Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-A/
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725671(v=ws.11).aspx
pcpartpicker.com/product/YDrG3C/asrock-motherboard-h97manniversary
anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64
media.digikey.com/pdf/Data Sheets/DFRobot PDFs/FIT0367_Web.pdf
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/details
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just tried looking through a number of bookmarked torrent sites and they're all dead now. What are some recommended sites?

1337x.to

Should I apply to be a janitor and make Sup Forums great again?

can i easily enable services in openRC like i can in systemd? like systemctl enable dumb.service

I want to replace my gtx 680, I've been using this for 5 years now. Should I buy a used 970 or there's something better for about 190 bucks? Would the 970 be able to run the upcoming games for 2-3 more years?

970 has trouble running games now. Why the fuck do you want it?

How do I easily cut down a video to key moments without losing quality?

Is the pirate bay down for anyone else? I'm afraid maybe my ISP blocked it or something. I'm only getting a cloudflare snapshot

so i managed to make a dual display setup using my monitor and tv. The thing is its a little blurry on my tv. whats causing it?

1. Bought 1050ti due to /pcbg/ threads
2. Finally arrives
3. See tape on bolt
4. Not sure if I take off or no.

Thoughts?

I have no idea what exactly do I need, so searched for a 4gb one and that's what I found in that prince range

Leave it, it might be there for warranty

It would be best to ask the retailer.

I have Creative Inspire T6100 speakers in 2.1 configuration connected to my PC. Is there a way to have them connected to both PC and [spoiler]PS3[/spoiler] at once?

What's your price range because 970 goes from $250-600 and a decent 1060 is like $250 right now on Newegg and it's just a bit better than a 970 outside of having more vram..

what are websites like pluralsight

About 180-200 bucks maximum for a while

Lynda, tutsplus

Security or privacy?

are these sorts of things any good?
I just want to be able to mix audio from my pc/consoles/phone/whatever without any fuss or degradation in quality.
I'm not exactly a discerning audiophile and my speakers aren't super expensive studio monitors but I don't want any fuzziness or whine introduced either.

sup Sup Forums I want to format my old main HDD to be storage for my new SSD setup. How do i format and delete fucking everything on it and turn it all into unallocated free space?

where can I find the CPU clock ratio in my bios. using:
asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-A/

can't seem to find it.

winkey+r diskmgmt.msc click the partition you want to reformat and reformat. pretty easy to use.

how hard is it to make a compiler? how much work?

im on linux right now

Im building my first desktop pc next week after using pretty much just shitty laptops at my desk. I'm thinking about where to put the tower and I've kind of decided that I want it on the floor next to my desk, but I have a pretty thick carpet. Would it be a good idea to sit it on top of some cardboard or maybe a plank of wood or something just to keep it off the carpet directly? I'm not sure if static or something could be an issue.

I am having problems opening every kind of Google based websites (youtube, gmail, google play, drive) regardless of the browser.
Every other website works normally, though.
Getting a ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT from most of them.

Running a speed test shows my connection caps at half the speed it should be.
Tried the basic procedures to no success.
Any ideas on what could be the issue?

What's a good utility that I can boot from a usb and format a hard drive from? I have 20+ machines with windows and accounts on them that need to be completely wiped. I don't have access to the accounts.

DBAN

Is there a way to see here how many files there are inside a folder?

thepiratebay.se
open gparted and make a new partition table

gparted

Is there a way to get Windows defender to fully fuck off on windows 10? All the guides I see are outdated.

can i have a partition over 2GB on Windows 7 ?
AMD motherboard, Sata3

whats the best price/space hard drive atm ?

Right click on the folder that your other ones are in, go to properties my dude.

How do I fix this? The bottom portion of my desktop isn't really usable anymore after I launched a program.

I want to get into webdev. Where do I start? Spoonfeed me, please

Yes, you just need to use GPT instead of MBR. Do you want to install windows on the same drive? That gets tricky, you'll need to use the command line because the installer doesn't give you an option to use GPT.

Does it have air intakes at bottom? If it does (most cases have at least PSU there) then you'll need to raise it or otherwise your carpet will block air coming through. Otherwise it shoudnt cause any issues, your case should be touching the PSU which is grounded by your wall socket.

Frontend? Learn HTML + CSS first, then try adding simple functionality with javascript. Once you got that down it's time to pick a framework and start learning it.

