So is this the perfect poorfag GPU? I believe is somewhat similar to a 750 ti and only draws 30 Watts

So is this the perfect poorfag GPU? I believe is somewhat similar to a 750 ti and only draws 30 Watts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3hn3e6b0mwQ
geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-1030/specifications
msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GT-1030-2GH-LP-OC.html
msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GT-1030-2G-LP-OC.html
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137140
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137139
youtube.com/watch?v=czIpG4SAKH0
youtube.com/watch?v=MzmULUFG6Ak
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2gb is simply not enough
it will crash during normal use. get a 4gb 1050 ti if you're hard up for cash

>similar to a 750 ti
Stop this meme. Firstly it isn't, secondly the 750ti performance is terrible in 2017.

OP what do you want to do with it.

if you cant afford anything more just stick to buying used consoles

Are you kidding me the 1050 is only $30 more and double the performance.

No, the one similar to a 750 ti is the RX 550. This is more like somewhere between a 650 and 650 ti.

>poorfag GPU
>poorfag

You two are way too deep in the 1080 ti rabbit hole. Not everything is 4k and ultra settings.

The only reason anyone should buy this is if they are building an HTPC or using it in a small form factor PC.

I want to build an ubuntu 4k htpc by the end of the year, is this a good GPU for a 4K HTPC?

I don't care about whatever specs or junk, 2 gigabytes of RAM is not enough for your video card. You will crash playing years old games, and struggle with youtube videos

Emulators and video viewing could work.
Gaming probably wouldn't

Yes.

Resolution & Refresh

Max Monitors Supported: 2

240Hz Max Refresh Rate
Max Digital : 7680x4320

I'm running 680 in SLi and getting 60fps in Overwatch at Max settings.

Paid $120 for both cards.

I'm playing TF2 with a Quadro FX 570 from 2007 with 256 mbs of VRam.
He'll be fine.

TF2 is from the same time period as that card

WTF, even 1 GB is enough for this kind of performance

I'm thinking of getting one
It performs similar than my 560 Ti, draws 25 instead of 200 W and its tiny as fuck.
This isn't a gaming card. It meant for HTPCs and PCs that need a graphics solution. My Ivy Bridge platform can't output 4K and doesn't have HDMI 2.0, buying a Kaby Lake based platform would be expensive (and it doesn't even support my OS).
He forgets about millions of LoL players. Old titles like Deus Ex, Mass Effect and CoD4 run fine on cards like these. Maxed out in 1080p...
I've waited very long for a card like this, my primary PC only has a 4K Gsync screen, if my GPU ever breaks I cannot use it anymore. This is a perfect backup and I can use it in my second PC when I get a 4K TV.

I have a main pc for heavy stuff.
I will mostly watch anime so I need a somewhat good gpu to scale the video to 4k using mpv.
It has HDMI 2.0?

>You will crash playing years old games, and struggle with youtube videos

Source: my fat and hairy ass.

My brother has a piece of shit with a GT 430. He plays Crysis, FIFA 14, CSGO, Batman Arkham, everything at 720p on medium-high just fine.

It should be fine

Cheap is not the same as good value the 1030 and 550 are cheap, but offer bad value for money. If you really can't be bothered to save up a little bit more for a decent GPU like the 560 or 1050ti then the best thing to do is look at the used market. Get a couple of gens old midrange GPU. Something like the 7950 or 660ti. The Sub $100 GPU has offered shit value, and probably always will. I'm still rocking an almost 4 year old 290.

Are you fucking retarded? I'm playing games at 2560x1080 on medium-high with a 750ti

This would be really useful for GPU passthrough setups.

It isn't even like 1050s are non-poorfag. They're 100 bucks

A 1030 gives a ton of value, modern features and performance for a measly 30 Watt power cosumption. How much does a 7950 or 660 ti draw?

>inb4 shill

God no. I'd rather buy AMD. But this 1030 is the best thing happened to poorfags gpus since the gt 430.

The best value card is a R9 290. You can get one around 100 € nowadays and it competes a RX 480. Otherwise get a 470.

This. Though avoid the house fire versions.

I got a 290x for $220 no tax leafbux last year. The 470 was going for $250 and the 480 was going for $300 or more. Add leaftax and possible shipping costs it was an easy decision. 290x performs right in between those two and will trade blows with the 480. Only downside is the power draw.

>I'm thinking of getting one
>It performs similar than my 560 Ti, draws 25 instead of 200 W and its tiny as fuck.

Jesus, can you believe it? I'd definitely jump into one. You could also save a few bucks more and get a RX 460 or GTX 1050/1050 ti, but even GT 1030 would be an upgrade.

Seriously there are better alternatives from older gens, but for 30 watts this thing delivers... Poorfags also tend to have pieces of shit of PSUs. So this is the smart choice. A 290x would likely just melt their toaster.

A 290x melts everything it touches unless you have the cooler has 3 fans, and the case is literally nothing but fans

I'm only using it for lightest gaming and video, I have a SLI system for 4K gaming.
I know, I would get at least the Tri-X and try to get a good airflow. A friend of me bought one for his i3 system, he doesn't have airflow but even with throttleing its still 4x as fast as his old card.

