though, a few thousand dollars every year is NOTHING once you're out of college, unless you got a liberal arts degree or whatever. It doesn't even register as an issue. There are general contractors who buy a brand new $80k truck every 5 years. That's bad spending. The process engineer at Dickshits McNobodycares Inc. spending $1k on a gaymen box every 4 years? He could order 10 by mistake and not notice until they all arrived at his door.

wtf are you talking about. We're all NEETS here

>just put it to a bank account
Depreciation on GPUs and interest on savings is roughly equal the days

¡Hola Reddit!

This. It's a dollar a day for your primary hobby. Not bad at all.

speaking of graphic cards i found this old graphic card in a plastic around it in a attic , any idea what model that is ? and how much i could sell it ? 10-20 bucks ?

Poor?

You might wanna get a clearer pic but I'm sure even the worst gpus are worth at least a tenner.