On backend you first need to pick a language and learn the basics of it. After that it's mostly the same, pick a framework and do projects untill you've learned how it works.

well, i will install windows in a 240 GB SSD, and use a 3TB (or bigger) for storage.
how do i choose between GPT and MBR ? do i need to do it during windows install?

>Frontend? Learn HTML + CSS first, then try adding simple functionality with javascript
I'll start with this. What tutorials/sites would your recommend?

Why the fuck won't Google assistant save my events?

install a non windows OS

This is what I got with a google search:
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725671(v=ws.11).aspx

And no, you don't need to do anything during installation. Just install windows normally and then use command line or disk management tool to format the HDD into GPT. Your SSD will stay as MBR, but since it has such a limited capacity it doesn't really matter.

You could start by going through the w3schools tutorial to get the gist of it. After that just try writing a web page from scratch and google how to code various things to it. HTML & CSS are very simple languages, it shoudn't take too long to get decent at them.

>HTML & CSS are very simple languages, it shoudn't take too long to get decent at them
Thanks for the advice, user

A while ago I read about the death of the Internet and how people were planing to run their own Internet that's range was about the size of a town/small city. It had and very cyberpunk sounding name. (I think.) I also seem to remember something about how "experts" wanted the current Internet to die so they could run a new safer kind of Internet that doesn't have all the vulnerabilities that this one does.

What is the name for these things or at least some words I can use in a google search that doesn't bring up how the NWO is going crash the internet. Thanks in advance.

Why cant I save Clover pics to my SD card? I already formatted the card to be used as storage but the storage path is still showing only the tablets internal storage as valid

Its there to cover the warranty, if you remove it the manufacturer assumes you modified the device somehow and therefor voided the warranty

Is it a stupid idea to upgrade to an i7 and gtx 1080 if your mobo is pleb tier? everything is compatible, I just want to avoid changing mobo

Well in most cases it wont make much of a difference as MB features aren't very important when it comes to performance. Other cases it will such as if your i7 is unlocked and you want to overclock.

Post your MB model? Also if it's for gaming don't get an i7 and stick with an i5.

It's this one

pcpartpicker.com/product/YDrG3C/asrock-motherboard-h97manniversary

I'm not that interested in overclocking right now but I was thinking of getting unlocked in case I decide to in the future.

I've been using a 4 year old mac laptop that has been serving me well, but my school now demands a windows laptop (I don't think they'll accept my bootcamp windows), so I'm looking for something cheap and pretty reliable.

Are newer thinkpads still regarded as tanks in their durability? Honestly just need something that won't fail mid-test.

On some websites, you can press a button or something and it remakes the page without redirecting to a new url, but changes the url to the new page.

How does this work? Just remove all the specific page elements, add the new page ones and change browser url?

What's the best VPN I can possibly get? NordVPN is painfully slow and PIA sold out to the Russians.

New Thinkpads have shit build quality compared to the older models. X220 and T420 are still the best last time I checked.

From what I understand OCing on a non Z board (yours is H as is H97M) requires messing with the BIO's which if screwed up might mean a new MB. There is also the issue of it having an older socket (1150) with the newer Intel cpu using 1151 it means upgrading to an older generation. Which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on many factors.

It would also help if I knew why you were upgrading. The 1080 sounds like vidya which isn't bad but it's also worth remembering very few games benefit from having a i7 over a i5. Money saved there could go towards a better GPU. On the other hand video editing gets more from an i7.

Can ransomware encrypt already encrypted files?

>HURR DURR

thanks

What is a good wireless lan stick?
Connectivity is not the problem but all of them break after like two year.
Is this coincidence?

how do dual band routers work? will there be two things you can connect to or does it just pick the best one?

Is there any android app that cam make my photos look like they are taken with GoPro?
That effect that make objects look much more far away, little curved

fish eye

Yeah sorry I should have said why. I'm looking to get a 1440p monitor and I currently have an i3 4950 and a Radeon R9 280X which usually get me below 60fps on even 1080p.

I don't do video editing so i5 would be fine. Thanks for letting me know. Money isn't really an issue. I just don't want all these powerful parts and then be limited by an old MB.

Best android video player?

I've installed the teamspeak.run, now how do I start it?