Don't listen to the "2 GB is too low" fag
I have been using a HD 5750 1GB since 2011 and, even tho most newer games run like shit above 720p, the games don't crash and are playable.
Can confirm this with Dark Souls 3, Overwatch, GTA V, Bayonetta, The Witcher 3 and DOOM

GT 1030 does 70fps at 1080p on GTA V... High Settings

This guy also confirms the performance is somewhere between 750 and 750 ti

youtube.com/watch?v=3hn3e6b0mwQ

This shit is crazy good.

>This shit is crazy good.
Not when you can buy a 1050 for $30 more and blow it the fuck out. Price/performance is still in the toilet.

geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-1030/specifications

Don't buy cards with DVI connector, it maxes out at 1920x1080/1200 because single-link DVI

Buy cards with DP1.4 port, it supports 4K & 5K 60Hz with a single DP1.4 HBR3 cable

msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GT-1030-2GH-LP-OC.html

msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GT-1030-2G-LP-OC.html

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137140

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137139

I think it is quite decent for 70$. It should be around 50-60$ to be a killer deal desu.

The price will drop.

No, low end cards like that are complete junk. Get a 1050 at least.

Exactly. The perf/$ of low-end cards is abysmal. A little bit more money will get you a lot more performance.

B U Y U S E D
U
Y

U
S
E
D

>It still requires a fan

AMD told me that everyone is on 4k, and they showed me all these benchmarks with GTX 1060's running 4k monitors.

the perfect poorfag GPU is 1050 or going 2nd hand like a real man
GTX 670 and 970 are sold at GREAT prices on ebay

The people buying this card are noiselets and wattlets

Stop shilling, the 550 completely outclasses it

Does this work with vga passthrough or are nvidias drivers still gimped with error 43? Not gonna buy another nvidia before they fix that

I have a strix 390x, runs 80-85c at 1100mhz 60% fan after a repaste. It was revving up before because the factory paste was already drying out and had a big bubble in it.

No nouveau unfortunately does not work

*According to phoronix*

wtf do you mean? I have a 770 with 2GB and it has no issues, I'm on a 4K display too, which no poorfag is.

The 30w is the selling point for me.
Brings a lot to the table for older systems with still usable processors but proprietary sub 250w processors
I've got an old HP slimline with a Q6600 but a mere 220w psu

There are passive cooled versions. Look around, open your goddamn eyes.

there's fanless varients

750 Ti is way better than that shit

You can fool the drivers.

Benchmarks are showing it between 750 and 750ti performance
All three cards at reference speeds
So an OC'd 750ti may perform significantly better.
As an overclocked 1030 can perform as good or better than a 750ti at stock

So, if someone want to really save a lot, then he should go for the 1030, an someone who really wants to save a lot of money but get some perfomance, then get a 750ti, I guess.

I think there are some fanless 750ti too.

>. Poorfags also tend to have pieces of shit of PSUs. So this is the smart choice.

Exactly. All these autists in this thread are suggested buying a two-generation-old flagship without realising that most people in the market for a budget card won't have a 650w PSU that can run a high range old card

youtube.com/watch?v=czIpG4SAKH0

youtube.com/watch?v=MzmULUFG6Ak

>RX 550 128bit memory bus card losing to GT 1030 almost every benchmark

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

>low end
>nvidia
>good
pick 2

Are the people that care about power draw people who live in europe and have expensive electricity or something?

I don't get it.

It's good for shitty prebuilts that use proprietary power supplies.

that really isn't that bad for poor fag cards lol
I had expected worse they both look okay to be very honest its console teir for both but still good enough.

Now you're just being ridiculous. 2 GB isn't even something I would consider when buying a brand new card today. But get real. 2 GB is more than enough to play any game not released this quarter and no video card made the last five years will struggle with playing a YouTube video. Even iGPs from years ago can do that just fine.

>R9 290

Don't by the R9 290. Yes, the raw performance is comparable to the RX 480. But it's a 275W part and the RX 480 is a 150W part. This alone should tell you that one of those makes sense and one is a noisy housefire.

I live in Europe and I bought the RX 470 8 GB because of the lower power draw and noise compared to the RX 480. Electricity really is quite expensive in Europe so it's something that I factor into all the parts I buy. I also don't buy a CPU above 65 W for the same reasons. It's not just about expensive electricity, though, noise and heat are also pretty important factors.

One little detail on electricity, most of those who don't care about power-draw appear to be NEETs who live with their mom and don't pay their own utility bill or people who just moved out. For example, I made the mistake of letting a woman who had been living with her parents move in a while back and my bill tripled until I got her out because she seems to have a hard time understanding that a power switch can be used to do more than just turn things on.

>One little detail on electricity, most of those who don't care about power-draw appear to be NEETs who live with their mom and don't pay their own utility bill or people who just moved out

wrong

I live alone and I don't care about electricity because the difference between 300 kw/h and 450 kw/h is like ten dollars.

Fucking this. I play games at 1440p and even some new releases I can Max out at 60fps.

Maxed out Fallout 4 with the 60gb HD texture pack at 3840x2160 with shadows on every light source uses about 6gb vram peak.That's really going all out on graphic quality.