I hate my GPU. Idk why but not mater what I use whether it's Crimson, Catalyst, or Evolved nothing seems to make my games optimized cause they'll freeze or lag. I had a laptop before this rig and it had Nvidia and would play games no problem.

Anyone have an idea why I'm having these issues? Here are my specs

Vlc works great

I just got a windows 10 laptop, never used windows 8 or 10. What should I install and get rid of on this thing?

I'm looking at this guide
anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64
For getting windows 7 running on a ryzen cpu. It seems like the easiest course of action is just getting a PS/2 keyboard to do the installation with.

I'll just buy a cheap one if I need to, but I have some of these usb to ps/2 adapters laying around from an absolutely ancient pc. Would these allow a USB keyboard to work?

Sometime they do sometimes they don't, honestly

Get rid of: Windows
Install: Gentoo

welp, I'll probably try anyway. I have a pretty damn generic keyboard anyway so I imagine not much could go wrong.

Why would you take it off to begin with ?

Just slipstream USB drivers into your installation media.

I just got a Raspberry and it included a heatsing. The issue is I have no idea how to apply it. Apparently it's "self adhesive" but I don't know what to do with it.
media.digikey.com/pdf/Data Sheets/DFRobot PDFs/FIT0367_Web.pdf
It's this exact model.
Any help? I tried peeling the bottom part but it looks like the entire thing is coming off revealing the copper

I just had a fairly specific problem on Linux, that i already solved myself. But i'm wondering how this happened.
Basically, yesterday i used VLC Media Player to listen to some audio recordings, and i increased the volume to 125% in VLC so i can understand things better.
Then today, i opened the standard media player, i think it's Totem, to listen to music. But the music sounded slightly distorted. It took me a while to figure it out, but it seems that the volume increase to 125% carried over from VLC to Totem. Meanwhile, it didn't carry over to the whole system though, because the volume for Youtube videos (in firefox) was still normal.

Why is this?

There should be an adhesive strip, you probably peeled off the entire thing instead of just the cover

not a linux user but maybe they use the same volume setting

the distortion is caused by how amplifying audio works

How did the "Debian/Arch - Linux for Lesbians" meme start? All the lesbians I know that don't use OSX use Ubuntu, and I know a lot of lesbians.

Looks weird, housefire (?), and they might want you to take it off.
I'll call EVGA soon this week as they have great customer care anyways.

Just assembled my first rig, what is the cheapest I can purchase a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit activation key, or what is the best alternative way to activate

How do I use some basic HTML to accomplish something similar to the spoiler tags in forums like pic related?

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/details

Nice, thanks. Though I'm completely retarded when it comes to style stuff or CSS or whatever so getting rid of the arrow might be a pain unless that general puts up with really noobish questions.

Pls help guys

My dude you know the answer already. You have fallen victim to the cruel meme known as AMD.

does anyone have that "average network/system admin" pick wiht the dude who has a big fucking smile on his face

I'm retarded.
Do I want Debian or Ubuntu coming from Windows 7?

Does XWayland have good compatability?

Fuck. Well is there any good Nvidia card at a decent price?

Are there any PCIe 1x modules/adapters for Raspberry Pi or Orange Pi that don't require me to solder anything?
I'm searching the cheapest solution to connect PCIe x1 to one of these boards and I'd like to avoid spending money on any soldering kits.

How to store private PGP keys when I need to regularly use it for decryption?

I see people saying how they split it in multiple parts, encrypt each part separately and print it on a QR code and store each printed QR code in a different physical location or whatever.

Obviously this is not practical when you need to use the key to decrypt emails on a regular basis.
So, how do I keep the private key relatively safe, yet handy for use?

Is there any problem in taking the main hard drive straight out of one laptop and running it on a completely different laptop, or do you just have a bunch of unused drivers?

nvm found it ;)

you can get blue screen because the mobo is different, personally I never tried with laptop but I did it with desktop and I got bsod, it required me to install the mobo drivers manually from the windows 7 boot disc in cmd, pic related.

Sorry, I didn't explain it well, so I'll edit my original pic.

I wanted something like pic related, where I can view and sort multiple folders based on the number of files inside them.

AMD cards are fine don't lead people astray in /sqt/.

Are there any screenshot addons for firefox that aren't bundled with crapware? Need something to screenshot a whole page, not just the visible part.

Awesome Screenshot works great but it collects your browsing data to feed you shopping ads

Thanks user.